Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#31    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,265 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:47 PM

I did not bother with that information that you quoted as it provides no relevant information as to who Charles T. Hawkins, what his qualifications are or, indeed, if Charles T. Hawkins is even a real person (it could easily be a nom de plume).

I think you may have cut to the chase here. From what I've been reading on other discussion boards, no one is having much luck in tracking down the elusive Mr. Hawkins. I highly suspect that Charles T. Hawkins is indeed a pen name for someone else. I'm not sure if the *who* is an individual or a group of people though.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#32    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

Well at least expo2 has a sense of humor !

My apologies Lilly ...  I mis-read frenant's post in my haste and thought it was you who was attacking me .

Well it seems that everyone on every forum about the Apollo hoax is now searching for the ellusive Charlie Hawkins .. He sure did get popular all of a sudden .

His e-mail addy doesn't work , and his phone number won't accept any calls ... Hmmmmm ... This is beginning to look a lot like some kind of conspiracy !  rofl.gif

You know , I'm beginning to believe that all of you scientists might be right about this guy .... I bet that Charlie doesn't really exist at all but is rather a pile of people all rolled into one ....  I bet that Davey Percy , Ralphy Rene', Barty Sibrel , the late Billy Kaysing , and the late Jimmy Collier all got together to have one giant leg pull on all of us ...  You scientists know what leg pulls are don't you ? ....  They are what Neil Armstrong did when he stepped onto the 'lunar 'surface back in '69 .

As in :  That's one small step for ( a opppss  ) man ... one giant leg pull for mankind !  wink2.gif

Edited by straydog, 21 December 2006 - 02:53 PM.

I would rather be in the minority and know the truth , than to be in the majority and be in denial of the truth .

#33    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,222 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

Yes we know what a leg pull is and we've been watching you hoax believers fall hook, line and sinker for one for years.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#34    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

Well at least expo2 has a sense of humor !

My apologies Lilly ...  I mis-read frenant's post in my haste and thought it was you who was attacking me .

Well it seems that everyone on every forum about the Apollo hoax is now searching for the ellusive Charlie Hawkins .. He sure did get popular all of a sudden .

His e-mail addy doesn't work , and his phone number won't accept any calls ... Hmmmmm ... This is beginning to look a lot like some kind of conspiracy !  rofl.gif

You know , I'm beginning to believe that all of you scientists might be right about this guy .... I bet that Charlie doesn't really exist at all but is rather a pile of people all rolled into one ....  I bet that Davey Percy , Ralphy Rene', Barty Sibrel , the late Billy Kaysing , and the late Jimmy Collier all got together to have one giant leg pull on all of us ...  You scientists know what leg pulls are don't you ? ....  They are what Neil Armstrong did when he stepped onto the 'lunar 'surface back in '69 .

As in :  That's one small step for ( a opppss  ) man ... one giant leg pull for mankind !  wink2.gif

And if he IS a psuedonym used to be deliberately deceptive, who was he deceiving?

People who know Apollo happened? Or people who will clutch at any straw that supports their belief that Apollo never happened?

I'm afraid the joke was on you, stray - and you fell for it hook, line and sinker. Without the input and research by people on this board and the Education Forum, you'd have this guy on the same pedestal you put Jack White (Jack White who has yet to withdraw any of the claims he has been shown to be completely wrong about).

You are right - there is a moon conspiracy. Only it's not the one you think. Unbeknownst to you - you are actively participating in it!

You're backing the wrong horse, buddy!

#35    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,222 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

postbaguk, we are trying to keep this thread on topic. There has been plenty of discussion about Jack White elsewhere so we should keep this thread to Charles T. Hawkins. Although as even straydog now seems to agree that Charles T. Hawkins is a pseudonym (making his claim that this is the same man that wrote the "brilliant" dissertation on radio astronomy look a little daft) I'm not sure that this thread has much further to run.

I don't think that there is anything deceptive in using a nom de plume per se. However when one is making a claim that the author is

one of the greatest scientific minds of our time

it is a little strange that this great brain does not want to be identified.

