Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How's about Werewolves?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:30 PM

Do werewolves exist ?????? Hmmmmm let me just think about that one.erm no. No living animal can miraculously change into another species.
There is however a medical condition called zoanthropic paranoia, sufferers of this believe themselves to be animals and will attempt to drink blood and eat raw flesh, but his does not make them werewolves.....merely very sick people.

TFM, I apologise to you again for being harsh with my reply ( I'm not a nasty person honestly ) but perhaps this subject would be more at home in the cryptozoology forum

Well Thistle my friend, i take no such offence in your opinion,but if you would kindly look to the opening post it clearly states that i think they MAY exist,i didnt say they do.Ever read the Night World series Bright Eyes?they are ok,but have a lot of stuff on werewolves and vamps,witches and shapeshifters.I do not think you are mean thistle,if a little sarcastic.that's the way the cookie crumble's i guess....

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#32    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:56 PM

No Adam, I haven't read the Night World series, who are they by?

My fave series of books are by Laurell K Hamilton, the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novels where she has created a whole new world where werewolves and other shape-shifters, vampires, and witches coexist together. Anita Blake is also a necromancer and raiser of zombies, they're ace.

#33    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:39 PM

I cant remember who they are by but i'll find out.I need to buy me sum of these books you speak of they sound really good.

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#34    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:15 AM

And shouldn't this thread be in the cryptozoology and legends section, too?

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#35    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 14 November 2003 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (saxcatz @ Nov 3 2003, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Kryso @ Oct 31 2003, 04:21 PM)
But I do feel sorry for the chap (and from the picture you can defiantly tell its a man, think it's because of the socks!)

I DO hope you're kidding...
You mean, the male genetalia wasn't a dead give-away??? laugh.gif

Yes it was a little joke... I didnít want to state the obvious, by saying you can tell heís a man, by the extra piece of limp flesh he has between his pelvis! blink.gif  

#36    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:02 PM

Cuffy how about you shut your whining ass up,im new here,i dont know everything about the forum's.so cut me some slack.ill be more careful in future. po.gif  

Posted Image

#37    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (thefirstman @ Nov 14 2003, 04:02 PM)
Cuffy how about you shut your whining ass up,im new here,i dont know everything about the forum's.so cut me some slack.ill be more careful in future. po.gif

Woah.......TFM, U really aint gonna make any friends here with that attitude !!!! Cuffy merely made a valid point with no malice intended.  Please don't start a fight where there is no need.

rolleyes.gif  

#38    kreestar

kreestar

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:23 AM

I don't really believe in werewolves. I think that there might be a few people who have some disease that makes them act or look a certain way. But not with the full moon and all. thumbsup.gif  

Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.

#39    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (thefirstman @ Nov 14 2003, 04:02 PM)

Whining ass?

Listen, I was talking to the moderators.

Try thinking before you open your whining mouth in future.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#40    vamp0524

vamp0524

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• "Ok, the entire world sucks because some dead ditz made a wish? I just want to be clear"

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:09 AM

[QUOTE] where werewolves and other shape-shifters, vampires, and witches coexist together

mmmmm. I don't think vampires are shape-shifters... I mean, they're actually the same as when they were alive, except they've got bigger fangs... and um... ya, they're dead...

So what about those werewolves? I'm living in England and keep asking my hubby to go camping, but he keeps reminding me as I'm American, that An American were wolf in London.   wacko.gif  

#41    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:59 PM

I also find it hard to believe that any wild animal would kill a person, and eat only a leg...or, more to the point, drag a cow up a tree only to leave it there; in order to stay alive, whatever energy an animal recieves from its food must be higher than that it expends to eat. Dragging a cow up a tree for no apparant reason is not an efficient way of keeping energy

don't various Big Cats drag carcasses up into trees to stop scavengers from getting at them?

#42    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:10 PM

Yes, yes they do....but they go on eat them tongue.gif They don't just leave them there. Even if they return over the course of a few days, they'll still at least eat most of the kill in one sitting, to make up for the energy used in the chase and the climb.

They're also not in the habit of dragging anything as large as a cow up a tree either. Trying to pull something bigger and heavier than you are up a tree would make eating the food an absolute waste.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#43    shirini

shirini

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:02 PM

You people want to here something weird; my husband's family crest has the head of Rana Silvia on it.  Rana Silvia, is the thought to be the creature that gave birth to Rome and Romulus, she has been drawn as a women and as a wolf.  Other strange this are around the full moon, he gruels in his sleep, sleeps with his eyes open and oh yeah his beautiful honey colored eyes glow blood red.  

#44    VENKMAN

VENKMAN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Phil: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. (Groundhog Day)

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:59 PM

Have you ever heard the song about the Michigan Dogman?  I think it is a country song and I have heard several stories from my friends, but have never heard the song or found any information on the Internet about it.  Apparently, it is a farmer's legend that every 7 years a beast terrorizes local farmers.  I've heard a few stories of those that thought it happened to them.  This is kind of werewolf-like.  Just wanted to get some of your opinions.

Life's too short to debate everything, therefore I am always right.

#45    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:51 PM

I thought Romulus and Remus had a normal human mother but were then lost in the woods and raised by a wild wolf? I didn't think it had anything to do with a supernatural creature  huh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users