Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Solanum: The REAL T-virus?, real zombies? 2

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

This is probably the 10th time I've linked to this thread, but what ever. laugh.gif

Check out the posts by monarch71 in this thread, it seems pretty convincing to me.

It doesn't matter if a virus can make you a mindless drone, bringing back corpses on the otherhand is an entirely different story. You should go and research what happens after you die and how fast you really decay.

ZOMBIES ARE IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Now something like 28 days later where all the people were still alive and infected with a virus that made them go crazy is more plausible that bringing a corpse back to life.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#32    mystery-man

mystery-man

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

It looks like it was put as an April Fools joke also. If you look at the date above the "Article" it says "Last update Friday 1st April 2005" thus making it an April Fools joke. I must say it is a good one though, looks very genuine.

#33    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

Yes, we covered that extensively in the last page.

#34    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

It doesn't matter if a virus can make you a mindless drone, bringing back corpses on the otherhand is an entirely different story. You should go and research what happens after you die and how fast you really decay.

ZOMBIES ARE IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I'm aware of what happens to the body after death, although I've always considered the whole 'corpse revival' thing to be an outdated definition of the word zombie. For me, if something becomes infected, then goes and starts killing/infecting other people, it's a zombie.

Now something like 28 days later where all the people were still alive and infected with a virus that made them go crazy is more plausible that bringing a corpse back to life.

That's what I'm talking about.

#35    undersquiggle

undersquiggle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• Reality > 49%

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

okay, this is going to maybe sound silly but here me out.
what if a virus could be designed not to necessarily kill a person and then turn them into the walking dead, but attack the adrenal glands as well as the limbic systems to first over stimulate the person, followed by an attack the hippocampus,amygdala, and the frontal, temporal and parietal lobes.(not that good at brain anatomy)

what im getting at, is this - the military has been manufacturing viruses for decades now. they know they're stuff. is it not possible that they can create a virus not unlike the on in 28 days later? that merely represses all memories so that a person is running on there most basic instincts, and then overstimulated to think they are being attacked by every one, and would respond in kind since their higher brain function has been disabled? its as close to 'zomie' that you may come in real life, and when you think about it, its not that far fetched.

Is it that I am violent, or merely uninhibited?

#36    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:27 AM

okay, this is going to maybe sound silly but here me out.
what if a virus could be designed not to necessarily kill a person and then turn them into the walking dead, but attack the adrenal glands as well as the limbic systems to first over stimulate the person, followed by an attack the hippocampus,amygdala, and the frontal, temporal and parietal lobes.(not that good at brain anatomy)

what im getting at, is this - the military has been manufacturing viruses for decades now. they know they're stuff. is it not possible that they can create a virus not unlike the on in 28 days later? that merely represses all memories so that a person is running on there most basic instincts, and then overstimulated to think they are being attacked by every one, and would respond in kind since their higher brain function has been disabled? its as close to 'zomie' that you may come in real life, and when you think about it, its not that far fetched.

It is not far fetched but unlikely for various reasons. One of the reasons I can think of is if they unleashed such a virus on unsuspecting victims they may not be able to control it's spead there for creating a global pandemic which would effectivly end our civilization.

I'm aware of what happens to the body after death, although I've always considered the whole 'corpse revival' thing to be an outdated definition of the word zombie. For me, if something becomes infected, then goes and starts killing/infecting other people, it's a zombie.

So anyone who has HIV and doesn't know but infects others is a Zombie? While I will agree that zombies don't have to be a corpse they do have to be mindless. In Haiti creating mindless slaves to work is a zombie and it still happens today but not often. Nothing magical about it either and no virus involved.

Posted Image

#37    EviL_Phreak

EviL_Phreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well sorry for bringing the old thread alive but.

The 28 days later is very possible scenario.

A virus or parasite or even toxinc could trigger emotions.
For short if you smoke weed you are happy tongue.gif

But a amanita muscaria and also angel dust can trigger rage.
Even Vikings used Amanita Muscaria when they went into battles.

So what if a virus or toxin is created that produces the chemicals that makes us very angry.
So this is possible.

