Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Loch Ness Monster

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 14 November 2003 - 09:50 PM

I come from Scotland and personally do believe in the Loch Ness Monster.It cant be only a myth,even if it does not survive today,it has lived before.But there were theories that there was more than one and they were breeding.There are point's to both arguments,but tell me wot u think,about Nessie,real or not?

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#2    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:03 PM

I believe in Nessie, even though there has been evidence proved to be people having a joke, the legend has been around for so long that surely not all of them could be hoaxes. And the people that are out to prove that Nessie doesn't exist I feel so sorry for and really pity that they feel the need to destroy people's hopes and dreams.

I think there has to be more than one, it only seems logical as a single creature couldn't survive forever. Who knows what lies in that loch?

#3    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:12 AM

I strongly believe in not just the existence of Nessie,but other several plesiosaurs that are still out there (Ogopogo,Champ etc....).One way or another,there is a connection between them. thumbsup.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#4    TheLight

TheLight

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 12:10 PM

There's probably no monster. After all the investigations, continuous observations and everyinth, if there was something (and of course that holds even more if they were a complete finally). Anyway pretending there's are real monster helps the surrounding villages' economy. And in the end, nowadays, it seems that often economy is more important than truth.

#5    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 15 November 2003 - 02:22 PM

There's a big possibility there a few caverns deep inside the lake so maybe Nessie's lair could well be beyond those caverns.I dunno about the sonar stuff,but  I don't really think we could send some machinery or gadget like thingies really deep down there as the water pressure's sure to turn it into titbits.Moreover it,I bet Nessie's not that free to do its rounds at the lake everyday for those researchers to catch any prove of its existence.Or maybe.....cover-up?(Not again rolleyes.gif )Because it has a connection to some other 'unwanted attention' stuff according to sources.

Edited by Engulf, 15 November 2003 - 06:14 PM.

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#6    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• Jon-Erik Beckjord,BA,MBA, has run three brick-and-mortar
    CZ museums in Malibu,L.A. and SF,CA and has spent 28 years
    doing field work.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (TheLight @ Nov 15 2003, 11:10 AM)
There's probably no monster. After all the investigations, continuous observations and everyinth, if there was something (and of course that holds even more if they were a complete finally). Anyway pretending there's are real monster helps the surrounding villages' economy. And in the end, nowadays, it seems that often economy is more important than truth.

original.gif   Nessie is paranormal, and if you drained the entire Loch, they would
find no body.

But it does appear, and I have filmed it in 16mm, in 1983, and had my expedition
assistant take 8 35mm stills in 1987.

It is there, just not as full-time f&b...

see http://www.beckjord.com/nessie thumbsup.gif  

" Not only are Bigfoot,Nessie,Crop Circles etc, weirder than you imagine, they are all weirder than you __can__imagine."

" I praise the great Saruman for permitting diverse views and free speech on this forum. It is a breath of fresh air to see all views expressed."

"If I don't upset at least ten people a day, (Like Bipto and Cisco) then I am failing at my job!"

" I only respect people with real names, real emails, and real addresses. I hope this will be you.   MY EMAIL : seeker@stealthaccess.net  :-) "

#7    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:21 AM

Wow, MF, do you do this as a job or hobby? Have you seen anything since 1983? I always look when I visit Loch Ness but have never been lucky enough as yet. It's never made me think that there is nothing there though. I always get this really strong feeling inside, in my gut, when I'm there because I believe that so passionately.

There are so many caves around the loch, so I agree that they probably wouldn't find anything if they drained the loch, as I doubt the monster would stick around to be found but hide out. How many deep dark caverns do you think there must be in all? And would anyone really want to go through to the very depths in search? I know I'd rather leave him in peace!

#8    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

i would suggest everyone leave him alone,because let's face it,who want's to p***off a huge,prehistoric dinosaur???there has been proof that Plesiosaur's did live there at one time,so why not now.I am also a very passionate believer in The Loch Ness monster,mainly the reason why i started this topic.but if we ever find out it exist's for real,or capture it.it will remove all the magic from the lake,they should leave it in peace,and let believing minds do the work,not scientists trtying to capture it.

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#9    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:23 PM

I personnaly believe the loch ness monster is all just a big hoax to attract tourism . Their is absolutely no real proof the creature exists when it comes down to it . On top of that , they did a scanner sweep with boats a long time ago and what did they find ? Nothing .

On top of that they did an experiment to explain how sightings occur with normal adult people as the subject . The scientist organized a hike of some sort . The subjects did not know they were part of an experiment , just a nature walk through the loch ness and nothing more . On the way they had the people stop for a rest , here is where the experiment comes in : The scientists brought them to a spot where they had a pole tied to a rope in the water . The rope was a wire so they couldn't see it , and their was nothing special about the pole . they pulled the pole up in front of everyone and pulled it down too quickly for them to catch a quick photo ( except for the leader of the hike , who was of course in on it and knew the excact time the pole would be pulled up ) . Once the hike was over everyone was asked to make a drawing of what they saw , and everyone subconsiously added a head to the drawing of the pole , even though it was just a pole . Everyone honestly believed they saw the lochness monster untill they were explained to on how they where just part of an  experiment .

This just goes to show how often people see what they want to see other then what is actually there .

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#10    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:36 PM

It may be the main attraction now, but the story of Nessie originated long before it grew on such an enormous scale so it can't be just to attract the tourists.  

#11    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:41 PM

You may be partially right about that , it was probobly kept alive as a reality to attract tourists . All the evidence points to the lochness monster not existing .

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#12    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:44 PM

Don't destroy my dreams!  grin2.gif  I still believe, even with all the supposed evidence that says otherwise. There is also a lot of evidence that does the opposite.

original.gif  

#13    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:49 PM

Could you suggest some of the evidence that suggest's it does not live today Xeno,i find this interestuing to hear the main point's of a Believer and Non-Believer.

Posted Image

#14    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:56 PM

thefirstman
Could you suggest some of the evidence that suggest's it does not live today Xeno,i find this interestuing to hear the main point's of a Believer and Non-Believer.

I quote myself
, they did a scanner sweep with boats a long time ago and what did they find ? Nothing .

On top of that they did an experiment to explain how sightings occur with normal adult people as the subject . The scientist organized a hike of some sort . The subjects did not know they were part of an experiment , just a nature walk through the loch ness and nothing more . On the way they had the people stop for a rest , here is where the experiment comes in : The scientists brought them to a spot where they had a pole tied to a rope in the water . The rope was a wire so they couldn't see it , and their was nothing special about the pole . they pulled the pole up in front of everyone and pulled it down too quickly for them to catch a quick photo ( except for the leader of the hike , who was of course in on it and knew the excact time the pole would be pulled up ) . Once the hike was over everyone was asked to make a drawing of what they saw , and everyone subconsiously added a head to the drawing of the pole , even though it was just a pole . Everyone honestly believed they saw the lochness monster untill they were explained to on how they where just part of an experiment .

a scanner sweep finding absolutely nothing that covered all parts of the lake and a pssychological experiment showing people see what they want too . What more do you need ?  huh.gif  

Posted Image

#15    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:59 PM

It is impossible to scan all parrts of the Lake i quote Engulf

There's a big possibility there a few caverns deep inside the lake so maybe Nessie's lair could well be beyond those caverns.I dunno about the sonar stuff,but I don't really think we could send some machinery or gadget like thingies really deep down there as the water pressure's sure to turn it into titbits.Moreover it,I bet Nessie's not that free to do its rounds at the lake everyday for those researchers to catch any prove of its existence.

see there is no way you could scan the cavern's and the pressure down there is unbearable.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users