Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

PSI -vs- SCI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
523 replies to this topic

#376    Arthur Vandolay

Arthur Vandolay

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• If all the world is a stage, then where does the audience sit?

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

...Silly man.

Why do you insist on insulting people?  Questioning someone, and insulting them are two different things.  DW was being more than civil, and you counter with "silly man".  Why?  And I agree with JJ and DW in that you should take the challenge?  Of course, by now i seriously doubt anyone will take it.  But hey now that we have asked you to take it, if you ignore our request, or refuse to take the test.  Well then, not really much more that can be said.  And please, if there is just going to be a small minded comment/remark do not worry about responding.  I have younger siblings I can talk to if I want to be belittled with names.

Edited by Arthur Vandolay, 03 June 2007 - 06:19 PM.

Try the new Occum mach 5! This razor lifts, and removes that unwanted stubble in your theorys.

#377    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

• Time is the teller of all tales great and small.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

Why do you insist on insulting people?  Questioning someone, and insulting them are two different things.  DW was being more than civil, and you counter with "silly man".  Why?  And I agree with JJ and DW in that you should take the challenge?  Of course, by now i seriously doubt anyone will take it.  But hey now that we have asked you to take it, if you ignore our request, or refuse to take the test.  Well then, not really much more that can be said.  And please, if there is just going to be a small minded comment/remark do not worry about responding.  I have younger siblings I can talk to if I want to be belittled with names.

Hey go look at this picture - He's the age of your younger siblings... That should pretty much explain it. Sigh.......

#378    Arthur Vandolay

Arthur Vandolay

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

Hey go look at this picture - He's the age of your younger siblings... That should pretty much explain it. Sigh.......

He was being rather harsh towards me in another thread as well.  I am really glad he has posted in here, now we can see if he will be up to the challenge.

Also, I have recieved two instant messages (via UM) and both of the people were interested in the test.  However, they asked if they could send me tapes.

So before I get anymore message like that....

READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!!

You can send me all the tapes you want, but if you do not do the RULES EXACTLY as they are listed here.  You will be wasting postage.  Firstly the tapes are not sent to me.  Secondly, they have to be done within the confines of the 'experiment'.  So old videos of your 'proof' are not going to work.  Please READ THE RULES before asking questions about the challenge.  It really looks bad when I mention things and you say 'huh? Oh I didn't read the thread it was too big' Well if that is the case, then so is your wallet.

Try the new Occum mach 5! This razor lifts, and removes that unwanted stubble in your theorys.

#379    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

Where in that post you posted is the word tao? I was using science. Science has proven that all reality is viewed in the brain and that the brain is also a translation of itself in consciousness. I only mentioned Tao to fylgja because his personal quote is a Taoist quote.

Silly man.

Okay, you are right you did not mention the word tao! So i will correct myself on that.

But you are still using a theory on consciousness which is not yet fully understood, and shouldn't be used as an
example for being able to control matter with the mind becuase it is not yet proven.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#380    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

He was being rather harsh towards me in another thread as well.  I am really glad he has posted in here, now we can see if he will be up to the challenge.

Also, I have recieved two instant messages (via UM) and both of the people were interested in the test.  However, they asked if they could send me tapes.

So before I get anymore message like that....

READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!!

You can send me all the tapes you want, but if you do not do the RULES EXACTLY as they are listed here.  You will be wasting postage.  Firstly the tapes are not sent to me.  Secondly, they have to be done within the confines of the 'experiment'.  So old videos of your 'proof' are not going to work.  Please READ THE RULES before asking questions about the challenge.  It really looks bad when I mention things and you say 'huh? Oh I didn't read the thread it was too big' Well if that is the case, then so is your wallet.

Good grief - this is just sad. Really seriously sad. I just had a Jr High kid read the rules and explain what was being said. He had no issues w/it - Even understood exactly what must be done to accept the Challenge. With NO COACHING. I just had him read it and tell me what must be done. He had it 100% right on.

Besides, Author - no offence but why are they PM'ing just U?? They should be PM'ing us both... since we both have $$ invested in this challenge.

Sigh...........

#381    Jjbreen

Jjbreen

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

Ok, this one just cracked me up laughing to the point of tears:

Jj - you challenge isn't fair! You cannot have all those conditions that must be met! ....

My answer to the young lad:

Yes I can - it's my money......

#382    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

Ok, this one just cracked me up laughing to the point of tears:
My answer to the young lad:

lol, How is it not fair? Jj and Arthur are only taking out any possible way to fake these abilites!

If you cannot perform the challenge as is then you obviously realise the "FACTS"...

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#383    Arthur Vandolay

Arthur Vandolay

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

...Besides, Author - no offence but why are they PM'ing just U?? They should be PM'ing us both... since we both have $$ invested in this challenge...

I didn't even think of that! Yeah!!!!!! And even if they do PM me, they should PM you first!! I will say that a few more times, apparently the 10% brain myth is real when it comes to reading rules and regulations...

