Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Old Sunbury Lunatic Asylum

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    insecurity

insecurity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• I will show you fear in a handful of dust. - T. S. Eliot - The Waste Lands

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

Oh the campus is fantastic at night, especially with all the wildlife; owls, possums, rabbits, foxes. Sometimes I feel like I'm on some old English estate. That and its eerie in a strangely compelling and beautiful way.

Posted Image

#62    sarah mmm

sarah mmm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

that university is beautiful.

i remember going there many many years ago with my dad.. (used to do security to sunbury) and just walking around creeped me out a lot.. that was back when i was like 11.. (almost 17).. he had workers up there day and night and sometimes certain workers refused to work certain nights because the night before they saw things.. one story is that two of the workers were talking(not sure where) but they suddenly see 2 people walking past them.. they say hello to the people then the people just keep walking up a hill.. the two workers then go to see where the people have gone they can see them fine till the people get over the hill and they walked faster up the hill and they got to the top and couldn't see anyone insight..

my dad worked there some nights and never experienced anything.. apart from one night he suddenly had the hairs on the back of his neck stand up...

i never experienced anything while i was there with my dad but last year(2007) my friend started a music course of recording.. all my friends are into music so we all went to record some songs.. everyone had left but the people i was going home with. We were all packing up the car with instruments and music folders and me and a friend went to get the last few bits of music... we grabbed it all.. were talking how the building scares us and how we couldn't look out the window incase we saw something.. so in that talk we forgot to pick up the keys.. we walk outside and the door closes and we realise that we left the keys in there.. so we were told to go down the hill and look for security.. we couldnt find anyone so we start walking up to building 22 and i look to the left of the building near a few trees and i see a figure just walking down the road. we run towards the building and see that security was there.. we ask our friends if they saw anyone go down the road in white and they said no... me and the friend who saw it were really scared...

during the day time of the recording we went to the music place where the padded room is.. then my friends decided it would be funny to lock me in...

i can't wait for the next day of recording!!!

#63    neesha

neesha

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• what we cannt see I seek

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

With so much sadness and heartbreak, and the madness..there all negative emotions.  Real ghost, or a record in time, I fully believe in.

#64    fallenine

fallenine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hey Sarah, yeah that happened to us heaps. I finished the degree in 2006 and many times we saw/heard stuff in both Bld22 and 15. Many times i was driven out of the end studio room by the 'ol ghostie! I'm not joking here.

sarah mmm on Jan 12 2008, 05:41 PM, said:

that university is beautiful.

i remember going there many many years ago with my dad.. (used to do security to sunbury) and just walking around creeped me out a lot.. that was back when i was like 11.. (almost 17).. he had workers up there day and night and sometimes certain workers refused to work certain nights because the night before they saw things.. one story is that two of the workers were talking(not sure where) but they suddenly see 2 people walking past them.. they say hello to the people then the people just keep walking up a hill.. the two workers then go to see where the people have gone they can see them fine till the people get over the hill and they walked faster up the hill and they got to the top and couldn't see anyone insight..

my dad worked there some nights and never experienced anything.. apart from one night he suddenly had the hairs on the back of his neck stand up...

i never experienced anything while i was there with my dad but last year(2007) my friend started a music course of recording.. all my friends are into music so we all went to record some songs.. everyone had left but the people i was going home with. We were all packing up the car with instruments and music folders and me and a friend went to get the last few bits of music... we grabbed it all.. were talking how the building scares us and how we couldn't look out the window incase we saw something.. so in that talk we forgot to pick up the keys.. we walk outside and the door closes and we realise that we left the keys in there.. so we were told to go down the hill and look for security.. we couldnt find anyone so we start walking up to building 22 and i look to the left of the building near a few trees and i see a figure just walking down the road. we run towards the building and see that security was there.. we ask our friends if they saw anyone go down the road in white and they said no... me and the friend who saw it were really scared...

during the day time of the recording we went to the music place where the padded room is.. then my friends decided it would be funny to lock me in...

i can't wait for the next day of recording!!!

#65    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

Sunny98 on Nov 29 2006, 01:20 AM, said:

I remember in Psychology courses we'd go over history of such places. It was completely horrifying.  Makes me think of this movie, "house on haunted hill" (I believe)- Where this asylum's patients got revenge on it's Drs, and nurses who tortured them..and their spirits eventually got revenge on the Dr.s and nurses next of kin.... sort of stupid, but it had some pretty funky scenes...
That is one of my favorite Horror movies but not the second House on haunted Hill 2, I like the end and the crazy Engineer that owns the amusement park reminds me of myself...lol

#66    Katto

Katto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:15 AM

HEy I kno its a bit late but that place has always feaked the hell out of me, Im a sunbury chick Ive lived here my whole life n I use 2 do drama classes at the boilerhouse neer there and I didnt go anywere by myself jst cold and eerie couldnt stand it neways I had a friend a few years ago whos sister was staying up at the doorms so we went ova one nite just to hang out n we hd music on fairly loud and just hanging out joking ect and then her cd player keept turning off then it wouldnt work at all then a book got thrown at my friend and it wasnt any of us so we all **** ourselves and ran down the hill 2 a friends place who lived neer by and got him 2 drive us home but yeh freaked us out, she left at the end of the year n her cd player still didnt work in that room but it does at her new place I dunno if any1 will belive me but its tru also apparently rupetswood bridge has a ghost but u can find out more about that here http://theshadowlands.net/places/australia.htm nd scroll down newho yeh

#67    Bonmoo

Bonmoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Now that the site isn't being used by the uni and it is up for sale, does anyone know who to contact to see if I can get access into the buildings to do a paranormal investigation?

#68    bai_lopez

bai_lopez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

If you wanna hear a really freaky TRUE story keep reading. One day a few weeks ago me and my friend Daniel were looking around the asylum as we have heard about the stories. we are both 13 year old boys, we found a few little ways to get in and we went in a little tiny sort of engine room. We were both looking to the right and then we both heard someone/something say Daniel in a sort of whisper voice. we both turned around and saw a sort of see through whitey grey apparition of and old hunched over lady and she just dissapeared and we looked at each other, screamed and got straight back out the little window and bolted back to his house. if you don't believe me i honestly dont mind as this was as true as true can be. i havn't been back there since the event. please help us find proof.  

#69    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Necroposting. Fun. Welcome to UM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users