Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Loch Ness Monster

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:03 PM

You beat me to it FM, I'd written in an earlier post also that if you drained the loch you wouldn't find anything as Nessie wouldn't wait around but hide in one of the deep caves.

So that really isn't reliable evidence of the non-existence of Nessie.

YAY!  grin2.gif  

#17    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:17 PM

their have been multiple scannings , and although their are caverns it is unlikely that each scan would come up as nothing . Some activity should have been recorded . What really needs to be done is a night time scan , that would definitly make the scans more accurate since some sea creatures come out at night . But beyond that the only evidence is just sightings  , and as the experiment I listed above shows the siightings just cant be trusted . It really is just a myth that has been kept alive and only supported by ideas that it can be a dinosaur along with eyewitness .

Im not doubting that it could exist , I just dont think the chances are that high at all to warrent belief .

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#18    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:18 PM

I think that the common view of the Loch Ness 'Monster', as a Plesiosaur or other survivor of the age of the Dinosaurs is next to impossible. I'm open to the idea that there is something in the Loch that shouldn't be there, but I personally don't think we're going to find a live Plesiosaur in Loch Ness.

To begin with, Loch Ness itself only formed during the last ice age, a few thousand years ago, which puts to rest any theories of a dinosaur being frozen/trapped there etc.

Secondly, a Plesiosaur is an air breathing animal, meaning it would need to come to the surface for air every few minutes. A single member of a species cannot live for millions of years, so a viable population of them would be necessary. Since no forest of necks can be seen protruding from the Loch at all times, I find it doubtful that any such animals are living there. Finally the idea of the creature(s) living in underwater caves is probably also false. A recent study of the Loch indicated that the type of rock from which the sides of the Loch are composed, is too hard for caves to have formed.

There could well be something unusual in the Loch, but I do not believe that there are any Dinosaur survivers in there.

#19    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:38 PM

I can see where you're coming from SaRuMaN, because of the descriptions of sightings made by people, they related it to the Plesiosaur, but it could be something else.

I just love the whole story surrounding Nessie and the mystery, it makes Loch Ness seem full of magic.

#20    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:40 PM

Way to ruin my hope's and drems.I believe that there is something there,and i will let no one else inject information which suggests otherewise tongue.gif lol.ok my bad.you do have a good point Saruman,but i like to believe that there is something there,and the magick of it all.it's fun to say the least to go there,iv been lots of times,been a while since the last but i love it and could think of nowherwe else i would want to be

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#21    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:43 PM

Don't get me wrong, I live a couple of miles from Loch Ness and I love the idea that there is something mysterious lurking in the depths - I'm just not convinced that we're going to find a live Plesiosaur in there.

thumbsup.gif  

#22    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:47 PM

Fair enough,maybe not a Plesiosaur,but maybe something.i love the idea.Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#23    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:51 PM

Well if you dont want us to ruin your hopes and dreams my participation in this topic ends here  cool.gif  

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#24    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:51 PM

Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Here's the photograph :

Attached Images

• nessie.jpg

#25    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• Jon-Erik Beckjord,BA,MBA, has run three brick-and-mortar
    CZ museums in Malibu,L.A. and SF,CA and has spent 28 years
    doing field work.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:05 PM

w00t.gif

OK, let me make it clear. I am a major field worker at the Loch, and have had 6 expeditons.

1) there are no "caves" for Nessie hide in.

2) the Loch is not connectred to the sea by "underground caves" (or it woul;d drain)

3) Nessie lives, but not in the form of an F&B prehistoric, or modern reptile or
slug or fish,etc,etc,etc,etc!

4) It manifests as a temporary being, is seen, makes waves, then disappears.

5) It is paranormal, which many Loch residents cannot grasp, since they think that means it is a ghost with a sheet that says "Boo!". It is not that, it is a shapeshifter
and well could become a black panther on shorre, or the Grey Man of Ben McDui,
or Bigfoot as has been seen in teh forests nearby.

6) So -- Nessie is alive and well, and could very well be YOU! (As you sleep)

http://www.beckjord.com/nessie

whistling2.gif  devil.gif  thumbsup.gif

" Not only are Bigfoot,Nessie,Crop Circles etc, weirder than you imagine, they are all weirder than you __can__imagine."

" I praise the great Saruman for permitting diverse views and free speech on this forum. It is a breath of fresh air to see all views expressed."

"If I don't upset at least ten people a day, (Like Bipto and Cisco) then I am failing at my job!"

" I only respect people with real names, real emails, and real addresses. I hope this will be you.   MY EMAIL : seeker@stealthaccess.net  :-) "

#26    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ Nov 16 2003, 06:51 PM)

Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Here's the photograph :

OK, flipper was part of a manifested Nessie.

Which later de-manifested.  --    Where do you live, Saurman? Glascow?

MF   thumbsup.gif  

" Not only are Bigfoot,Nessie,Crop Circles etc, weirder than you imagine, they are all weirder than you __can__imagine."

" I praise the great Saruman for permitting diverse views and free speech on this forum. It is a breath of fresh air to see all views expressed."

"If I don't upset at least ten people a day, (Like Bipto and Cisco) then I am failing at my job!"

" I only respect people with real names, real emails, and real addresses. I hope this will be you.   MY EMAIL : seeker@stealthaccess.net  :-) "

#27    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:12 PM

The MAGICK is still there.

Nessie appears maybe 12 x per season, and while it is seen, it is very physical.

I've seen it twice at elast, and the Magick was there for me...

There IS a Nessie, and it simply is there on a diffoierent basis than you thought.

SO NO TEARS!!!!!!!!  Nessie is alive and well and Nessie is YOU! wink2.gif

MF

#28    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:36 PM

That is an interesting theory MF.

I don't believe that Nessie is a shapeshifter though, I can't grasp the concept. I think if anything, he has become expert at hiding, travelling overland to secret caverns to escape prying eyes.

I remember hearing that Nessie had been seen on land in the road, which supports Suraman in saying he is an air-breather also.

Another explanantion is that people just don't see what their mind cannot make sense of. We don't expect to see a huge monster travelling across land so our senses just ignore it to prevent confusion and anxiety.

original.gif  

#29    kreestar

kreestar

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 09:57 PM

I believe that nessie and the other lake monsters are dinosaurs that didn't die out. Most of the descriptions are alike.

Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.

#30    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• "Insanity is the only thing left to grasp onto in this world"

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:38 PM

Well I think Nessie is real!  grin2.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users