Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange Spider Web

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

Has anyone ever here of those spiders that travel in hibernation in packs and are designed to take on extreme cold temperatures, If I remember correctly they have the ability to detach from the vegatation or trees. when the wind is high and probably in a certain season or region of the world but they fly up airborne across a nation to land somewhere else and finish the process of hibernation, When in waking they defrost and either give birth or mate at one of the locations flown from. theyve been known to go even higher than airplains in to one of our space atmospheres , that how much cold they can handle,

All I know are the hactling spiders "balloon"...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#32    soul_ecnirp

soul_ecnirp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• "I am Ezekiel Almighty, My will be done..."

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

we have one of those here in the philippines, i think it is supposed to be poisonus but it does not bite very often because we catch one of those and sometimes with bare hands.. our parents and the elders here forbid us to handle and take or even touch one of those bec. as i say it is supposed to be poisonus. what do you expect we did as a kid? hehehe

"Sometimes, you have to believe even if you don't want to do so"
Posted Image

#33    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

we have one of those here in the philippines, i think it is supposed to be poisonus but it does not bite very often because we catch one of those and sometimes with bare hands.. our parents and the elders here forbid us to handle and take or even touch one of those bec. as i say it is supposed to be poisonus. what do you expect we did as a kid? hehehe

I can promise you that it was not poisonous, don't worry.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#34    kobie

kobie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Life is lifes ultimate goal, to achieve a boundless intricate web of limitless possibilities.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

You know,once i was bitten by a spider.it gave me a really bad swelling reaction and it continued flaring my arm up for over a whole year then on and off the second year....in patches it would appear as a raised lump then two then three then it would spread and swell all over my left arm and the pain and itching was terrible.to this day i dont touch them any more ill post what it was later...

Users/repro/Desktop/dimsum-3.jpg

#35    kobie

kobie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Life is lifes ultimate goal, to achieve a boundless intricate web of limitless possibilities.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

You know,once i was bitten by a spider.it gave me a really bad swelling reaction and it continued flaring my arm up for over a whole year then on and off the second year....in patches it would appear as a raised lump then two then three then it would spread and swell all over my left arm and the pain and itching was terrible.to this day i dont touch them any more ill post what it was later...

well i was trying to find the spider that bit me but cant find it anymore its very similar to Tegenaria gigantea, but lived on a thick web and if you approach it it raises its legs and shakes its web insanely....the bite was two black dots which with each one was encircled with little red dots....about eight-ten on each.

wot about that then....the swine it was,if i ever see it again i'll rip its legs of and give them to my dog!

Users/repro/Desktop/dimsum-3.jpg

#36    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

well i was trying to find the spider that bit me but cant find it anymore its very similar to Tegenaria gigantea, but lived on a thick web and if you approach it it raises its legs and shakes its web insanely....the bite was two black dots which with each one was encircled with little red dots....about eight-ten on each.

wot about that then....the swine it was,if i ever see it again i'll rip its legs of and give them to my dog!

The reaction you suffered was most likely a allergic reaction. All spiders are venomous as they use venom to digest their prey, but it can affect individuals in different ways. The incident was most likely a one off, you have to go to southern France to find our nearest medically important species of spider unless you got yours out of a banana box.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#37    jet48

jet48

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:35 AM

It looks like a saint Andrews cross spider we use to get in our garden when we use to live in Sydney Australia. Beautiful spider, and their webs looked beautiful too. laugh.gif

#38    trickyhomunculi

trickyhomunculi

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

I think I found your answer ......   http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/spider-on-drugs.html  yes.gif  thumbsup.gif  laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users