No doubt there will be some that will say it would be dangerous for him to reveal his true identity as he would become an enemy of the state (despite the fact that White, Sibrel, Bennett, Percy and others continue to be alive and unmolested). However it could also be that this great mind does not want to be identified with this work (draw your own conclusions folks). However I think the most likely reason is that the whole "greatest scientific mind" claim is all simply hype. As I said in an earlier post, the publishers are not going to describe him as a dipstick are they?

For the hoax believers this must be a blow. They finally think they have found a real scientist that will back up their claims and it turns it he is probably a lie.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#36    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

Sorry Waspie, not trying to de-rail this thread into a Jack White discussion. Just giving straydog a gentle rib-tickle after his comment about it being one giant leg-pull for mankind!

I think the evidence is pointing quite clearly to "Charles Hawkins" not being who he is claimed to be. Whether he is someone already known for his HB views, someone else, or a "borg collective" of HBers and their views seems open to debate at the moment.

#37    straydog

straydog

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

I believe that Charlie is a physicist .... and might even have connections with NASA ... I have been doing some google searches on Charles Hawkins , without the T and have come up with some interesting results .

His book came in the mail today but unfortunately there was no picture of him or any contact info except for a web site addy which belongs to a realator named Charles Hawkins from NYC ...( www.charleshawkins.com)  I had a friend call him , as I was tied up with business , and the info received was that the realtor is not the author of the book but he wished he was , as he is interested in this kind of thing ....  He also said that he bought his web site address from someone named Charles Hawkins about a year ago and that the other Charles Hawkins was a physicist .

Obviously the guy who wrote this book does exist but is just keeping a very low profile now ... And maybe for good reasons ... After leafing through his book I can tell you that's it's definately not the same ole' same ole' , and aside from a few pictures of the NASA facilities at Langley Virginia, there is NOTHING about this book that is copied from that geocities site ... So the clavius information on that is a bunch of BS .

Here is what is written on the back cover of the book .

"A must read ... Now, after decades of silence , the secret to one of the world's biggest conspiracies is finally revealed in this book ... HOW AMERICA FAKED THE MOON LANDINGS by Charles T. Hawkins . It's a real eye opening experience .

What do the American Moon Landings , JFK's murder , and global warming all have in common ? All are at the center of a gigantic American government conspiracy filled with deception , cover-ups, and murders to conceal the truth about them . Hawkins ability to unravel the truth behind these conspiracies and what terrible fate awaits mankind is nothing short of remarkable .

Hawkins, who many consider to be one of the greatest scientific minds ever , recently organized the largest independant evaluation related to the authenticity of NASA's alleged moon landings of the 1960's and 70's .  After completing their 2 year journey of in-depth research , modern day science proves the Apollo Moon Landings , which is believed to be " the greatest achievement of mankind " , was really the greatest hoax of all time . Hawkins decided to publish his findings in this book hoping someday this terrible error in history would be corrected ; believing a lie this big should not live forever .

Whether you believe the astronauts went to the moon or not , you'll still have the time of your life sharing this book with your family , friends, and co-workers and considering the possiblities among yourselves . However, prepare to find yourselves a little scared and judging from Hawkins' findings you should be . "

Sorry postbaguk , but I'm backing Charlie's and Billy's and Ralphie's and Davy's and Jimmy's and Barty's and my horse .... I've never had any reason to doubt that Apollo was a monumental hoax  ... And think after I read Charlie's awesome looking book , I will have even more reason not to doubt it ... thumbsup.gif

Edited by straydog, 22 December 2006 - 01:56 AM.

I would rather be in the minority and know the truth , than to be in the majority and be in denial of the truth .

#38    Bill Hill

Bill Hill

Marshal Law

• 9,938 posts

• If I had my own world
    I'd build you an empire
    From here to the far lands
    To spread love like violence

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:02 AM

I think he's dead.

linked-image

Posted Image
Something in your heart, feel like someThing nEw.

#39    expo2

expo2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:15 AM

rofl, nice depiction of a person that died in 1908 but yet be able to write a book about the apollo missions of the 60's and 70's.

