Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Megladons

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Do Megs still exist? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Do Megs still exist?

1. Yes, of course they do! (10 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

2. I'm not sure, it's possible I guess... (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

3. somewhat skeptical (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

4. hellz no (i'm just a wuss cuz I don't want such big creatures to live) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. it's scientifically impossible (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    MegFreak

MegFreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Ours is the magick,
    ours is the power

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:08 AM

Dude, I think megladons are still around...anyone agree with me? If you're skeptical, read the book Meg by Steve Alten, it is an amazing book because it is so scientifically correct that it makes it so possible for these amazing creatures to exist...

#2    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:13 AM

Went for the yes option.I believe they're (still) out there.

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#3    MegFreak

MegFreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Ours is the magick,
    ours is the power

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:17 AM

yeah u rock...they really are probably still in the trench...they can't get past  the vents of heat that are in the center of the depths...if they found a way to do so, I think we'd all get eaten, like in Meg!  thumbsup.gif  

#4    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:27 AM

Yup,MegFreak.I just don't think that those whales are the only big-gies out there in the ocean,well at least. original.gif Megalodons could well be the ancestors of those sharks that dwell in oceans one time ago.If the coelacanths could make it til this day,why not the Megs?? thumbsup.gif

Edited by Engulf, 14 November 2003 - 06:28 AM.

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#5    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 14 November 2003 - 06:49 AM

I'm sure its possible they are still around . But I dont think so . If they were , wouldn't we have found a corpse by now somewhere ? ( like with the giant squid ) .

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#6    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 07:22 AM

Not sure, it's possible they are out there. Here is a link, which has some evidence for the existence of Megalodons. LINK  

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#7    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 14 November 2003 - 07:42 AM

We know more about the surface of the moon than we do the oceans of our own planet. In all that open water, miles deep, unobserved, there could be anything, of any size. There could be whole groups of aquatic creatures we have yet discovered? dontgetit.gif  

#8    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:09 AM

I am somewhat skeptical.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#9    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• It shouldn't be "Seize the day" but "Seize *every* day"

Posted 14 November 2003 - 08:38 AM

I agree with Kryso.
The sea is way too huge for us to rule this sort of thing out. 'Tis entirely possible for something like that to have survived, plus countless other species (what the plural of species...? huh.gif ) that we have no idea about.

You don't have to believe that it will or believe that it wont - just that it's possible.

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Long live PLGROYR!

#10    MegFreak

MegFreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• Ours is the magick,
    ours is the power

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:19 PM

but look at all the new evidence they are finding, you know the teeth that are 5 inches long and the huge 10 ft bite marks in whale carcases....it's all there....and it's hard to find a carcas of a shark because it's made of cartlige and it sinks, unlinke the giant squid who floats....

#11    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 01:55 AM

MegFreak, have you read Sea Monsters by Richard Ellis? It's very good and he has lots of info on sharks. He's also written some other books on squids, sharks, and sea-serpents. Also not to be nosey, but where do you live in the states?

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#12    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:28 AM

My signature explaines what I believe in. WE as humans know more about what is in space than we do about our own oceans. Anything could be possible.

Megfreak, if you like books on Megolodon sharks, I recomend Meg and The Trench by Steve Alten. They are fictional, but good reads in my opinion.

Heres his site, Steve Alten

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#13    AnimangaBloodThorn

AnimangaBloodThorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Ashes to ashes, gas can to matches.

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:27 PM

I really beleive that they still exist. Like everyone else said, we know more about other planets than we do the ocean. We can't even go to the bottom of it in some places, so what if the Megladon lurkes around down there.    ph34r.gif

Cya!  

<center>Energizer bunny arrested, charged for battery.
If you are psychic, think "HONK."
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

'Welcome to the Doomsday Fan club and come on in and get blown to pieces with the rest of us!'

Nightwatcher-Conspiracy-AnimangaBloodThorn</center>

#14    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• &quot;Insanity is the only thing left to grasp onto in this world&quot;

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:56 PM

I dont see why they can't exisit!  just because we cant see them doesnt mean that they arent there!

#15    xgaryedgex

xgaryedgex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Liberate te ex inferis

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:30 AM

i'm on the fence about this one. a side of me says yeah its out there and the other side says its extinct. i just havent heard all the facts yet. so i say maybe.

There is no such thing as an inevitable war. If war comes it will be from failure of human wisdom.-Andrew B. Law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users