Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Radio Heads

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 01:38 PM

I hope you get a reply Dakoda. Same thing happened to me today-same place-same tune :o

And also in the chatroom on Sunday, with that Chad Kroeger tune. :sj

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#17    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 11 June 2002 - 01:46 PM

:s03 Same here Dakoda.

BTW Tommy,KC, A,LB etc who were there Sunday, I have had to get the cd single of 'HERO' cause i haven't got it out of my head!!! :s2 :s2

:s9 oh now that was wierd just finished playing the single while adding this post turned on VH1 and the vid had just started............ :s01

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#18    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 01:53 PM

Its a great song. 8)

*  :o time to watch the Ireland match. :s8

:sj

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#19    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 11 June 2002 - 01:58 PM

:sr thanx 4 reminding me :sk

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#20    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 11 June 2002 - 02:04 PM

:s2 :s2  

Is it time to do some personality tests CW? :s4

#21    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 11 June 2002 - 02:21 PM

::) AHH  :s2 But Tommy I'm female i can do two things at once  ;D

Can't get away from it as pc. is in the same room :P

#22    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 01:18 AM

???If anyone is still interested, I recieved an immediate reply from John Atkinson:

Sounds interesting, but do you also have other examples
       of precognition?

What does 'quite accurately' mean?[refering to PS's post: "Most of the time i do that whilst in clubs, i can quite accurately predict the next few tracks, but i fear thats more to do with the amount of time i spend in clubs than any ESP on my part"]

Have you ever heard of James Randi? He is very good at
       looking at the kind of experiences you are having, and
       can usually sort out what is going on.

You can contact him at: randi@randi.org

I'll forward your email on to him and see what he says;
       he is really very nice and will certainly be interested
       to help you use some logic to take your enquiries a step
       further. As you take about rigorous results, he will
       certainly be able to help you establish a protocol for
       examining your results.

Any thoughts?  :-/

"Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -George Carlin

#23    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 12 June 2002 - 01:28 AM

why the ??? Dakoda? Of course we are still interested and would be good to find out what 'experts' think of discussions like this.
So yes post what u receive from him. Just because we go off the subject a little doesn't mean we are not interested. Isn't that right guys? :st

:s9 Talking of the CK song have just turned on the BOX vid channel while posting this and guess what? Yeap I'm haunted by this song........ok so it's good :o

#24    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 04:24 AM

Thanks CW,

I'll reply to his letter, and keep you guys posted.  :sk

"Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -George Carlin

#25    rockstardogman

rockstardogman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 06:13 PM

Dakoda,

I've experienced this all my life and so have many others I've discussed it with.  I am a musician myself and feel that music is an ancient language that speaks directly to the soul and is in fact the language of the spirit.

Your brother in spirit......

rock

#26    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:50 PM

[blue]
Maybe that should be my new nickname: [/blue]PoopyPants

[blue]Cheers KC... and Celtic... I'll get you... and your little dog too....
[/blue] ;D

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#27    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the

Thanks TO xx

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:59 PM

:s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4 :s4

HELP LOONBOY WANTS TO GET ME!!!!

:s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2

:-* TO LB u know we love u really :st

#28    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 June 2002 - 10:51 PM

Dakoda, when i said "quite accurately", i did then comment afterwards that:
"i fear thats more to do with the amount of time i spend in clubs than any ESP on my part"

To be more exact, i've going to Goth clubs for over 10 years -  there was one stage where i was clubbing 6 nights a week, and i was involved in the promotion of some of these clubs - most of the DJs are friends of mine. Knowing which track would come next, and predicting maybe 3 tracks in advance is due to me knowing them and the way they play their DJ sets, and knowing what records are in their collection. Added to this is my own (i say modestly  ;D)  extensive knowledge of this and related genres of music, and a good 'feel' for what tracks 'work' together when played subsequently. Sorry, but i don't think there is any precognition involved in my case!  

never take me too seriously

#29    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 13 June 2002 - 01:08 AM

Not to worry, CW,  LB knows that we really do care!   :s7

So, today I found a favorite toy for my cat to play with,  and I said,  "Look what I found!" and a second later,  an actress on tv said the exact same words!!  I thought it was an echo for a minute there!  :o

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#30    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 June 2002 - 12:06 AM

:stThough it has been a while since John Atkinson's reply to my letter, I have composed a new one today, and sent it to him just now:

John,

I apologize to have kept you waiting with my reply so long...

No, I have no other examples of precognition to discuss, and would prefer to keep focused on this one, solely.

Unfortunately, your suggestion to "write down the name of the song next time it happens," would not be very efficient in this case because this form of "precognition" occurs very suddenly, just as the song is about to play, though it did occur to me again, a few hours ago. Several members of our discussion forum have also had some more recent experiences:

1. "Same thing happened to me today-same place-same tune. And also in the chatroom on Sunday, with that Chad Kroeger tune."  

2. "oh now that was wierd just finished playing the single while adding this post turned on VH1 and the vid had just started............"

3. "Talking of the CK song have just turned on the BOX vid channel while posting this and guess what? Yeap I'm haunted by this song........"

4.  "Dakoda,
I've experienced this all my life and so have many others I've discussed it with."

I am almost convinced to the brim that this experience must be more than just a simple coincidence, as it seems to occur more and more often. Several of my friends and relatives have also confronted me about having such episodes, as well. I would greatly appreciate if you would, indeed, forward my letters to your friend, Randi,  who could perhaps interpret this occurence for me. Thank you!

Karen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users