Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Japan killing dolphins, now whales!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:17 PM

Remember my thread on Japan killing the Dolphins for no good reason? Well I just received an email from Greenpeace and yes, now they are sending a six- ship whaling fleet to the Southern Ocean to kill 945 whales, yes 945 whales! angry.gif Including ten endangered fin whales. Don't they have inaf with the dolphins? Heres is a copy of the email Greenpeace sent me:

"945 WHALES WILL BE HUNTED THIS YEAR
         YOUR IDEAS CAN HELP SAVE THEM
"

Dear friend,

In the coming days, the blue ocean of the Antarctic will turn to red.

The six-ship whaling fleet has left Japan, and is headed directly to the Southern Ocean. 945 whales, including ten endangered fin whales, will be killed - unless we do something to save them.

It's time to put an end to whaling in the Southern Ocean. Forever.

Last year, your emails and activism convinced one of the largest seafood companies in the world to get out of the whaling business. This year, we're asking you to join us in defending the whales from the very beginning.

We need the power of your ideas.

Post your ideas for new actions on the high seas to save more whales.

Join us for the final leg of the Defending Our Oceans expedition as we return to Antarctica to once again confront the whaling fleet.

Click here now to visit our new defending the whales site, where you can get inspired by other people's ideas, rate them, improve them and add your own.

We'll read every idea and you'll see the best ones put into action.

We are all in this together.

945 whales are waiting for your help.

Sincerely,

Gerd Leipold
Executive Director, Greenpeace International

P.S. Please post your own action idea. Click here now.

I just can't believe it! angry.gif  945 whales will be killied! crying.gif The whole world is trying to recuparate the poblation of whales and here comes Japan and starts to kill dolphins for no good reason ( see my other thread) and now whales. mad.gif  They look very smart with their space programs and robots and constructions but they don't respect mother nature and thats one thing that we must all do because we weren't the first species to walk the Earth so we have absolutly no right to damage mother nature and her species. I am not against them killing the whales for eating but it is just to many whales just think about it, 945! angry.gif  mad.gif  crying.gif  no.gif

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#2    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

945....that seems to be a lot of whales...too much. Maybe Japan will, but I do think that Greenpeace is just exagurrating the truth to get people on their side. In no way am I supporting what Japan is doing although.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#3    chris06

chris06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:15 PM

angry.gif Isnt there any law against that?

#4    chris06

chris06

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

no.gif Japan is crazy, cloning, experimenting with animals, and now killing whales!!!

#5    mystery dude

mystery dude

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• I Fell Down The Mountain, Cause I Jumped Off The Cliff..........

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

Wow crazy. Its like they think they own the earth.

#6    REBEL

REBEL

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:15 AM

''To hunt a species to extinction is not logical.''

''Whoever said the human race is logical.''

#7    Star_girl

Star_girl

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

• I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. Og Mandino

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:42 AM

I never understood Japan's eating habits and to kill off something as majestic and beautiful as whales is just mindboggeling  disgust.gif

I pray that God has mercy on their souls for killing whales.

I hope that Greenpeace can stop them...

Posted Image
Sig by The Scorpion

#8    Jok3r

Jok3r

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

Japan really seems to have issues is certain parts of their life. Killing 945 whales? What are you stupid.

#9    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:30 AM

This isn't new, this is an ongoing issue and has been for quite some time. Each year Japan goes out and kills more species of Whales, more and more, and each year the whole world pleads with them to stop, to which the pleas only fall to deaf ears.
Back in the 1980's it was made illegal to hunt many different types of whales simply for food, and this bill was passed in accordance to worries Japan was going to kill many species of whales to extinction before long if it was not stopped.
However, they found a loop-hole. They could kill the Whales for 'scientific research'. So in actuality, what Japan is doing currently they are doing legally through this loophole, since they claim to be killing hundreds of endangered species each year for scoentific research and research into ways to prevent extinction of these creatures.
But in actual fact each of the animals taken winds up in both expensive restaurants in Japan and even in seafood street booths. There is ample evidence in video form of butcher houses littered with the carasses of whales being made ready for eating. Whale is considered a traditional delicacy to the Japanese.
Currently Australia is the worlds leading supporter of banning all whale hunting for all purposes outright, but they are having little luck in stopping this deadful slaughter. sad.gif
I understand the traditional and cultural attraction to eating whale for them, but the lies and simply ridiculous numbers in the slaughter makes me want to cry.

In regards to the dolphins, that's a much more recent issue and i don't have much information on that, but i'm assuming the issue is of the same nature.

#10    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,781 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:22 AM

I am not going to buy anymore of their stuff.  I think I'll write them a letter telling them too.

You got a link for Greenpeace?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#11    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

What link? They sent me this masseage from Greenpeace Ocean Defenders, I'm a member there. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#12    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

Post your ideas for new actions on the high seas to save more whales.

Whatever really they can get their hands on. There is simply no way to humanely kill a whale at sea. From what I understand "modern" whalers use a gun to fire a special grenade into the whale to blow a hole in it.  no.gif

I can honestly say if some whaling ships happened to be blown up or went missing, I could turn a blind eye. innocent.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#13    Saint

Saint

Psychic Spy

• 1,226 posts

• I am the banshee

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Burnside for an interesting reply. I also don't agree with the killing of whales or dolphins - I never knew the Japanese ate them!!

Visit my Blog: Off The Fence

Posted Image

#14    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

torpedo their ships and warm them one last time

Posted Image

#15    Asbestos

Asbestos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

Never trust an Asian man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users