Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

How do you summon a Goetic Demon?

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#286    sokaro

sokaro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

Yorgmiester on May 19 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

You asked 'how do i know',now i ask 'how do you know'?How do you know that those things you tried are supposed to work?Because the book or wherever you got them said so?How do you know that there are no requirements?How do you know one just needs to do things properly?If you say you have never been able to summon a demon,then how can you know what it takes to summon one?Make sure that you know before accusing someone else of not knowing.

As for demons not existing,the fact that you can't summon one doesn't mean they don't exist.That seems rather arrogant too me.

- You asked 'how do i know',now i ask 'how do you know'?

Well I don't want to confuse anyone there.  I think I take a less arrogant position on this one than you do.  I don't know for certain, which is why in the past I have said that they "probably don't exist" instead of saying that they definitely don't exist.  In other words that they probably definitely don't exist.  However, I was wanting to match the logic you were giving, which is flawed mainly because of its absolute nature, which is why I stated that "they don't exist", being an antithesis of "they do exist".  You're a Christian right?  I then see your necessity in believing in demons in an absolute way.

- How do you know that those things you tried are supposed to work?

According to these certain texts, they are supposed to work.  You perform the ritual correctly and it is supposed to work.  They aren't very complicated events really.

- If you say you have never been able to summon a demon,then how can you know what it takes to summon one

Well, I know what it supposedly takes to summon one, based on the texts and rituals involved.  The inability to do could mean a number of things, but probably that they don't exist, especially when the criteria is met (not a difficult thing to do if you read this stuff).

- Make sure that you know before accusing someone else of not knowing.

Not knowing what?  How to invoke demons, angels, etc.?  I know several ways.

Anyway, I have also tried to find anyone else that has evidence of demon summoning being a real phenomena.  With no luck.  When I go to forums, no one says much really.  Crowley and some guy with him apparently once really summoned one, but then when you read more into it the event becomes suspicious.  So, all in all it's quite ho-hum.  I think I agree with Lovecraft a bit when he talks about how "real" grimoires are quite a letdown.  He invented his own (the Necronomicon) which was supposedly a fun thing for him to do.

One more interesting thing, these medieval grimoires are quite Christian centered.  You tend to invoke the names of Christ, the holy spirit, etc. for certain reasons.  Protection being one of them.

Edited by sokaro, 19 May 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#287    Fairy bye bye

Fairy bye bye

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Isensee on May 19 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

*sighs*

Wouldn't it be a million times easier to get a puppy? Though after reading all those things, the OP doesn't seem like a very stable and dependable petowner. Try talking to a professional therapist?

And no, I don't think demons exist.

I agree, puppies hold the key to happiness. My concern with these people getting a puppy is whether they will try and use it in a ritual.

Posted Image

#288    Yorgmiester

Yorgmiester

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

• Wha wha wha whaaaaaaaat???!!!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

sokaro on May 19 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

- You asked 'how do i know',now i ask 'how do you know'?

Well I don't want to confuse anyone there.  I think I take a less arrogant position on this one than you do.  I don't know for certain, which is why in the past I have said that they "probably don't exist" instead of saying that they definitely don't exist.  In other words that they probably definitely don't exist.  However, I was wanting to match the logic you were giving, which is flawed mainly because of its absolute nature, which is why I stated that "they don't exist", being an antithesis of "they do exist".  You're a Christian right?  I then see your necessity in believing in demons in an absolute way.

- How do you know that those things you tried are supposed to work?

According to these certain texts, they are supposed to work.  You perform the ritual correctly and it is supposed to work.  They aren't very complicated events really.

- If you say you have never been able to summon a demon,then how can you know what it takes to summon one

Well, I know what it supposedly takes to summon one, based on the texts and rituals involved.  The inability to do could mean a number of things, but probably that they don't exist, especially when the criteria is met (not a difficult thing to do if you read this stuff).

- Make sure that you know before accusing someone else of not knowing.

Not knowing what?  How to invoke demons, angels, etc.?  I know several ways.

Anyway, I have also tried to find anyone else that has evidence of demon summoning being a real phenomena.  With no luck.  When I go to forums, no one says much really.  Crowley and some guy with him apparently once really summoned one, but then when you read more into it the event becomes suspicious.  So, all in all it's quite ho-hum.  I think I agree with Lovecraft a bit when he talks about how "real" grimoires are quite a letdown.  He invented his own (the Necronomicon) which was supposedly a fun thing for him to do.

One more interesting thing, these medieval grimoires are quite Christian centered.  You tend to invoke the names of Christ, the holy spirit, etc. for certain reasons.  Protection being one of them.

Perhaps i jumped the gun a little.You obviously know a bit more about this subject than i do thumbsup.gif

But i still maintain that demons do exist,and that they could be summoned.Obviously not through any means most of us know,but probably through some kind of satanic ritual.It makes sense that you would need to 'be friends with the master',to have access to his servants.Of course this is from a christian viewpoint than demons are the devil's servants,rather then the view that they are simply another kind of spirit.But i think most of us will agree that whatever demons are,they are malevolent and not to be messed with.

