Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hearing Music

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

Believe it or not this is the only true 100% reliable means of testing insanity. Congratulations! You pass!!

Whew!  Thanks Falco; I thought I wasn't going to pass for a minute there. unsure.gif  grin2.gif

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis

#17    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:57 AM

Two questions. Why are you in the middle of the woods at night, and just who is past experiences? Seriously, any answer is possible. While the hypnogogig? hallucinations sounds most likely (they have been discussed in detail in other threads and there are web sites giving  explanations) you need to investigate your personal experience as thoroughly as possible through research, talking about it. Recall it as accurately as possible, and write down the details as soon as you can, so they are not affected/altered by time/perception. I nave never experienced this phenomenum, but then again, due to constant screaming tinnitus, I can barely hear, let alone appreciate, "real" music. My assumption is you have eliminated, through investigation/deduction, all possible real sources of the music.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#18    WereScrib

WereScrib

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• "Then the bowsprit got mixed with the rudder sometimes."
    The Hunting of the Snark

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:55 AM

...Why shouldn't this human be in the woods in the middle of the night? I like the woods, and I often camp, or simply sleep in them with some friends. Cougars don't attack multiple people, they're cowards. Bears don't attack sleepers often, unless they have reason. Gray wolves are not anthrovores. *doubts that's a word, although it's an accurate one* Then there's coyotes, racoons, bobcats and lynx. Not agressive, or brave.

However, onto the real issue here... Music from nowhere, if it's in your mind.. That's constant with me. For instance, this morning I woke up with the song which's name I think is "Clippety Clop" from The Marx Brothers Go West stuck in my head.

However, physical music as if from nowhere isn't completely unexplainable, especially at night. You'd be amazed how sound travels at night. For instance I was outside with some friends, and we heard Rock being played, drifting across the puget sound. That's miles away. It's not unheard of for a gunshot in the depths of night to be heard for miles and miles around here. Simply, at night sound is diminished to an incredible level. Ambient noises cease in forested regions. However, if you're in an area with lots of crickets or frogs... This is much less of a possibility. However if it was a still and silent night... The music could have been drifting from a party a city away.

"Alien scavengers, identify selfs or face quick obliteration by awesome Squib weaponry, you bet."
--Squib comm officer on the Thrifty

#19    Bebi

Bebi

Psychotic Spy

• 1,738 posts

• It is those who are perfectly sane who are driven the maddest by an insane world

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

However, onto the real issue here... Music from nowhere, if it's in your mind.. That's constant with me. For instance, this morning I woke up with the song which's name I think is "Clippety Clop" from The Marx Brothers Go West stuck in my head.

Don't you just hate that?  I woke up with Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On firmly implanted the other day, it drove me nuts

Back on topic...

Great post Werescrib, very valid points

Searching for more truth, you learn more about what you didn't know, and realize there is so much more you don't know.   Celumnaz, Dec 2005

A typo is not just for Christmas...  It's for file

#20    foxmulder27

foxmulder27

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

• If the truth is out there, bring it on.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

...Why shouldn't this human be in the woods in the middle of the night? I like the woods, and I often camp, or simply sleep in them with some friends. Cougars don't attack multiple people, they're cowards. Bears don't attack sleepers often, unless they have reason. Gray wolves are not anthrovores. *doubts that's a word, although it's an accurate one* Then there's coyotes, racoons, bobcats and lynx. Not agressive, or brave.

I think that it's so funny how people go off topic.
But anyways, I have, in fact, heard music going to sleep.

I want to believe-Fox Mulder

The edge of tomorrow is not a steep cliff nor a blank wall. But rather the dreams of yesterday and the actions of today.--Charles K. Steele

#21    les b

les b

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

I've had experiences in the past where I would hear faint music (all different kinds of music) mostly at night while it is really quiet or sometimes when I'd tried to fall asleep. I don't have braces or anything metal inside of me and I am 100% sure there was no source for the music possibly to be coming from. Like I said, I'm mostly in the middle of the wood or in my bed with past experiences. I was just wondering if anyone else had these experiences and if anyone knows the cause of the phenonema.

Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and all others always heard music in their mind. They all knew how to write it down. Learn to write music.

#22    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• 1,716 posts

• We happy few, we band of brothers/
    For he that sheds his blood with me this day/
    Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

Two questions. Why are you in the middle of the woods at night, and just who is past experiences? Seriously, any answer is possible. While the hypnogogig? hallucinations sounds most likely (they have been discussed in detail in other threads and there are web sites giving  explanations) you need to investigate your personal experience as thoroughly as possible through research, talking about it. Recall it as accurately as possible, and write down the details as soon as you can, so they are not affected/altered by time/perception. I nave never experienced this phenomenum, but then again, due to constant screaming tinnitus, I can barely hear, let alone appreciate, "real" music. My assumption is you have eliminated, through investigation/deduction, all possible real sources of the music.

Would explain it, I live in a rural area and leave my window wide open at night. I also go camping, thats when my friends and I heard the music.

Get in the Puma!!!

#23    KB8

KB8

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

• KB-81
    1/22/06

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:22 AM

Play that funky music whiteboy yes.gif  clap.gif

Meow

#24    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and all others always heard music in their mind. They all knew how to write it down. Learn to write music.

