Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Discovered vestiges of the oldest war

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Luziadus

Luziadus

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

A German archeologist affirms that found in the northeast of the Syria vestiges of "the first war of the humanity",or at least the oldest one already discovered,as balls of stone and clay utilized probably as munitions around 6.000 years ago,reported today the German weekly Die Zeit.
"We have here the oldest example of an offensive war",declared the archeologist Clemens Reichel,that leadership the excavations in the old city of Hamaukar,nearby the border with the Iraq,for the University of Chicago.
Reichel, the city,whose fortifications had three meters of thickness,was invaded and limited to ashen in almost 6.000 years ago, probably by invaders originating in the south of the Mesopotamia. " Was not a small quarrel that occurred here",said the archeologist, that leadership the works of excavation on the local since 2003.Referred still to a zone of real battle,basing itself in the around 2.300 balls of stone and clay discovered in the principal part of the zone.

Source :   http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?sect...;id_news=256835

Edited by Endymion, 04 January 2007 - 04:49 PM.

"the mind is like a parachute, if it cant be open it wont be useful"

#2    kraftman

kraftman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• trashgore forever

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the news  thumbsup.gif .

#3    kraftman

kraftman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• trashgore forever

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the news  thumbsup.gif .

Edited by kraftman, 08 January 2007 - 09:10 PM.

#4    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

nice find

#5    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,719 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

what, no Atlantean aircraft, or laser crystals were found?...

just kidding  grin2.gif

#6    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

What size were the stone balls? Were they for small slingshots or larger catapults?

Posted Image

#7    Jack_of_Blades

Jack_of_Blades

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

• "There's no earthly way of knowing. Which direction they are going! There's no knowing where they're rowing, Or which way they river's flowing!."

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

what, no Atlantean aircraft, or laser crystals were found?...

Soon enough

#8    Luziadus

Luziadus

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

What size were the stone balls? Were they for small slingshots or larger catapults?

I hope that a german member can write something or can show a video of it here since this find was from the weekly journal Die Zeit.to give more details.

"the mind is like a parachute, if it cant be open it wont be useful"

#9    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:31 AM

slings, we're talking mesopotamian times, catupults were not yet available. humaities first war was that agianst evolution

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#10    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

Was it just a single battle or an actual war?

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#11    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

Was it just a single battle or an actual war?

good point. tequically its not a war if its just one battle.   they need more evidence of other battles to call it a war.

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#12    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:25 AM

good point. tequically its not a war if its just one battle.   they need more evidence of other battles to call it a war.

The first wr was probably a bunch of cavemen fighting each other over beach front cave locations.

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#13    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,093 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

I think this report is about the same discovery. I remember reading about it when it first appeared online and reading this thread sparked a furious search for the article.

I suppose it's technically a siege rather than a war.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#14    BlueZone

BlueZone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

I can't believe that this was the first war.  What is the definition of war here anyway?  Two organized social groups fighting eachother?  If that's the definition war probably predeates the species homo sapiens.  Apes organize into social groups with distinct territories and battle other ape groups to defend their "borders".  Wolf packs do this too.  Basically, all territorial social animals do it.  

So how could there be a first war?  Homo neaderthalis and  australopithecus probably fought wars too.  The entire concept of a "first war" doesn't make sense. I suppose the first war happened right around the time some ape-like creature mutated into a human.  There would be a million similar events preceeding it, but they wouldn't count as wars because the warriors weren't "human".

#15    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

I can't believe that this was the first war.  What is the definition of war here anyway?  Two organized social groups fighting eachother?  If that's the definition war probably predeates the species homo sapiens.  Apes organize into social groups with distinct territories and battle other ape groups to defend their "borders".  Wolf packs do this too.  Basically, all territorial social animals do it.  

So how could there be a first war?  Homo neaderthalis and  australopithecus probably fought wars too.  The entire concept of a "first war" doesn't make sense. I suppose the first war happened right around the time some ape-like creature mutated into a human.  There would be a million similar events preceeding it, but they wouldn't count as wars because the warriors weren't "human".

To me a war is a series of battles that are fought to obtain one goal.

A battle is just a bunch of fights...and a war is just a bunch of battles. But there has to be a a goal of the war or it is just a bunch of random battles fought independtly for seperate reasons.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users