PM JJbreen FIRST
DO NOT PM JJbreen second
DO NOT PM Arthur Vandolay first
PM JJbreen FIRST
PM JJbreen FIRST

And lastly, PM JJbreen FIRST It is HIS challenge.  I am a co-conspirator nothing more.  All rules and regulations are followed per his guidance.  I am the last step in a long chain. I am a peon, grunt, stockholder, lacky.  I hold no monies other than my 100, and it goes no where without JJbreen's money.  So PM JJbreen FIRST if you have questions, or wish to apply then do it via the PROPER channels.

I mean c'mon your psychic, and you can't even figure out how to apply/question about the challenge? Looking bad for you already.

#384    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:05 AM

Um, no where in the Tao te Ching does it say that you can move stuff with your mind. That's not part of Taoist belief at all. That's just a modern day corruption of Taoist beliefs by stuff like Anime and Star Wars. Go make your video and win the 300 bucks then I will reconsider my philosophy on Tao and physics.

Because according to Taoism everything is one and connected. Therefore moving things with your mind wouldnt be considered supernatural but natural because everything is connected to everything else. According to the Tao Te Ching there is no mind, there is only Tao and Tao is infinite possibility and infinite possibility has no limitations whatsoever. So moving things with an illusory mind that isnt actually there is no problem for Tao for it would be a manifestation of Tao no or less than the classical laws of physics.

To say anything doesnt exist within Tao is to contradict Tao for Tao makes all things not only possible but actual. But that is my interpretation from the study of Tao.

Personally I think you lack the philosophical abstract discrimination of what Tao is to be saying that I am corrupting it. I know that before I write anything about Tao that I contradict it because Tao transcends all imposition, conception and description. For if you truly understood Tao you would understand that it is also in the Anime and Star Wars.

Here is a Taoist parable to demonstrate what I mean:

Master Tung-kuo asked Chuang tzu, "This thing called the Way---where does it exists?" Chuang Tzu said, "There's no place it doesn't exist." "Come," said Master Tung-kuo, "you must be more specific!"
"It is in the ant."
"As low a thing as that?"
"It is in the panic grass."
"But that is lower still!"
"It is in the tiles and shards."
"How can it be so low?"
"It is in the piss and sh**!"
Chuang Tzu said, "Sir, your questions simply don't get at the substance of the matter. When Inspector Huo asked the superintendent of the market how to test the fatness of a pig by pressing it with the foot, he was told that the lower down on the pig you press, the nearer you come to the truth. But you must not expect to find the Way(Tao) in any particular place---there is no thing that escapes its presence! Such is the Perfect Way(Tao), and so too are the truly great words. 'Complete,' 'universal,' 'all-inclusive'---these three are different words with the same meaning. All point to a single reality.

---Chuang Tzu

If Tao is present everywhere then it must also be present in Psychic ability and powers for Tao draws no distinction between what is seen and what is imagined for within the boundless boundaries of Tao all things possible are actually actual. yes.gif

Posted Image
The man of science is a poor philosopher.
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#385    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:07 AM

Okay, you are right you did not mention the word tao! So i will correct myself on that.

But you are still using a theory on consciousness which is not yet fully understood, and shouldn't be used as an
example for being able to control matter with the mind becuase it is not yet proven.

But it has been proven over and over. The simplest example is the fact that consciousness controls the brain which controls the matter of the body. Therefore consciousness moves matter because consciousness is matter!

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#386    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

But it has been proven over and over. The simplest example is the fact that consciousness controls the brain which controls the matter of the body. Therefore consciousness moves matter because consciousness is matter!

Where do you get this from BNW?  Paranormal phenomena indicate that our minds can communicate with other minds and affect distant physical systems by nonordinary means. Whether such phenomena can be adequately explained in terms of nonlocality and the quantum vacuum or whether they involve superphysical forces and states of matter as yet unknown to science is still an open question, and one which merits further experimental study.

Quantum theory is generally regarded as one of the most successful scientific theories ever formulated. But while the mathematical description of the quantum world allows the probabilities of experimental results to be calculated with a high degree of accuracy, there is no consensus on what it means in conceptual terms.

#387    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

Where do you get this from BNW?  Paranormal phenomena indicate that our minds can communicate with other minds and affect distant physical systems by nonordinary means. Whether such phenomena can be adequately explained in terms of nonlocality and the quantum vacuum or whether they involve superphysical forces and states of matter as yet unknown to science is still an open question, and one which merits further experimental study.

Quantum theory is generally regarded as one of the most successful scientific theories ever formulated. But while the mathematical description of the quantum world allows the probabilities of experimental results to be calculated with a high degree of accuracy, there is no consensus on what it means in conceptual terms.

Holographic theory states that there is an implicate order in which all locations are equal. This means that the keyboard distance from your comp screen is the same as the distance of the earth to the sun. If at a level more subtle than the quantum particle level exists as physicist David Bohm states then in reality there is no reason why consciousness cant move things aside its body or even have to use its body since at this implicate level all points of matter are equal. And since quantum theory has proven Bell's theorem that all things are connected, that means if one person infuences one sub-atomic particle he actually influences the ENTIRE UNIVERSE because all is connected.

Quantum theory has shown that the universe is not only stranger than we think but stranger than we are capable of thinking.

