Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Mysterious Wall in Texas

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

source

Rockwall, Texas is a mysterious and fascinating city. The town name was chosen after the discovery in 1851 of a stone wall that lay beneath the surface of the proposed town site. This rock wall is a rectangular structure approximately 3.5 miles wide by 5.6 miles long and encompasses almost 20 square miles. It is currently being excavated to determine whether it is part of an ancient city or is a natural process unlike anything in the United States. One stone weighing nearly two tons was unearthed and amazingly had pictographs inscribed on it.

Next, let us consider Rockwall, Texas, a small town named for a strange wall, mostly buried, that exists in the area. We have had inquiries about this structure but have little in the way of substantial data. Just arrived is a facetious newspaper item that relates how, some 50 years ago, R.F. Canup excavated part of this wall. He dug 8 feet down and eventually unearthed about 100 feet of the wall. That was enough to convince him that it was the masonry wall of an ancient city. Geologists, on the other hand, ridicule this idea, saying it is only a natural rock formation.

(Streater, Don; "Geologists Burst Rockwall's Bubble," Beaumont Enterprise, September 8, 1986. Cr. S. Parker via L. Farish.)

Comment. What we really need are some authoritative geological and archeological reports. Have any professionals ever visited the site? It seems incredible that Canup could have mistaken a natural rock wall for an artificial one!

Very hard to find any information about this.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#2    MVxK

MVxK

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, read about about this a while ago, unfortunately can't remember where - it was debunked though, a team of archeologists did a study and said it was completely natural formations - it didn't even LOOK like a manmade wall.

It might have been on the Graham handcock website. I'll try and remember where it was!

Edited by MVxK, 12 December 2006 - 04:21 PM.

#3    Bearly

Bearly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• And He who made kittens, put snakes in the grass, He's a lover of Life, but a player of pawns...

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

source

Rockwall, Texas is a mysterious and fascinating city. The town name was chosen after the discovery in 1851 of a stone wall that lay beneath the surface of the proposed town site. This rock wall is a rectangular structure approximately 3.5 miles wide by 5.6 miles long and encompasses almost 20 square miles. It is currently being excavated to determine whether it is part of an ancient city or is a natural process unlike anything in the United States. One stone weighing nearly two tons was unearthed and amazingly had pictographs inscribed on it.

Next, let us consider Rockwall, Texas, a small town named for a strange wall, mostly buried, that exists in the area. We have had inquiries about this structure but have little in the way of substantial data. Just arrived is a facetious newspaper item that relates how, some 50 years ago, R.F. Canup excavated part of this wall. He dug 8 feet down and eventually unearthed about 100 feet of the wall. That was enough to convince him that it was the masonry wall of an ancient city. Geologists, on the other hand, ridicule this idea, saying it is only a natural rock formation.

(Streater, Don; "Geologists Burst Rockwall's Bubble," Beaumont Enterprise, September 8, 1986. Cr. S. Parker via L. Farish.)

Comment. What we really need are some authoritative geological and archeological reports. Have any professionals ever visited the site? It seems incredible that Canup could have mistaken a natural rock wall for an artificial one!

Sounds interesting.  Never heard of it before.  The fact that it has pictographs on it should make it interesting to archeologists, even if it turns out to just be a natural formation.  It should be studied.

#4    Bearly

Bearly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• And He who made kittens, put snakes in the grass, He's a lover of Life, but a player of pawns...

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

[quote name='Aztec Warrior' post='1459271' date='Dec 12 2006, 04:08 PM']source

Double post, sorry. mellow.gif

Edited by Bearly, 13 December 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#5    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

Some info and pictures here.....complete with pictographs

http://s8int.com/page22.html

Edited by Bogeyman, 12 December 2006 - 04:38 PM.

#6    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, read about about this a while ago, unfortunately can't remember where - it was debunked though, a team of archeologists did a study and said it was completely natural formations - it didn't even LOOK like a manmade wall.

It might have been on the Graham handcock website. I'll try and remember where it was!

The geological report I sited, but unfortunately have not read, seems to indicate the formation is natural.  But are their pictographs on the stones?  Some photos or an updated report would be cool.

I'm dying again

#7    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

• 3,339 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:51 PM

Nice find Bogey.  Although some of the photos seem to be artist rendered, the one with the writing is very interesting.

Still, the most recent reports are decades old, except for some guy that went looking last Feb and couldn't find anything.

I'm dying again

#8    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

source

source I would like to read this if I could.

Posted Image

#9    Shaftsbury

Shaftsbury

Transitional Fossil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

An interesting topic original.gif

It sure would be nice to get at the truth here, there seem to be different versions of the wall as show in the photos. Both of those images look like a natural cliff face when compared to the wall in this photo:

http://www.pbase.com/texasone/image/38947748

However, because the wall has obviously been reworded it's anbody's guess what it looked like in-situ.

"He hath need of his wits who wanders wide,
aught simple will serve at home;
but a gazing-stock is the fool who sits
mid the wise, and nothing knows."

from the Elder or Poetic Edda

The Isles of Aledeon - Roleplay World

#10    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

On the ooparts site (exact name escapes me now) there is a picture of metal rings in the wall.

Posted Image

#11    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

I dont know. It seems naturally made to me. Wonder where those two rings came from though.

#12    darkbreed

darkbreed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

Interesting indeed, havnt heard about this one before even though I've been browsing around at s8int.com alot original.gif
Thanks for the find!

www.PleiadianTalk.tk/ - Perspectives from a member of the Great White Brotherhood
American Atlantis Research - Documenting pre-colombian world migration and Atlantis-America
Increase your astral proection skills - Here at Unexplained Mysteries Forums!

#13    RachelM

RachelM

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• I run with scissors.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:46 PM

Here's another link with pics.

Link

And another

Posted Image

#14    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

If it is a gigantic wall, I wonder what it was meant to keep out.

Posted Image

#15    contactismade

contactismade

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

Interesting some pictures seem like its natural, and some look man made.  Its hard to make a good decision here without more examples of pictures and the study done on the formation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users