Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jacques Cousteau

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1    cherrypine

cherrypine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:22 AM

I was wondering what the diver Jacques Costeau saw or heard in the water in the Bermuda Triangle supposedly?  He also did similar diving in Michigan Lakes I believe but not sure about that.  Whatever it was was not really revealed.

#2    incarnatehellraiser

incarnatehellraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• its better to burn out than to fade away

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

I was wondering what the diver Jacques Costeau saw or heard in the water in the Bermuda Triangle supposedly?  He also did similar diving in Michigan Lakes I believe but not sure about that.  Whatever it was was not really revealed.

sorry im a bit out of date...but when did this geezer go into the bermuda triangle?  did anything weird happen to him? im really interested in the mysteries surrounding the bermuda triangle and if any one has any more information i would be glad to look at it!

98% of the Internet population has a MySpace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy & paste this into your signature.

#3    The Original Chupa King

The Original Chupa King

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

What are you talkin' bout? Give a bit of info, maybe some links, we aren't all knowledged in the ways of cryptids.

#4    evil_E.T

evil_E.T

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

i wasn't aware that Jacques Cousteau ever dived in the Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan. i know that cousteau was a wildlife diver mainly, is there any interesting wildlife in Lake Michigan? i don't know much about it

Posted Image
cool, its all like, sinning against nature  and stuff...still think its gonna kill everyone

#5    The Carnivore

The Carnivore

Therapsid

• 2,875 posts

• Once known as Sadistic Jellyfish of Doom.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

i wasn't aware that Jacques Cousteau ever dived in the Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan. i know that cousteau was a wildlife diver mainly, is there any interesting wildlife in Lake Michigan? i don't know much about it

No, but there's supposed to me a monster in it.
And he never dove in the triangle, I have a book on him.

ಠ_ಠ

#6    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

I remember I used to watch the show he used to have, but I never remember anything about hearing any strange "noises" or any other reports made in relation to Cousteau, sorry.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#7    Murderman187

Murderman187

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• allround profiler,
    heavily based investigations
    executive discovery
    operations development

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

the story goes, that on one of his diving trips he encountered something really strange.
Somethign so strange that people said he said: humanity is not ready for this!!! or something like that
: but that might me an urban legand!!!

Ehhm , this is complicated!

#8    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

the story goes, that on one of his diving trips he encountered something really strange.
Somethign so strange that people said he said: humanity is not ready for this!!! or something like that

Merde

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#9    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

I find the whole "Humanity is not ready for this" thing to be a convenient cop-out. People toss it around all the time, like the Popes prophecies, UFO cover-ups, even Kennedy assassination conspiracy buffs. It's just too convenient. Besides, who the hell is Jaques Cousteu to decide what humanity is and isn't ready for? Silly.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#10    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

There's nothing in Lake Michigan.....

Ok, so I'm lieing. There's water and fish original.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#11    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:23 PM

This same thing about Cousteau was on an earlier Crypto thread, but I don't think anybody then knew what it was either.

#12    BigDaddy_GFS

BigDaddy_GFS

Psychic Spy

• 1,063 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

Jacques Cousteau was my childhood hero.  Though I'm certain he discovered many new species of marine life, I don't have a listing of them.  And I'm unaware of any Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan trips.

The Antarctic, the Amazon, the Nile, the Adriatic, the Aegean....oh, yeah. He circled the globe.  I don't know what he'd be doing in Michigan. blink.gif

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS, 13 December 2006 - 12:31 AM.

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. "
--Robert Frost

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson

#13    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

I don't know what he'd be doing in Michigan.

He never was in Michigan

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#14    the14u2cee

the14u2cee

Psychic Spy

• 1,458 posts

• I Believe....

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:02 AM

blink.gif   This is what i found...
TAHOE TESSIE

Lake Tahoe is a 22-mile long, freshwater body wedged between the California-Nevada border. With a width of 12-miles, and an astounding depth of 1,645-feet, Lake Tahoe would seem to be a perfect environment in which to conceal a large, aquatic animal. So, naturally, there have been numerous reports a colossal creature lurking beneath the surface of the lake... a creature which the locals have dubbed "Tessie".

The animal in question has been described by eyewitnesses as being over 60-feet long, with an undulating, serpentine body, dark skin, and reptilian features. While most witnesses maintain that this description is accurate, there have been other accounts which have likened the beast to a fish, claiming that Tessie resembled a gigantic sturgeon.

Legends of this creature first began to surface in the mid-1800's, when members of the Washoe and Paiute Indian tribes began to tell the white settlers about the "monster" dwelling in the depths of the Tahoe basin. As fascinating as those original testimonies may be, the most intriguing account surrounding this mystery-beast did not occur until the mid-1970's, when the renowned, French oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau, lead an expedition to explore the depths of lake Tahoe. While submerged Cousteau reportedly encountered something so terrifying that he refused to reveal what it was to the public. Sources credit Cousteau as saying, quote:

"The world wasn't ready for what was down there!"

To make matters worse, Cousteau never released any of his data - nor a single foot of film - regarding what may be the most incredible freshwater event ever encountered by a known expert on marine biology. There have also been reports of an amateur video, which is said to reveal the creature swimming in the lake, but as of yet these accounts have not been verified

#15    ALNA70

ALNA70

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:58 AM

The famous oceanologist has made a strange experiment in 1986. Not far from
Djibouti, near the El-Kharab detroit, in the Koubé area, Cousteau and his crew
immerged a shark cage containing the body of a camel. When they haul it, the
cage was totally crushed. According to unverified rumours, Cousteau has made a
film of the creature but it was of bad quality and humanity was not ready to
assimilate the discovery

SOURCE

It's not the quantity of your post's, but the quality of your post's!!

National MS Society

I am sick of seeing [sic].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users