Edited by brave_new_world, 04 June 2007 - 06:32 AM.

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

#388    fylgja

fylgja

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

Because according to Taoism everything is one and connected. Therefore moving things with your mind wouldnt be considered supernatural but natural because everything is connected to everything else. According to the Tao Te Ching there is no mind, there is only Tao and Tao is infinite possibility and infinite possibility has no limitations whatsoever. So moving things with an illusory mind that isnt actually there is no problem for Tao for it would be a manifestation of Tao no or less than the classical laws of physics.

To say anything doesnt exist within Tao is to contradict Tao for Tao makes all things not only possible but actual. But that is my interpretation from the study of Tao.

Personally I think you lack the philosophical abstract discrimination of what Tao is to be saying that I am corrupting it. I know that before I write anything about Tao that I contradict it because Tao transcends all imposition, conception and description. For if you truly understood Tao you would understand that it is also in the Anime and Star Wars.

Here is a Taoist parable to demonstrate what I mean:

Master Tung-kuo asked Chuang tzu, "This thing called the Way---where does it exists?" Chuang Tzu said, "There's no place it doesn't exist." "Come," said Master Tung-kuo, "you must be more specific!"
"It is in the ant."
"As low a thing as that?"
"It is in the panic grass."
"But that is lower still!"
"It is in the tiles and shards."
"How can it be so low?"
"It is in the piss and sh**!"
Chuang Tzu said, "Sir, your questions simply don't get at the substance of the matter. When Inspector Huo asked the superintendent of the market how to test the fatness of a pig by pressing it with the foot, he was told that the lower down on the pig you press, the nearer you come to the truth. But you must not expect to find the Way(Tao) in any particular place---there is no thing that escapes its presence! Such is the Perfect Way(Tao), and so too are the truly great words. 'Complete,' 'universal,' 'all-inclusive'---these three are different words with the same meaning. All point to a single reality.

---Chuang Tzu
If Tao is present everywhere then it must also be present in Psychic ability and powers for Tao draws no distinction between what is seen and what is imagined for within the boundless boundaries of Tao all things possible are actually actual. yes.gif

Hi. original.gif
The clairvoyant may see forms which are elsewhere, but he cannot see the formless. The telepathic may communicate directly with the mind of another, but he cannot communicate with one who has achieved no-mind. The telekinetic may move an object without touching it, but he cannot move the intangible. Such abilities have meaning only in the realm of duality. Therefore, they are meaningless. Within the Great Oneness, though there is no such thing as clairvoyance, telepathy, or telekinesis, all things are seen, all things understood, all things forever in their proper places. ~Hua Hu Ching (chapter 20)

#389    Arthur Vandolay

Arthur Vandolay

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

Hi. original.gif
The clairvoyant may see forms which are elsewhere, but he cannot see the formless. The telepathic may communicate directly with the mind of another, but he cannot communicate with one who has achieved no-mind. The telekinetic may move an object without touching it, but he cannot move the intangible. Such abilities have meaning only in the realm of duality. Therefore, they are meaningless. Within the Great Oneness, though there is no such thing as clairvoyance, telepathy, or telekinesis, all things are seen, all things understood, all things forever in their proper places. ~Hua Hu Ching (chapter 20)

That was beautiful, hopefully the "Great Oneness" is not a god, I am so tired of gods and magicians.

BNW
And using Theory to explain that something is real is alot harder than TAKING THE CHALLENGE  Then you dont have to hit [F5] to see if anyone has responded.  You can talk until you are blue in the face, post as many times and theorys as you want.  But until you prove it I do not believe you, or even care what you try to promote.  You have belittled me, and other respectable people on these boards.  And you have claimed to have Magical Powers, so STEP UP then.  Instead of trying to silence us with rude remarks, and childish behavior, PROVE that what you say is true.

Before you have a chance to see this I am going to post my prediction, You will not take the challenge for one of these reasons...

1. You don't do proof.
2. You don't care if we believe you.
3. You can't do the powers, you just tote around the theorys in your pocket.

Of course I do not claim to be psychic, and only you and I will know if I was right.  For I am sure you will make up one just to show I am wrong.  Well, there it is, I have asked you to take the Challenge.

#390    fylgja

fylgja

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:53 AM

That was beautiful, hopefully the "Great Oneness" is not a god, I am so tired of gods and magicians.

The "Great Oneness" is the Universe. "Uni" means "one". "Verse" means "song." So Universe=One song or Great Oneness. We are all born from nothing and we will all return to nothing and the Tao is the Way. wink2.gif

I don't think anyone will take your challenge. They will continue to ignore it, and go on making outrageous claims about psi balls. Meanwhile this thread and challenge will be buried along with any other thread with a bit of logic in it.
My husband's best friend is a molecular physicist. A doctor actually. He invented liquid crystals, and discovered how to make lazers bend. If anyone could figure out a way to make energy with their minds he could, and he laughs and laughs at the notion. He says to me, "there is nothing in this universe that is not quanitifiable..." I don't know about that, but I don't think psi balls are real or that people can move stuff with their minds. If they could Vegas would be in a whole lot of trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users