Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

i keep dreaming of a girl i loved

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:02 AM

Your not considering what that might do to her emotionally. Everyone could be torn up and hurt as a result. She might be happy and content in her life. You dont want to come in and stir up all kinds of complication in what you describe as a pretty good life

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#32    SwampGator

SwampGator

Skeptical Skeptic

• 1,171 posts

• It seems common sense is not that common.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:26 AM

She made her choice....period.
Learn from it and move on.

"The ones who look so far outside the box they lose the box completely = Blind Believer"   Chaoszerg

#33    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:32 AM

She made her choice....period.
Learn from it and move on.

Yeah listen to him  thumbsup.gif

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#34    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:47 AM

Yes, don't be a player hater. Don't think about yourself think about her and her boyfriend. If they are all ready happy then leave it. If you tried to get back together you may end up ruining 3 peoples lives. She's probobly a whole different kind of person now.

Heres a quote from my book: "There are plenty of fish in the sea...and few hot lifeguards too."

Edited by Cadetak47, 07 December 2006 - 05:48 AM.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#35    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

"and few hot lifeguards too."

That's the key to your quote, only a few are worth getting.  

Let me say this, I've been in the same position, except I was the one someone loved, but was involved with someone else.  The only thing I wasn't happy about my friend telling me that she loved was the fact she did this at a party, and my girlfriend was there.  Wasn't a good scenario, but if we were to have been alone, the drama that night would've never happened.  I would've told her I was flattered, but that it wouldn't be fair to my g/f to just dump her because she confessed too late.

That was five years ago, I'm still friends with her, and I'm not with my g/f anymore.  And no, that's not her fault, like I said, the person that is hearing the confession gets to make a decision too.  I made the decision to stay with my g/f, and stayed friends with the other girl.  

I have a lot of respect for my friend, she put it all out there, in front of everyone at our school, for me.  I felt very flattered, I had just wished she had told me sooner, things maybe would've went in her favor.

Who knows, but we're still friends today, we still have the same feelings deep down, things just aren't how they need to be for us to continue.  One day they will, and it's all because she told me how she felt over five years ago.

#36    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

I know how you feel. I have dreams of this one girl who i feel like i love. some of these dreams are kinda weird too. but similar to your situation, shes with someone else who she really loves. but not married of course.

#37    the lastninja

the lastninja

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• live in the shadows die by the sword

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

well i asked her and she did and still does love me.her hubby and her are just together so they can share the house they live in as he is seeeing another woman so its just as well i asked!!.i am meeting her later on tonight to see how we get on. ph34r.gif

#38    LuckyGirl1

LuckyGirl1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:50 AM

You sure had a great timing with your dreams then wink2.gif
Just ensure you know what you might getting into. Maybe she is just interested in games, a revenge for her husband's missus, or does love you but might never get divorced from her husband.
It might as well all turn out fine, but be aware you might get burnt.

#39    MAPip

MAPip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Here's a new twist if anyone can offer advice:

I also dream about a girl, from high school, we hardly talked then, but we would glare at each other for most of class, for an entire year. I only went to that high school my last year and left the state for college. All four years, I would think and dream about her frequently, but would never act on it. In a sense, her image reminded me to work hard and stay faithful to a good life (as defined by my faith and conscience). She has had the same boyfriend since her first year of college. When I returned home after graduating, I went to her and thanked her for her support, despite the fact that she had no knowledge of it. Her presence, though vicarious, was something that kept me strong when life was difficult. She was speechless, though unafraid. She messaged (FB) me to apologize that she could not entertain any of my feelings because she was in a dedicated relationship; I expressed that my feelings were not romantic, but still affectionate. After a few more messages of trying to convey my feelings, it seemed a bit hopeless so I tried to refrain from thinking about her or contacting her. Now, I have a wonderful girlfriend of 2 years, who is very dedicated, and I still find myself dreaming of this other girl. I do wish it would stop, for I would never wish to hurt the woman I now love. And of course, I wish the best for this other girl and her boyfriend. Unfortunately, I see no way for this to stop. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

The dreams generally involved us having conversation after I would pick her up from being with her boyfried. We would hold hands some dreams, other ones would involve walking, or flying, side by side. One dream in particular had me pick her up from the house where she lived with her boyfriend to move in with me -into a house that I was renting from her boyfriend!

This is my first post. I joined the community after reading the original poster's message and strongly relating with many of the comments. This seems like a community that values intuition, human experience, and respectful discussion. I'm not Polish, but as they say, thanks from the mountain!

#40    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

MAPip, on 08 February 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Here's a new twist if anyone can offer advice:

I also dream about a girl, from high school, we hardly talked then, but we would glare at each other for most of class, for an entire year. I only went to that high school my last year and left the state for college. All four years, I would think and dream about her frequently, but would never act on it. In a sense, her image reminded me to work hard and stay faithful to a good life (as defined by my faith and conscience). She has had the same boyfriend since her first year of college. When I returned home after graduating, I went to her and thanked her for her support, despite the fact that she had no knowledge of it. Her presence, though vicarious, was something that kept me strong when life was difficult. She was speechless, though unafraid. She messaged (FB) me to apologize that she could not entertain any of my feelings because she was in a dedicated relationship; I expressed that my feelings were not romantic, but still affectionate. After a few more messages of trying to convey my feelings, it seemed a bit hopeless so I tried to refrain from thinking about her or contacting her. Now, I have a wonderful girlfriend of 2 years, who is very dedicated, and I still find myself dreaming of this other girl. I do wish it would stop, for I would never wish to hurt the woman I now love. And of course, I wish the best for this other girl and her boyfriend. Unfortunately, I see no way for this to stop. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

The dreams generally involved us having conversation after I would pick her up from being with her boyfried. We would hold hands some dreams, other ones would involve walking, or flying, side by side. One dream in particular had me pick her up from the house where she lived with her boyfriend to move in with me -into a house that I was renting from her boyfriend!

This is my first post. I joined the community after reading the original poster's message and strongly relating with many of the comments. This seems like a community that values intuition, human experience, and respectful discussion. I'm not Polish, but as they say, thanks from the mountain!
Your dreams are a way of dealing with internal conflicts. Don't let it bother you and just let them do their job. You shouldn't feel guilty about this, your mind has to express itself to be healthy. Take care.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users