Another thing wich is cooler is what if somebody would create a virus like in the movie The Invasion.

#38    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

Well sorry for bringing the old thread alive but.

The 28 days later is very possible scenario.

A virus or parasite or even toxinc could trigger emotions.
For short if you smoke weed you are happy tongue.gif

But a amanita muscaria and also angel dust can trigger rage.
Even Vikings used Amanita Muscaria when they went into battles.

So what if a virus or toxin is created that produces the chemicals that makes us very angry.
So this is possible.

Another thing wich is cooler is what if somebody would create a virus like in the movie The Invasion.

Amanita Muscaria and PCP (Angel Dust) while both known to cause 'freak outs' do not make you mindless. In fact both drugs are completely different from one another. Cocaine, Crack and Alcohol as well as various other substances make people violent or easily enraged. I would say however Alcohol is by far the worst in regards to making people emotionally unstable.

A virus or a parasite however would be the best bets if you wanted to make people into mindless slaves.

I once read about a parasite that lives within a cats intestines and comes out in it crap. Well when rats get it they are done... First it infects the rats brain, second it begins to break down various parts of the brain turning off the rats fear of cats and actually makes them compelled to follow the scent of a cat. The parasitic bacteria does this to return back to the cats digestive tract.

While I doubt a chemicals ability to make a person mindless as seen in 28 Days Later an engineered virus or bacteria designed specifically to attack various parts of the brain that control the thought process, emotions and memory etc would do the trick. All it would take for this scenario to take place is either there is a naturally occurring bacteria or virus we haven't discovered yet to be released into the populous. Or some mad scientist who has a grudge against humanity engineers one then releases it in heavily populated areas.

Posted Image

#39    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

Solanum is real,but it is a class of plants.The plants cited are members of the nightshade family and can be poisonous.Only certain parts of tomatoes,potatoes and others,like eggplant can be eaten.

That's like the rubarb plant. You only eat the red stems,not the leaves,which are poisonous.

Now,could some drug be made from the plant along with other plant extracts to make one appear dead,yes. In Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare ,Juliet takes a potion that appears to  induce death,but puts her into a state of suspended animation,for which she recieves the antidote. The Italians in the Middle Ages and  Renissance period were adept
at making poisons and various potions. Catherine De Medici,wife of King Henry the Second of France  was said to have such knowledge.Whether she used it to poison anyone I don't know.
But using poisons in those days to get rid of rivals was nothing new.

#40    Againstallodds

Againstallodds

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:13 AM

GanjaGuru on Feb 1 2007, 09:27 PM, said:

It is not far fetched but unlikely for various reasons. One of the reasons I can think of is if they unleashed such a virus on unsuspecting victims they may not be able to control it's spead there for creating a global pandemic which would effectivly end our civilization.

I honestly dont see what would be so bad about ending civiliaztion

#41    SRCivic98

SRCivic98

Psychic Spy

• 1,612 posts

• When being pushed to the limits. Killing is just as easy as breathing.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

Rastaman on Jan 13 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

Wether or not Solanum is "real", There was a case of zombies in Africa (forgot which country). It was a disease carried by mosquitoes that killed a human but made them function in a very violent way for an hour or two before the entire body shut down and died. Many said it was like a zombie.

you don't mean the west nile do you?

LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH PRIDE - PERSONAL MOTTO

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME - SNAKE PLISKIN IN ESCAPE FROM LA

ONCE ALL THINGS ARE ELIMATED, WHAT REMAINS, NO MATTER HOW IMPROBIBABLE IT MAY SEEM, MUST BE THE TRUTH - SHERLOCK HOLMES

#42    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,329 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Solanum is actualy a real virus.

#43    The Original Chupa King

The Original Chupa King

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Blue_army on Oct 27 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

If this is your opinion, then to you it probably is. If you're stating this as fact, could you back up your claims with actual evidence, please?

Thanks,
Allfather

#44    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Blue_army on Oct 27 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

And there is a Santa Clause virus as well. rolleyes.gif  

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#45    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,329 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

You could go to your local Science lab in your captiol.
But they wont show it perosnally but they have pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users