Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Animals...

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:40 AM

Could someone PM me the link from the original post?  I want to see it.

#32    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,638 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Could someone PM me the link from the original post?  I want to see it.

Are you shure? I is a really disturbing video.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#33    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• 1,638 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

I understand your comapssion. I disagree whole heartily as well. I just wrote that up to be a smartass. It is very sad what they do to such creatures. If we mixed abit of buddhism and hinduism into our everyday life style beliefs(christians take note) then we would treat all creatures humanely with equal respect and humility as we do fellow humans.

Ok then. Sorry fro being so aggressive.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#34    ~Doppleganger~

~Doppleganger~

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:04 AM

Sorry if this Video has shocked lot of people here, but its the reality...And, maybe its a good idea that you had removed the Video, cause, lot of people dont pay attention to the warning...Nex time, I will put the warning in flashy-orange.  Have a nice day!

English is not my native language, so my posts can seem a little bit blurry, sometimes. :)

#35    Opus Magnus

Opus Magnus

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

• blessed be

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:46 AM

Are you shure? I is a really disturbing video.

Yes I'm sure.  I used to watch the Faces of Death videos with my friends when we were 12 years old for fun.

#36    luminousphoenix

luminousphoenix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:41 AM

I think it's horrible what people do to animals.  I even have a hard enough time thinking about the poor animals that were killed so that my family can eat.  

One thing I always wondered about...  everyone talks about the fur industry.  BUT what about all the feather-made products, like dusters and bedding, jackets, etc..   is the feathers used on that from poultry?

#37    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:53 AM

Sorry if this Video has shocked lot of people here, but its the reality...And, maybe its a good idea that you had removed the Video, cause, lot of people dont pay attention to the warning...Nex time, I will put the warning in flashy-orange.  Have a nice day!

No dont be sorry. You did warn people, so people had a democratic choice to take the risk of being shocked. You are right, if it is reality and an injustice then why should it be swept under the carpet? That is like saying that we should deny the holocaust because it might shock people and make them feel uncomfortable to recognize the horrific tortures that the jews and other ethnic groups suffered at the hands of the nazis.

Edited by brave_new_world, 21 December 2006 - 06:55 AM.

Posted Image
The man of science is a poor philosopher.
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#38    rx-7girl

rx-7girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:22 PM

I think I have seen this video before. It haunted me for days. It's like the Koreans (do not quote me on that, it may be them and/or a different culture) that kills dogs for meat but think the meat is more tender if they torture the animals before death. Most people become desensitized to this sort of thing after watching it happen time and time again. I find it sick to think people can do that and think that every creature deserves a humane death before being processed for humane use.

#39    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Do animals vote? Do animals pay taxes? They are just beasts, so who really cares.

It's people like you that are the reason so many animals are abused.

One question that went through my head was why would they skin them alive? It doesn't make things faster or easier. I don't want to start some conspiracy, but have you ever thought that maybe it was the anti-fur people that skinned them alive, and not the fur industry. Why would any company risk its profits by showing someone skinning an animal alive? What better way to try and get people to stop wearing fur than show them that video?

I know I will just get flamed for saying this, but chances are it was anti-fur protesters that made this video, not any fur company.

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#40    ~sYMBIONt~

~sYMBIONt~

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• "People have to follow their hearts, and if their hearts lead them to Wal-Mart, so be it."

-Maynard James Keenan

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

Do animals vote? Do animals pay taxes?

yes humans are animals

#41    clockworkgirl21

clockworkgirl21

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

It's okay to torture something because it doesn't vote or pay taxes? Okay, everyone! Who wants baby and toddler coats? The best looking skin around!

Really. That comment had to be the stupidest thing I have EVER heard.

One question that went through my head was why would they skin them alive? It doesn't make things faster or easier. I don't want to start some conspiracy, but have you ever thought that maybe it was the anti-fur people that skinned them alive, and not the fur industry. Why would any company risk its profits by showing someone skinning an animal alive? What better way to try and get people to stop wearing fur than show them that video?

Probably because they don't want to "waste" money killing the animals before they skin them. I can't really think of a free way to kill something without damaging the fur.  no.gif  Anti-fur people filmed it, not the fur companies.

Edited by clockworkgirl21, 01 January 2007 - 12:27 PM.

One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

www.youthrights.org
We think kids are people too? We must be insane.

#42    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

It's okay to torture something because it doesn't vote or pay taxes? Okay, everyone! Who wants baby and toddler coats? The best looking skin around!

Really. That comment had to be the stupidest thing I have EVER heard.
Probably because they don't want to "waste" money killing the animals before they skin them. I can't really think of a free way to kill something without damaging the fur.  no.gif  Anti-fur people filmed it, not the fur companies.

Yes, but how could the anti-fur protesters actually film them while working. If it was a real company they would probably tell them to get the camera out, no matter who they were. And there is a way to kill an animal without damaging the fur, and that is clubbing. It doesn't waste money, and it would probably make the work easier.

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#43    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Yes, but how could the anti-fur protesters actually film them while working. If it was a real company they would probably tell them to get the camera out, no matter who they were. And there is a way to kill an animal without damaging the fur, and that is clubbing. It doesn't waste money, and it would probably make the work easier.

Because clubbing something to death isn't cruel either right?

But we do eat animals...and I'm going to assume that whole process isn't exactly humane either.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#44    Symbol

Symbol

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

You know the mods might as well lock this topic now that the video has been removed, as new people can't really give much input.

But umm...or maybe not. I think atleast they should wait untill they are dead before skinning them.

Edited by Symbol, 02 January 2007 - 01:15 AM.

#45    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,530 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

I am actually a little surprised at this.  A bolt gun is relatively cheap, re-usable, and much quicker and painless when compared to clubbing.  I can't imagine why the time and effort would be wasted on clubbing when much more efficient methods are available.  It just isn't as profitable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users