#40    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:17 AM

I believe that Charlie is a physicist .... and might even have connections with NASA ... I have been doing some google searches on Charles Hawkins , without the T and have come up with some interesting results .

His book came in the mail today but unfortunately there was no picture of him or any contact info except for a web site addy which belongs to a realator named Charles Hawkins from NYC ...( www.charleshawkins.com)  I had a friend call him , as I was tied up with business , and the info received was that the realtor is not the author of the book but he wished he was , as he is interested in this kind of thing ....  He also said that he bought his web site address from someone named Charles Hawkins about a year ago and that the other Charles Hawkins was a physicist .

Well, if www.charleshawkins.com used to be owned by your Charles Hawkins, let's see what the WayBack machine can dig up.

Go to http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.charleshawkins.com then click on May 20, 2004. Follow the links (you may need to allow pop-ups) and it will direct you to this site:-

http://web.archive.org/web/20050503195419/whizkids.tk/

Well, it's a moon hoax site. Let's look at one of his claims.

With so much evidence contained in Hawkins book proving scientifically the Apollo Moon landings had to been faked, why dont we hear about this stuff on the TV News. If it were anyone other than the American government the news media would be all over NASA about faking the moon landings, its so obvious.

For example take these next set of photos.  The two pictures on the left were taken at the Kennedy Space Center during the Apollo Astronauts training.  Now if you look closely at the two photos to the right, which NASA claims were taken on the moon it is obvious the images are identical matches.

linked-image

Wow! He takes a colour picture of EVA training from Apollo 11, changes it to black and white, then claims that NASA say it was taken on the moon! Not the most sophisticated deception in the world... but deception nonetheless. And not by NASA.

EDIT - subsequent investigation lead me to think he didn't manipulate the photos himself, so I withdraw that claim. I just think his interpretation is WAY off the mark...)

Oh, here he claims to have found photos of a cat, a dog and a mouse on the moon too.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050503195419/whizkids.tk/

And this guy is meant to be one of the greatest scientific minds in the world? Give me a break!

straydog - about that horse you were backing... the odds are lengthening!  thumbsup.gif

Have fun reading his book - if it's anything like his website at least you'll get a good laugh out of it!

Edited by postbaguk, 22 December 2006 - 05:43 AM.

#41    expo2

expo2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:21 AM

is there a source that states that he took pictures and changes them to black and white?

#42    Bill Hill

Bill Hill

Marshal Law

• 9,938 posts

• If I had my own world
    I'd build you an empire
    From here to the far lands
    To spread love like violence

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

linked-image

Charles Hawkins was recently asked to conduct an in depth evaluation of the NASA Apollo Moon landings and make a scientific evaluation of their legitimacy. He Has over 20 years of experience in the applied sciences, industrial electronics and robotics as well as a degree in computer science.

http://www.777radio.com/ssi/charles_hawkins_bio.shtml

Posted Image
Something in your heart, feel like someThing nEw.

#43    postbaguk

postbaguk

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

is there a source that states that he took pictures and changes them to black and white?

Nope - he is claiming that NASA did this. I'm pretty sure I've seen the colour pictures before - Apollo 11 EVA training. They are not part of the Apollo 11 lunar surface pictures - nor are they claimed to be.

I'll try and find them...

#44    expo2

expo2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

Nope - he is claiming that NASA did this. I'm pretty sure I've seen the colour pictures before - Apollo 11 EVA training. They are not part of the Apollo 11 lunar surface pictures - nor are they claimed to be.

I'll try and find them...

Well, rest assured clavius and bad astronomy will put another addition to their site featuring this person.  Mark my words, his scientific analysis and claims will be ripped apart along with the rest.  You should wait till at least an investigative journalist shows some evidence that depicts exactly what your claims are expounding upon before accusing him of photographic manipulation.

#45    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,265 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

Err...When I clicked onto Mr. Hawkin's website (at the bottom of the linked interview) this is what I saw. In this case Mr. Hawkins appears to be a Real Estate Agent. So, what's up here?  Is Mr. Hawkins a Scientist, or a Real Estate Agent? Where did he work (for 20 years) in applied sciences, industrial electronics, robotics and computer science? And, where did he go to college?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users