Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dolphins may be from Atlantis?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#76    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:39 AM

thread ofcourse grin2.gif
pointless discussion... i REFUSE to belive that HIGHER race of HUMANS are delphins grin2.gif

soooo ur city goes under the water ... u dont swim around until u turn into DELPHIN u swim to closest land mass and go on the dry landddddddddddddddddd

Well if you looked like the snub fin I wouldn't want to go on land either, you'd look like a hunchback!

Edited by Mattshark, 08 January 2007 - 01:05 PM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#77    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:32 AM

Dolphins are from Atlantis!? Where just pulling out theories out of our tushies now aren't we?

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#78    Bosanchero

Bosanchero

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

Dolphins are from Atlantis!? Where just pulling out theories out of our tushies now aren't we?

sure does seem like it dont it ?

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over

View Postwhen.i.am.queen., on Jan 10 2007, 06:57 AM, said:

Here is a crazy thought

... perhaps.....not?

#79    Bone_Collector

Bone_Collector

-> SkEpToMaNiAc <-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

• You savvy?

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

Sorry, my top 10 ridiculous threads list on UM is already filled.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep... and miles to go before I sleep ~Robert Frost

#80    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,758 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

Sorry, my top 10 ridiculous threads list on UM is already filled.

wow, could you please post the list, I would think that this would bump something off of it...

#81    randym23

randym23

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• the question IS the answer

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

dolphins have a advanced "sonar". when they look at us with this ability, our skeletal structure looks similar to them in some ways.
the reason dolphins help drowning humans, is because dolphins also come to the aid of other injured dolphins that cant swim
and keep them at the surface so they dont drown and our drowning look similar to a struggling dolphin!
on a side note: they especially like pregnant women because they can "see" the baby and they can also use sonar to see
things like cancers!

and visit my site:
Posted Image

#82    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

dolphins have a advanced "sonar". when they look at us with this ability, our skeletal structure looks similar to them in some ways.
the reason dolphins help drowning humans, is because dolphins also come to the aid of other injured dolphins that cant swim
and keep them at the surface so they dont drown and our drowning look similar to a struggling dolphin!
on a side note: they especially like pregnant women because they can "see" the baby and they can also use sonar to see
things like cancers!

It is echolocation not sonar, there is a difference. You are also using the term dolphin like there is only one, and treating 40 different species as such. Dolphins are not very altruistic towards
dolphins species, especially bottlenoses and killer whale, both of which have attacked other species for "fun" and killer whales predate on other dolphin species. There is no evidence of dolphins
seeing cancer and pregnant women are a much higher risk group for be attacked by dolphins.

Edited by Mattshark, 10 January 2007 - 10:27 AM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#83    Symulacrum

Symulacrum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#84    MVxK

MVxK

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

It is echolocation not sonar, there is a difference. You are also using the term dolphin like there is only one, and treating 40 different species as such. Dolphins are not very altruistic towards
dolphins species, especially bottlenoses and killer whale, both of which have attacked other species for "fun" and killer whales predate on other dolphin species. There is no evidence of dolphins
seeing cancer and pregnant women are the main group to be attacked by dolphins.

Are killer whales and dolphins in the same family?

Learn something new every day.

#85    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

Lol,,,no,no,no,no,no,,,,,,,hehehehehehehehehehehe

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#86    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

things like cancers!

I still think that dolphins intelligence is exagerated, i mean i've seen a monkey ride a bicycle, when was the last time you saw a dolphin do that?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#87    McKenna

McKenna

I'm a miracle baby. I'm a gift of life from God.

• 2,448 posts

• The Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but
    the Lord looks on the heart."(1 Samuel 16:7)

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

Thanks to everyone on this thread who posted and felt the nerve to humiliate me in public. Just for giving out my opinions and beliefs on dolphines. Therefore, I've decided to delete my post about my beliefs and opinions on dolphines. I'll no longer be replying to this thread ever again.

Edited by McKenna, 11 January 2007 - 12:37 PM.

McKenna Elise Adams MySpace Page
McKenna Elise Adams Website Page

I have found a way. And I am not ashamed.

#88    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

Here's my opinion on this subject:

I believe that Dolphines did come from atlantis at one point in time. But I don't believe they are humans. However, I do believe that at one point in time. They were friends with the atlantis humans. And I believe they still are friends with humans today.

ERM...ok dear.
Atlantis was a mythical city on land, that was swallowed by the sea as punishment by the greek gods, so at what point did the humans evolve into dolphins....shortly before they drowned presumably  huh.gif

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#89    Eternal Soul

Eternal Soul

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

I still think that dolphins intelligence is exagerated, i mean i've seen a monkey ride a bicycle, when was the last time you saw a dolphin do that?

Tee Hee happy.gif

#90    Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

~Voltaire

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

Well, in fact some investigation was made.
Scientists compared brain of human to the dolphin's one. The structure is similar. Human's brain's weight is approximately 1400 g and the dolphins' brain's weight is 1400 g. However - the proportion between the cerebellum and brain's hemispheres is like 1/6,7 in human's brain and 1/6,5 in dolphin's brain. The brain cortex is also more complicated in dolphin's brains. Density of neurons is almost the same!!
Computer simulations show that human race after living in water for a few million years would evaluate and looked very similar to dolphins. Our legs would connect and our skull would evaluate making the nose part larger, our eyes going aside and our forehead going back. The simulation also showed that only human race could evaluate into the race similar to dolphins.

Best Regards

I am sure you mean "evolve" not "evaluate", but at anyrate coevolution is a documented phoneomena. If humans decided to move to the seas then perhaps we may end up looking like dolphins after a few million years. But that doesnt mean they evolved from us. Bats can fly, it doesnt mean they evolved from hairy birds or vice versa. Dolphins are smart. Theres no doubt about that. But they evolved from early cows, not us hairless apes.

I dunno...It could be just me. I tend to be skeptical when it comes to theories that are based on what sounds good rather than actual evidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users