Well, that's what I wanted to do in my case, but I was so very sleepy that I couldn't even keep one eye open. sleepy.gif  no.gif

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis

#25    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:35 AM

OK, I mentioned this once to someone in another thread that was hearing voices. I had a similar experience, hearing snippets of music or voices, but only in my bedroom when it was stone quiet. As soon as I investigated, I would "lose" the sounds. FINALLY after weeks of this, I recognized a sound. It was a TV commercial jingle! After ever so quietly searching my room for a possible source, I found it! My freakin cable modem! Very faintly, and sporadically, TV shows somehow "leaked" into my cable modem, and by some freak of electronic engineering, my modem, which has no speakers that I am aware of, actually relayed cable TV into my room. I was both relieved and dissapointed.

So, maybe the music you are hearing is TV, radio, etc, being conveyed to some item in you vicinity or even on you! For that matter, it could be some quirk of your body (inner ear) actually picking up radio waves. I've even heard that sound can be conducted to the human ear via the jawbone.

So unless you hear "JOHNNY IS THE DEVIL, EAT BABIES, MUAHAHAHA", or somethin equally freaky, sit back and enjoy the tunes! (If you start hearing Barry Manilow see a priest and a doctor immediately)!

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#26    Bebi

Bebi

Psychotic Spy

• 1,738 posts

• It is those who are perfectly sane who are driven the maddest by an insane world

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:12 AM

OK, I mentioned this once to someone in another thread that was hearing voices. I had a similar experience, hearing snippets of music or voices, but only in my bedroom when it was stone quiet. As soon as I investigated, I would "lose" the sounds. FINALLY after weeks of this, I recognized a sound. It was a TV commercial jingle! After ever so quietly searching my room for a possible source, I found it! My freakin cable modem! Very faintly, and sporadically, TV shows somehow "leaked" into my cable modem, and by some freak of electronic engineering, my modem, which has no speakers that I am aware of, actually relayed cable TV into my room. I was both relieved and dissapointed.

My friend used to have a dishwasher that would pick up radio signals, it was so freaky happy.gif  Also I have a couple of metal fillings that vibrate when I sing certain notes...

Searching for more truth, you learn more about what you didn't know, and realize there is so much more you don't know.   Celumnaz, Dec 2005

A typo is not just for Christmas...  It's for file

#27    jedi_yarael_poof

jedi_yarael_poof

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:08 AM

Why can't I have background music?  Well...I do like 'Don't Fear the Reaper', but...maybe I'd just dance to it before realizing it. Or maybe I don't want background music at all.

#28    rachelkleypassparrow

rachelkleypassparrow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• 'Be yourself; because nobody else can be you and love yourself and others in the process.'

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

I know what you mean. I hear it, but it has an ethereal sound to it. When I hear it, it sounds a bit distant. On one occassion while sitting outside, I heard a choir of angels singing, or at least that was what it sounded like. There was no source as to where the choir was singing from.

The ethereal music I heard just before the onset of this virus I have at the moment. I just enjoy it and don't question it, as it is peaceful and beautiful. I usually hear it before it an onset of an illness.

'WE HAVE JUST ENOUGH RELIGION TO MAKE US HATE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER' Siddur Lev Chadash prayerbook
OUR PARANORMAL WORLD
website email
email if you have anything you would like to submit to the website
upon approval from admin
Posted Image

#29    GoddessWhispers

GoddessWhispers

Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.

• Banned
  • 5,551 posts

• Blasphemy laws should be abolished. It would be a strange God indeed, that required protection by the judicial system.
    ~ Salman Rushdie

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

You are not alone. Since I was a child, always at night when I'm relaxed and yet fully awake in bed, I'll hear what sounds like a radio far in the distance. Sometimes it's talk radio. I can hear different voice conversing , I know it's words but can't make out exactly what is being said. Other times it'll be music, as if it's on the lowest possible volume and still at that long distance.  I even once, during a break from the talk radio "transmission", heard what I can only describe as the jingle of a radio commercial.

It's not tinnitus, because I know what that's suppose to sound like. But maybe what causes tinnitus is what allows one to hear transmissions of a different variety, from elsewhere.  No clue, but I once asked a Naturopathic physician about the symptoms and she looked at me, while I could almost see wheels churning behind her forehead as she, a fairly new graduate from the training, thought; damn, I must have missed the class about this stuff.  geek.gif  laugh.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Posted Image
"(Oh Lord)If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalm 139:8

#30    mrhamblee

mrhamblee

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

You should be glad your hearing music and not voices...i used to be plagued by voices, i know now that they were hallucinations, only once did i hear music in my head, it was beautiful, i cant for the life of me remember it. maybe our brains are still forming connections and its quite possible that a connection is made into a musically creative part of the brain and then the connection is lost. perhaps the great musicians simply have the connections that allow them to hear music in their minds. and thats why it appears so simple to them to turn that into reality by recording it or writing it down. if you listen to mozart you can hear all the seperate channels at once, its truly remarkable.

This community has its problems, those of you living in the "RealWorld" i emplore you to help them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users