Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Japan killing dolphins, now whales!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    Altheia

Altheia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

there is a good reason for this you know, for all hunting.

MONEY!

i don't support it, but that's how it is.

Making a specie almost extinct raises their value.
Also the last ones of their kind are the real pricey ones.

It's cruel, it's human.

#17    Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

~Voltaire

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Its like, an animal is only worth eating if its endangered.

#18    Denzanrom

Denzanrom

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:09 PM

Will we be having to go warring with Japan again? (excuse my grammar)
That doesn't sound good.

#19    Altheia

Altheia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

go to war for whales?
ha, i'd like to see that.

china periodically kills i dno how many dogs a year. To fight rabies and all that, you don't see anyone "warring" over that.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...02/ai_n16655512
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5233704.stm

#20    Denzanrom

Denzanrom

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

Yeah you're right. I let myself fly off the hook again. >_>

Killing dogs to get rid of rabies. I'm much more worried about what China does with those corpses. Chinese are so high up for profit that did you know they actually pirate food?

Edited by Denzanrom, 07 December 2006 - 03:05 PM.

#21    ninjashoes

ninjashoes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:23 PM

Why do people have to get racist in here? Americans have caused a few species to go extinct. Not saying its right what theyre doing but whats with the "never trust and asian man" comment? Awkward attempt at humor Im guessing.

Edited by ninjashoes, 08 December 2006 - 01:24 PM.

"We are all one" - Genki Sudo

#22    Tucuxi

Tucuxi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• Hatred is no way to make progress.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:19 PM

I am partial to Burside's post. I'm glad I didn't have to type all that out myself... As far as Greenpeace, I myself am an environmentalist, but I disagree with a lot of the things they do. Standing atop a slain whale and sending back horrific pictures may evoke pity, but it won't help that whale and it may not cause anyone to spring into action. All you will get is an "Oh, that's terrible SOMEONE should do something about this!", then they forget and go back to what they were doing. When organizations such as Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd exaggerate "facts" and throw generalizing insults at countries and cultures, it does nothing but discredit the organization.  Asian people, in this case, specifically the Japanese, are not monsters. Much of the general population is against the prospect of whaling, and many are not aware of the dolphin drive fisheries. When they find out, many are horrified. I have the same view about the Icelandics and Norwegians. There are plenty of good, fine people there. Regarding the whalers themselves, I doubt that many, if any, actually get some sort of sadistic satisfaction out of killing the whales. I know at least the Norwegians and Icelandics have quite a bit of respect for them. I am very against commercial and "scientific" whaling as well as whaling which is done because the people involved accuse the cetaceans of "eating too many fish", I completely disagree with the practice for many reasons. I also believe that insulting, belittling, harassing, and stereotyping people is no way to bring about change. Hating the people won't help the animals.

Edited by Tucuxi, 11 December 2006 - 04:22 PM.

Posted Image
Pictures of Inouk taken by Stefan Jacobs and Valerie Meyer Pictures of living captive orcas HERE

#23    arkland

arkland

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

• "There is no evil"

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

It's so simple NUKE JAPAN

#24    Tucuxi

Tucuxi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

Well, there goes any last vestige of respect I have for YOU. That's a terrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Posted Image
Pictures of Inouk taken by Stefan Jacobs and Valerie Meyer Pictures of living captive orcas HERE

#25    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

I think you should change your name to Hitler.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#26    OlDrippy34

OlDrippy34

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

• If I woke up looking like that, I would just run to the nearest living thing and just kill it.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:18 PM

I am not going to buy anymore of their stuff.  I think I'll write them a letter telling them too.
You got a link for Greenpeace?

"Dear Japan-
Because of your barbaric policies regarding whales, I shall no longer consume your products.

Shame on you."

Such a crippling blow to Japan's economy would surely cause them to rethink their policy on whales.

These threads always end up being so ridiculous.

All women are evil; the ugly ones just waste it on hating the pretty chicks.

#27    Tucuxi

Tucuxi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

"Dear Japan-
Because of your barbaric policies regarding whales, I shall no longer consume your products.

Shame on you."

Such a crippling blow to Japan's economy would surely cause them to rethink their policy on whales.

These threads always end up being so ridiculous.

I agree. Boycotting all Japanese goods, I believe, won't help in this situation. Lobbying and the spread of awareness (NOT Eco-Terrorism) is what needs to be done. Dealing such a blow to their economy could potentially force them to resort to more killing АND captures for live export. The live-capture of dolphins for export makes them a lot of money. Whaling is such a concentrated problem in Japan that it is not logical to attack other parts of their economy. We must help them find a better way to conduct "research" and better ways of managing their fisheries, such as lowering the amount of wasted fish, therefore helping wild stocks. That's just 1 possibility.

Posted Image

#28    OlDrippy34

OlDrippy34

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

• If I woke up looking like that, I would just run to the nearest living thing and just kill it.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:57 PM

My post was completely facetious.

All women are evil; the ugly ones just waste it on hating the pretty chicks.

#29    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

To be honest I didn't think an advanced nation such as Japan to take part in something as cruel this. no.gif

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#30    MadMachine

MadMachine

Knight of the Most High God

• 1,728 posts

• Your God is Imaginary.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

To be honest I didn't think an advanced nation such as Japan to take part in something as cruel this. no.gif

"To be honest I didn't think an advanced nation such as Iceland to take part in something as cruel this. no.gif"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------(^see what I did there. tee-hee)
Gimme a break, I'm sure the US as well as other countries do equally "cruel" things. sleepy.gif

ERODE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users