Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Born in the Wrong Time Period

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#106    3rd rock resident alien

3rd rock resident alien

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:22 AM

Been in different time period. Still feels the horror in that period.

The  Holy Council of the Conscious Gods
God in Real time. Almighty Supernatural Mega Spiritual Life Giver
In the absence of your god, Almighty Sun will always be with you.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. How I Wonder What You Are.

#107    000000000000000

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Wow I know exactly what you mean. I'd be much more comfortable as a simple Roman soldier, a citizen hoplite in some greek city state, or a warrior of some tribe in Gaul. I feel the whole modern warfare with guns and missiles is a tad unfair. I just feel I would enjoy myself so much more if I lived in the Classical era.

#108    Somethingwicked

Somethingwicked

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Your not alone there i often feel as tho i should have been born during Roman times been part of the Roman legion or during medieval times in Scotland with my clansmen .

#109    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

Take away my breath

• 8,287 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

What about wrong lifestyle? I've felt both ways actually but it's something you have to deal with.

#110    designer

designer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• I believe.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

yes, I feel more so as I get older. I think I would have fit better in a hunter gather society. Where each day your "work" was to find what you needed to survive that day. I spend 9hrs a day at work and come home feeling I've done nothing meaningful.

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#111    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

I don't think you understand the implications of living so long ago, poor medicine, poor sewerage systems, hard to get food. It wasn't simple at all.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#112    schmidty2009

schmidty2009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well, I know this posting is 6 years old, but I figured I'd add to it anyway. I totally know how you feel. Ever since I was a kid, I've had a strange longing to have lived through the 50's and 60's. So I suppose I feel as though I should have been born in the 40's, or even the 50's, maybe one of the post war babies. I just feel out of place today, and while I appreciate what wonderful things we have, and how far we've come, on a social level I think we've declined. Politically I think we've declined. Granted every era has its flaws, the US was on a high after the war that I'd wish to experience.

#113    AngelEmbrace

AngelEmbrace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• no matter what life throws at you keep your head held high and believe in yourself and learn to love yourself.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ok I'v read all these. and I must say that i totally understand where most are comming from. and ill try to explain why here. my main reason for making a note here is that I myself know for a fact that i was not meant for this time! But i also know why! never mind the " just knowing feeling" since childhood. and the just not feeling right in this time stuff, which again i do get.

I know some think its nuts... but well here gose - the soul travels many lifes to learn the lessons it must and often in these lives we remember / yearn / fear & even dream, of things that have past. even to the extent that some people find things that happened in a past life can be affecting them in their present life.

i have found this myself and in many people that come to me.

I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist with nearly 25 years experience, and i specialize in past life regression. from my own experiences i do feel like i would be so much happier in a past time, i feel almost at a loss sometimes and even get a strong urge to to go where i know i feel i should be, But i dont "why" because in a way i know it will have changed and not be the same as what my soul misses.... although i do know that some day i will go just not ready to i suppose...

anyway sorry if what i have put seems a tad odd to some but there you go :yes:

Love & Light

Angel Embrace x

#114    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,882 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

i also think i was born in the wrong time. i should have lived in the 20's and 30's

#115    Trakkia

Trakkia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• "There are two steps to a journey, setting off and getting there; so just take a step and you're halfway there."
    -Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

While living in the middle ages seems cool to so many people, most people don't realise they'd be dead before they'd need miracle creams, why else do you think the cosmetics business sucked back then?

Other than that, swinging a hammer on chains to fend off a bandit sounds pretty cool, except its unlikely to happen.

"A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say, so if it is; then here are a thousand and thirty two words to convince you of whatever I need to,"
Now, if you will, imagine a subject appropriate image here...

#116    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,026 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yes, the age of religion.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#117    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I was definently born in the wrong time period !!

#118    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Perhaps our souls have lived many lifetimes.  In which case, I would like to remember living in another lifetime.  Then I would tell you whether I want to go back.

#119    Princess Tumbleweed

Princess Tumbleweed

Poltergeist

• 2,362 posts

• "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained" Mark Twain

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oh.... mine would be a beautiful tropical island 300 years ago.

The Mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users