Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Solanum: The REAL T-virus?, real zombies? 2

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

Blue_army on Oct 28 2008, 12:05 PM, said:

You could go to your local Science lab in your captiol.
But they wont show it perosnally but they have pictures.

I think you need to read less fiction and more science. Thanks.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#47    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

I have just read this thread through, and would I be right in assuming that it has taken 3, nay 4 pages to conclude that the whole thing is absurd, and based solely on the fact that someone got confused between a genus of plant and a fictional virus? My head hurts.

Blue_army on Oct 27 2008, 06:58 PM, said:

Solanum is actualy a real virus.

Hahahaha. *Smashes head despondently against laptop keyboard* Proof, witnesses, evidence, victims?

Speaking of zombies, is anyone watching Dead Set? Bring on the gore! tongue.gif

Edited by Bat_fish, 28 October 2008 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

#48    Nessies 2nd Cousin

Nessies 2nd Cousin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

I know bat_fish, the fact that the OP even said oops my bad and he was ignored is very funny. He's started something that no-one can finish! Well maybe if there was a zombie invasion but I'm not holding my breath.

BTW Yea and its great, rock on Davina zombie!!

RAM original.gif

The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.    
-Henri Bergson

A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things, but cannot receive great ones.    -Lord Chesterfield

We cannot see things that stare us in the face until the hour comes that the mind is ripened.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#49    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

Nessies 2nd Cousin on Oct 28 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

I know bat_fish, the fact that the OP even said oops my bad and he was ignored is very funny. He's started something that no-one can finish! Well maybe if there was a zombie invasion but I'm not holding my breath.

BTW Yea and its great, rock on Davina zombie!!

RAM original.gif

I know, maybe one day we'll all be proved wrong by there being a zombie invasion, and someone will finally declare this stupid thing closed, but until then, might as well argue with a nice talkative brick wall. tongue.gif

Go Davina!Zombie !
Although, me and my friend had this conversation before, I thought she was one to start with! tongue.gif

Posted Image

#50    Nessies 2nd Cousin

Nessies 2nd Cousin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

No one knows what botox like injections shes having, or whats in them, HEY it could be Solanum! But I'm starting to think everyone should stop arguing over who's right and who's wrong and start giving more evidence instead of voicing simply opinions which don't have any evidence. ASK WHY not HOW!!  

Ok rant over tongue.gif Can we please close this now, can we safely call this thing a draw and move on tongue.gif

RAM original.gif

-Henri Bergson

A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things, but cannot receive great ones.    -Lord Chesterfield

We cannot see things that stare us in the face until the hour comes that the mind is ripened.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#51    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

OH MY GOD DAVINA MCCALL IS HAVING SOLANUM INJECTIONS!
Now there's a proper zombie thread I want to see.  yes.gif

Yes I agree, our lives would all benefit from the end of this thread, or at least some real, unrefutable evidence for or against the topic. The whole, does a Solanum-like virus actually exist, not this vegetable-genus-become-a-zombie-through-eating-a-tatie bull****. If people stopped wanting to prove others wrong on principal, rather than the actual subject matter, and arguing over who's right and who's not, we might actually get somewhere.  thumbsup.gif
Somebody save us from the people who have no idea what they're talking about! unsure.gif

Can we please close this now, can we safely call this thing a draw and move on

I'll second that! tongue.gif

Posted Image

#52    Nessies 2nd Cousin

Nessies 2nd Cousin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

CASE CLOSED

Now everyone run away and cover your ears before someone speaks up against us!!

tongue.gif RAM

-Henri Bergson

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#53    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,591 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

No serously it is a plant but also found in plants.
I know someone who would like to send you some information soon.

#54    Bez

Bez

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

• Terrorists have feelings too!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

i am zombiecus

Hugs for Terrorists

#55    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

I accept the possibility of such a virus...