"Hmmm... The people in Canada aren't dieing as fast as i hoped they would." - Michael Nash

#289    LIGhostChick

LIGhostChick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Just so you're aware infinitemind, the Djinn are NOT a race of demons.

#290    Nachtmahr

Nachtmahr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

• I will show you, the Greatest Nightmare!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

Infinitemind on Jan 13 2007, 02:30 PM, said:

I need help with summoning Goetic demons. I want to talk to demons and understand this race, which coexist with us. I need help in understandind who i am.
I read a few stuff about them. It could be any demon, please help me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetia

The other thing i wanted to say was that demons are really Djinns and there are no such things as spirits. Many people think that when people die, their spirits float around.
The Djinns are often misunderstood for spirits. Why are people so stupid?

linked-image

It's rather amusing when a guy (or girl) rants on about stuff like that and then claims that others are stupid because they don't believe it. Summoning demons is definitely not a smart thing to do. They will torment and hound you to your grave. Not to mention threaten your loved ones.

"Won't it be dull when we rid ourselves
of all these demons haunting us?"
-BNL

#291    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

Hmmmm.... If you mean Mefisto you should change your name to Faust, Dr. Faust..... as in the play by a certain Mr. Goethe

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#292    Nachtmahr

Nachtmahr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

• I will show you, the Greatest Nightmare!

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

questionmark on May 21 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

Hmmmm.... If you mean Mefisto you should change your name to Faust, Dr. Faust..... as in the play by a certain Mr. Goethe

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/doctorfaustus/summary.html
You mean this?

"Won't it be dull when we rid ourselves
of all these demons haunting us?"
-BNL

#293    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Nachtmahr on May 21 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

Ehm, yes Faustus is the latinized version of Faust (BTW there was a quack by that name in the 1600s that sold miracle cures and magical potions in Germany and the Netherlands, and that character served as mold to Goethe)

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#294    LIGhostChick

LIGhostChick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

Whether you believe in demons or not... someone asking for help to summon demons because they're lonely or misunderstood is one of the strangest & most alarming requests I've heard in a very very long time. What goes on in people's heads? It seems like this person has watched too many movies where its glamourized. If a real demon was to be summoned out of boredom or to fit in, it probably would rip  you to shreds.

#295    Yorgmiester

Yorgmiester

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

LIGhostChick on May 23 2008, 08:37 PM, said:

Whether you believe in demons or not... someone asking for help to summon demons because they're lonely or misunderstood is one of the strangest & most alarming requests I've heard in a very very long time. What goes on in people's heads? It seems like this person has watched too many movies where its        ized. If a real demon was to be summoned out of boredom or to fit in, it probably would rip  you to shreds.

I agree.Demons aren't dark-haired,sexy,seductresses or misunderstood anime heroes with big black wings and a huge sword.They don't like you,they hate you.They won't give you pleasure,they will give you pain.And they won't do your will either.

"Hmmm... The people in Canada aren't dieing as fast as i hoped they would." - Michael Nash

#296    Mr_Innuendo

Mr_Innuendo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

You want to meet demons?

Either:

1) Join some weird-psuedo-powerofchristcompelsyou Cult.
2) Draw a crude, red monster on some paper, get high, look at it.
3) Draw a crude, red monster on some paper, get drunk, look at it.
4) Play Oblivion.

#297    chrisfreak

chrisfreak

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Real men drink beer, eat meat and listen to metal

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

Damn, why people keep replying this thread?

#298    Yorgmiester

Yorgmiester

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:33 AM

Mr_Innuendo on May 25 2008, 08:20 PM, said:

You want to meet demons?

Either:

1) Join some weird-psuedo-powerofchristcompelsyou Cult.
2) Draw a crude, red monster on some paper, get high, look at it.
3) Draw a crude, red monster on some paper, get drunk, look at it.
4) Play Oblivion.

The last one offers the most enjoyable experience and it won't cause you physical harm happy.gif

#299    LIGhostChick

LIGhostChick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

chrisfreak on May 25 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

Damn, why people keep replying this thread?

lol it's like a horrible train wreck... you know you should turn away & move on but it's curiosity that keeps us reading these idiotic posts.

#300    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:11 AM

Infinitemind on Jan 13 2007, 01:30 PM, said:

I need help with summoning Goetic demons. I want to talk to demons and understand this race, which coexist with us. I need help in understandind who i am.
I read a few stuff about them. It could be any demon, please help me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetia

The other thing i wanted to say was that demons are really Djinns and there are no such things as spirits. Many people think that when people die, their spirits float around.
The Djinns are often misunderstood for spirits. Why are people so stupid?

linked-image

So you want not just one demon but 72/ and you want to place them in a bronze vessel as King Soloman did? is that what your saying as referencing a Goetic demon ? you should clarify your thread and your propose that your seeking why did you specifically pick this Goetic class? hmm.gif

Edited by Aanica, 28 May 2008 - 05:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users