Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Born in the Wrong Time Period

Joke_Master_Mandy

Alright, this is probably going to sound kinda stupid, but I very stronly feel like I was born in the wrong time period. Like I should have been born in a time like the late 1800's or early 1900's. I just don't feel like I belong in 2006. My friends all say that it's stupid to want to be born back then, because all women could do was cook and clean and all that junk, but I really don't mind living a simple life like that. Is it possible that people can be born in the wrong time period? Anybody else feel like this?

• Like 5

Alright, this is probably going to sound kinda stupid, but I very stronly feel like I was born in the wrong time period. Like I should have been born in a time like the late 1800's or early 1900's. I just don't feel like I belong in 2006. My friends all say that it's stupid to want to be born back then, because all women could do was cook and clean and all that junk, but I really don't mind living a simple life like that. Is it possible that people can be born in the wrong time period? Anybody else feel like this?

Ya, I think I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like I should have been born in Japan during the late 1800's, other times I feel like I should have been born on a space colony 100 or so years in the future. I guess it's just wanting what we can't have. It's totally understandable though, especially if you don't like the place/time period you live in now all that much (aka: America+Now=PLEASE take me away hehe)

Edited by Freer

The past is always portrayed as being better than it was.

It was a hellscape and we are lucky we do not live like that now.

• Like 1

It's common to feel like that. Some will say it's because we romance the past because of how it's portrayed... some will also say it's because our soul had lived back then, and is having a hard time leaving the desire to stay in that time period.

Personaly... I feel a jumble. Sometimes I feel like I should have lived in the 60's... sometimes the 1700's... even sometimes back as far as pre christian ireland.

Oy...

Just my luck, to be born in pretty much the only period in time where I can't have my own slave. <_<

But it'd be cool to be a Greek, or even Roman.

I like being clean and not smelling so the 1800's or before would not really work for me(also dying from lack of good medicine would suck too). I would have loved to be in ancient Egypt but only as royalty. Truthfully I wish I had been born around 2100.Right now we are starting to see amazing advances in technology(really for awhile now). Imagine 100 years from now and I would still smell good.

Just my luck, to be born in pretty much the only period in time where I can't have my own slave. <_<

But it'd be cool to be a Greek, or even Roman.

Actually you can still have a slave *coughs* X)

Actually you can still have a slave *coughs* X)

Mmm maybe, but I'm thinking about without getting 30 years imprisonment for people trafficking and death due to neglegence.

Although Willy Wonka did manage to enslave an entire race...

Personaly... I feel a jumble. Sometimes I feel like I should have lived in the 60's... sometimes the 1700's... even sometimes back as far as pre christian ireland.

I thought that it was only me who felt that lol I was unsure about replying to this topic until I read that, thank you :)

With me it tends to come in phases, I'll go for quite a few years feeling an affinity to a particular era.

All things are possible with enough chocolate. :yes:

Mmm maybe, but I'm thinking about without getting 30 years imprisonment for people trafficking and death due to neglegence.

Well.. I ment the sex slave.. sub/master type thing. THough you don't fully "own" the sub.. but if you could find someone willing to be one.. XD

Well.. I ment the sex slave.. sub/master type thing. THough you don't fully "own" the sub.. but if you could find someone willing to be one.. XD

Yeah, I know. I tried to dodge around that. The whole idea kinda creeps me out, lmao.

:unsure:

Edited by Raptor X7

Yeah I know we romance it a lot, I watch a lot of old movies. And I know we have a lot more medicine now than we did back then, but I just don't like the way the world is now, just turn on any news channel and look what you see: Terrorists blowing up people, drug addicts running amock, our country being taken over by like 5 different countries. The 1800's had it's share of problems, but it wasn't a madhouse like it is today. If I could be born anytime, anywhere I wanted, it would have to be Victorian era England, like I said, whenever I read books or watch movies that happened in that time period, or when I studied it in history class, I just get this strong feeling like I belong there, not here. Life was just a lot simpler back then, and that's what I really want.

PS: I would still shower! ;)

Edited by Joke_Master_Mandy

Yeah, I know. I tried to dodge around that. The whole idea kinda creeps me out, lmao.

:unsure:

Says the one who wants a slave!! XD

I feel so...unclean.

*leaves thread* :no:

It's so rewarding being evil. X)

I belong somewhere the dark ages or Midevil times. I don't remember what time period. And I'm very obsessed with the height. I want to be taller & probably know why though. I was taller during my lifetime.

• Like 1

I'm glad to be living now. I've seen many amazing things and am likely to see many more.

I've been here for when man first set foot on the Moon. I saw the Berlin wall crumble. I saw Nelson Mandela sweep apartheid from South Africa. I've seen Mars displayed in such detail as we couldn't imagine. I saw the start of a new millennium (well, if you follow the Christian calendar) and global celebrations of such.

Yes there have been terrible things as well, we still have ignorance and intolerance displayed in many ways, but I can see us finally starting to realise we have a natural place on the planet and that we have to act responsibly towards that.

I also hope we can realise in the very near future, our dream of not being constricted to this planet alone. With all we know now it is, as much as the Renaissance was, a time for dreamers and imagination.

the thing i dream about the moast is ether being in ancient egypt or in the future when i can go to work 10,000 light years away and be home for dinner lol lol :)

Have to agree with Bella angelique and Leonardo. Now is the best of all possible times to live (with the possible/probable exception of the future which will be even better) I don't know if it is being an historian, a very wide reader, or being brought up partly by a grandmother who was born before the invention of anaesthetics, electricity or antibiotics, but I have always been very grateful to live in a world where; not only am i always warm and well fed, but i can have a tooth pulled without pain, travel any where in the world in a day or two, have access to unlimited information and entertainment almost instantly( well i could have if we could get a decent broadband in our area) and don't have to worry about kids dying of polio, diptheria or whooping cough. And yes i appreciate i am very lucky to live in my part of the world (Flown to the capital and given a successful triple-by pass could not happen in many countries, let alone a wonderful standard of living. )But all round the world over-all conditions have improved from the days when no one could travel more than a days walk from their village, most people were illiterate, infected with diseases and parasites, had a life expectancy of 30 -40 and, if they were women, a more than 50% chance of dying in childbirth during any one of 10-20 pregnacies during this short life. I can see in the decade or two left to me, a country which operates largely on renewable energy sources, (including motor vehicles) Nano technology and the results of genome research eliminating most lifestyle and the remaining viral/infectious diseases, and most cancers. (A couple of Australians recently "found" a vaccine for cervical cancer). I will be able to travel the world in 24 hours for a couple of weeks pay, and all that information/entertainment, plus communication will be instantly accessible via a small headpiece or even an "implanted" device. I will know exactly where i am and how to get any where i choose via a similar miniaturise gps tracking system. I am really looking forward to my next reincarnation. The egyptian papyrus masher and the victorian chamber maid really sucked and most of the others weren't that great.

On the other hand, being a deckie on a light-sail ship probably won't be as romantic as i have visualised it, either. I sure hope those damned force fields hold at full strength

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1