#56    Mystic3885

Mystic3885

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

ok, signed up specifically to reply to this because I've been a non believer, but still paranoid about, the existance of zombies. Yes, I read the book, and spent hours researching the "Solanum Virus" in government, scientific, and research sites.  Solanum is a plant genus, but the various viruses that attack the plants, causing mottling, lesions, "bleeding" wounds and various other "zombie-like" qualities typically associated with the movie **EDIT** are in fact real. The virus described in the book does not claim that "solanum" is the actually name of the virus itself, only that a scientist called it this, probably assuming that it was a mutation of the viruses affecting these species. I do not endorse this as proof that the book is real, however, there are many virus that can mimic the symptoms of zombism, and anyone with half a mind knows that viruses do mutate on a constant basis.  I encourage all of you to learn to think for yourselves rather than simply accepting that there is no threat or that there is based on what the god in the tv tells you. I, before my daughter was born, was majoring in genetics in college before being forced to drop out. Knowing viruses mutate is what caused my own fears, not some hollywood hyped up horror movie. As far as a giant government cover up, not likely with something so supposedly wide spread. But being lied to about what's really going on, it's happened time and time again. Propaganda is an evil thing. Only knowledge can defeat it. Turn off the tube and open a damned book.

**The language filters are there for a reason.**

Edited by aquatus1, 19 May 2009 - 06:09 PM.
Profanity.

#57    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Welcome aboard, Mystic.  I hope you enjoy your stay at U, and I know you will find lots of topics in all sorts of field that may strike your fancy.

That said, perhaps you might find more discussion in a more current topic, rather than one that hasn't been responded in since last year (although oddly appropriate for a zombie topic).

#58    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

Blue_army on Oct 28 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

You could go to your local Science lab in your captiol.
But they wont show it perosnally but they have pictures.

It is not a real virus.

The only real Solanum in science is the plants known as nightshades, horsenettles and relatives

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#59    zombeikiller

zombeikiller

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• 2012 not the end. just the beging of the war aginst demons. "So lock and load! Take as many as you can with you!"

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

The truth you all have been looking for is both yes and no. also pardon my spelling
the truth is that you can make such a virus. sienctise have been working on how the brain can live even after the body has died.
and how such a thing can go into there research on how humans can live longer and can make one immortal.
It is possible to make a virus as sience has shown in the years. and it is possible for one to be immortal.
for a virus can change RNA And DNA And can have various effects on the human body. as i will tell you now.  if you can make a virus or gentically engeneer a virus which sience has proven. then you can make it where it can help the human body stay rejuvanated on a dayley basiss.
also some virus can replace and kill the human bodys cell. but if you can make it where it can help but kill your red blood cells only or not and works like the red blood cells. like that hting they take from unborn children. but if you could make it hlep keep you alive or even make you immortal then you have a imortallity serum. also you would want to make it where it will die if enters another person. so you make it copy or change the type of blood sample one would need for a transfusion like it can change the blood type inside the human body to one like lets call it F and it won't beable to be transfered to any one without that type of cell thing. and it could have both negative and hlepfull effects on the brain. so there must be alot of testing befor selling it to tose with the money. and soon a cheap knock off of such a serum will have many negative effects on one mind if it was stolen dureing the early stages or if it was made from a to bit sientist which make people or recently dead people come to life that have not had there body fulids drained repaired and do's infact bring a need to feed process into the mix but have the ability to think in some degree. and is able to effect any one it come in contact with.  also i could still have the effect that they need to eat to live or not. and shoting them in the head could work to maybe. but remmeber that such a thing could be tested in africa. which noone really cares much about. and can be easily contained. ifthe host do just need to eat to live. and there is something in the human flesh that makes canables want to eat humans and there a parasite that can make ones blood coagulate and cause zombiefication in a sence you kindof dead but not and you do you normal things that you always have done. and nothing else and don't talk as much or anything. but its rare for one to get such a parrisite now a days unless your in the amazon of africa.

#60    bunkerman

bunkerman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

you are somewhat true but in the christian bible revelation  37-45 it says that in the end of the world he will send down a virus that will make you want to eat any living thing..... HELLLLOOOOO solanum at its best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users