Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Born in the Wrong Time Period

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76    rx-7girl

rx-7girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

Ug, I feel like this all the damn time. I just feel like I should have been around the turn of the century, like 1900-1940's. I just want to grow my own food, raise my own meat, but I still like modern conveniences. I have a garden out back that provides some food but not as much as my space allows, I am starting to buy beef and bison from local farmers, and I stay away from anything processed in favor of making it myself. My friends look at me like I have a third eye most of the time for stuff that I do. You guys make me feel less weird.

#77    wvgirl1979

wvgirl1979

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Possibly memories from previous past lives? I've often felt quite out-of-place and felt like I belonged somewhere else. I once woke up and was confused and disoriented by my room - not understanding where I was, though I had lived there for 4 years. I kept feeling like home was far away and I'd soon wake up and be there again. Quite a few Decembers ago I even had an extremely vivid dream of being in a house which I just knew was in Poland. I was a child, wearing a nightgown, coming down a large, curved staircase in front of a fireplace with a large Christmas tree in front of it. Other people were there, mostly kids (about 4-5 of them) who I knew were my brothers and sisters and a man I knew was my father, none of whom noticed my presence. When I woke up, I missed it so much I cried. I can still see it clearly and still miss them, even though I never interacted with them. I've briefly thought about it possibly being a memory. I still feel like I belong there.

#78    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:47 AM

Ug, I feel like this all the damn time. I just feel like I should have been around the turn of the century, like 1900-1940's. I just want to grow my own food, raise my own meat, but I still like modern conveniences. I have a garden out back that provides some food but not as much as my space allows, I am starting to buy beef and bison from local farmers, and I stay away from anything processed in favor of making it myself. My friends look at me like I have a third eye most of the time for stuff that I do. You guys make me feel less weird.

Thanks, I think? laugh.gif

#79    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,734 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

As mess up as I am it would have been nice to have been born some time in the future when they have cured this darn illness I have.  Back in time and if I was healthy I think the Neolithic time might be nice.

Edited by Darkwind, 01 March 2007 - 02:08 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#80    Bebi

Bebi

Psychotic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

• It is those who are perfectly sane who are driven the maddest by an insane world

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

I've often felt quite out-of-place and felt like I belonged somewhere else. I once woke up and was confused and disoriented by my room - not understanding where I was, though I had lived there for 4 years. I kept feeling like home was far away and I'd soon wake up and be there again.

I get that too.  Wherever I've lived I've always felt as though I'm not supposed to be living there, and that I should be somewhere else, but I don't know where.  It's really unsettling sometimes.

Searching for more truth, you learn more about what you didn't know, and realize there is so much more you don't know.   Celumnaz, Dec 2005

A typo is not just for Christmas...  It's for file

#81    msadventures

msadventures

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

I get that too.  Wherever I've lived I've always felt as though I'm not supposed to be living there, and that I should be somewhere else, but I don't know where.  It's really unsettling sometimes.

Me also. Though I wonder why so many people see the past as the situation they belong in? The past was once the present. Some of the people replying in this thread have wished for being born in decades I've lived through, which didn't seem especially wonderful when they were the present.

#82    justcallmefox

justcallmefox

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• The Truth Is Out There....

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

Due to an illness I have, i'm happy to be in a time period where they have more civilized ways of dealing with it, but i've always liked the days when you grew your own food, made your own clothes, and lived in a small town. Maybe sometime in the 1800s.
I've always liked the clothes from Medieval times, too.

Government is a terrible servant and a dangerous master.
     - Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Mr. Fahrenheit did my avatar
Thank you, sir

#83    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Queen E L S A

• 8,349 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

I think I should be where everyone was nice. To each other & wasn't so mean & rude. Heck, I'm nice to mean people. Or it could be how I was raised. O_o;

QUOTE(rx-7girl)
You guys make me feel less weird.

Your welcome. And don't worry about it. ^^; You'll get used to it.

#84    msadventures

msadventures

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

I think I should be where everyone was nice. To each other & wasn't so mean & rude. Heck, I'm nice to mean people. Or it could be how I was raised. O_o;

You guys make me feel less weird.

Your welcome. And don't worry about it. ^^; You'll get used to it.

I agree, people make the difference, that's how I feel about where I should be. I think it's probably not upbringing. So many people get good upbringings that fail to make them good natured. While others get negative upbringings yet still turn out nicer than their peers.

Due to an illness I have, i'm happy to be in a time period where they have more civilized ways of dealing with it, but i've always liked the days when you grew your own food, made your own clothes, and lived in a small town. Maybe sometime in the 1800s.
I've always liked the clothes from Medieval times, too.

In theory, you could do those things now. Even medieval clothing, organizations like the SCA enjoy themselves that way.

#85    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Queen E L S A

• 8,349 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

I agree, people make the difference, that's how I feel about where I should be. I think it's probably not upbringing. So many people get good upbringings that fail to make them good natured. While others get negative upbringings yet still turn out nicer than their peers.

Thanks. Plus, I've always been "nice" to people. I've met in my past lives. Guess it's a trait in me. happy.gif

#86    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

Me also. Though I wonder why so many people see the past as the situation they belong in? The past was once the present. Some of the people replying in this thread have wished for being born in decades I've lived through, which didn't seem especially wonderful when they were the present.

One of the weird things about getting older is that history records decades that you lived through in a way that's drastically different from your memories.  Sometimes I wonder why various decades are remembered the way that they are.  

I'm happy to be living now, with the advantages of modern medicine.  Sometimes I think I would have enjoyed being a sailor back in the 18th century (if I'd been a guy and in great health).  It would combine travelling with living communally.

#87    cutycub

cutycub

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

Hahaha, lucky me. I've always felt that I was born at the RIGHT time. I loveee our time period right now! xD

#88    cutycub

cutycub

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:24 AM

Possibly memories from previous past lives? I've often felt quite out-of-place and felt like I belonged somewhere else. I once woke up and was confused and disoriented by my room - not understanding where I was, though I had lived there for 4 years. I kept feeling like home was far away and I'd soon wake up and be there again. Quite a few Decembers ago I even had an extremely vivid dream of being in a house which I just knew was in Poland. I was a child, wearing a nightgown, coming down a large, curved staircase in front of a fireplace with a large Christmas tree in front of it. Other people were there, mostly kids (about 4-5 of them) who I knew were my brothers and sisters and a man I knew was my father, none of whom noticed my presence. When I woke up, I missed it so much I cried. I can still see it clearly and still miss them, even though I never interacted with them. I've briefly thought about it possibly being a memory. I still feel like I belong there.

Do you guys think it's possible it's because of your past lives? May be wvgirl1979 was that child she had a dream about in one of her past lives...

#89    Thozzman

Thozzman

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:40 AM

I always felt (for certain), that I was supposed to be born at a different time but somehow a mistake was made and I was born too late.
I've had an extremely strong attachment to the early 20th century, around 1905-1935. I hate living in the 21st century, it's just not for me.

To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond.
Hypatia

#90    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Queen E L S A

• 8,349 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

I always felt (for certain), that I was supposed to be born at a different time but somehow a mistake was made and I was born too late.
I've had an extremely strong attachment to the early 20th century, around 1905-1935. I hate living in the 21st century, it's just not for me.

Same here. But I love the tech that this century has to give. ^^;;

Edit: Also. I'm very lady-like. I like things that are for girls & some things for boys. And half the time I want to wear big puff dresses. That they used to wear in the middle ages.

Edited by MoonPrincess, 03 March 2007 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users