Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Unexplained reflection in astronauts visor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#46    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

crystal sage,

If you pulled my leg any harder, it would come off.

grin2.gif   I'm watching the video now... it looks good!!! believable...

It's always bothered me how phones could work then...when even now my mobile phone often drops out...

and  then ... all these people who's gut instinct tells them that some sort of  hoax was involved....  something just feels odd about it all...

To believe in this seems to me to take a great leap in faith that the government is telling the whole truth!!!!

#47    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,940 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

Good to see you have done your research Crystal Sage. That first video you have linked to is a well known mockumentary... it is a fake, a comedy.

The third link shows the space station from 2001, what does that prove?

The fourth link has nothing to do with the moon hoax theory at all. It is an article about how science fiction can drive peoples expectations of spaceflight.

The last link is the most weird as it is the Google search results for damage caused to the brain by cocaine use. ??

That just leaves the second link and the cut and paste from it. That passage offers not one fact, not a single piece of evidence to back up anything it says.

What any of this has to do with the reflection in the visor I have no clue at all.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#48    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:32 PM

Good to see you have done your research Crystal Sage. That first video you have linked to is a well known mockumentary... it is a fake, a comedy.

The third link shows the space station from 2001, what does that prove?

The fourth link has nothing to do with the moon hoax theory at all. It is an article about how science fiction can drive peoples expectations of spaceflight.

The last link is the most weird as it is the Google search results for damage caused to the brain by cocaine use. ??

That just leaves the second link and the cut and paste from it. That passage offers not one fact, not a single piece of evidence to back up anything it says.

What any of this has to do with the reflection in the visor I have no clue at all.

rolleyes.gif

Well it certainly seemed more real to me /believable than the  official info...  

the third link is worth looking at  the movie 2001 for similarities in the photos...photography style... props being reused.... ?staged scenes!!!     cool.gif

#49    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,940 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

rolleyes.gif

Well it certainly seemed more real to me /believable than the  official info...

Doesn't that tell you something?

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#50    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

http://www.hardyart.demon.co.uk/pages-extra/moonhoax.html

Info...for and against....

I just think that maybe the film may have not turned out and that they had to be reshot convincingly....  or maybe they brought the camera,.,,and forgot the film... or that the atmospheric conditions destroyed the film...as alluded to in the above video....many things... it's just that there is something not quite right there.. eg like when you watch a movie and there is a really weak actor that spoils the continuity..of the movie...

#51    AtomicDog

AtomicDog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• NASA Disinfo Agent

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:33 AM

2001 Gaffes and Glitches

From the link:

"the dust from the Aries moonship would not have billowed up in the manner shown (though it does so impressively, ironically reinforcing our sense of scale and 'reality' in the shot), as in a vacuum there is nothing for dust to hang about in -- the Apollo landings have shown us this first-hand -- in the real lunar landings the dust flew out in a sheet rather than billowing up."

"as Bowman goes to disconnect HAL, (in zero g) he has to climb a ladder from the pod bay -- resting his weight on each step, rather than simply pulling himself up."

IMDB: Goofs for 2001: A Space Odyssey

From the link:

"Factual errors: The earth should appear closer to the horizon at Clavius than at Tycho, not vice versa."

"Factual errors: In the scene on the Earth Shuttle where the attendant enters the passenger cabin and moves towards Dr. Heywood, she stumbles while trying to walk carefully along the walkway. The nature of the misstep reveals that she is not weightless."

"Factual errors: In the boardroom at the Clavius Moonbase, the men move around as if they are walking in a one G environment instead of the one sixth G that exists on the moon."

Kubrick did a good job, better than any moviemaker before had done, but 2001 would never fool anyone who knew anything about spaceflight. So to say that he could pull off a hoax using the same moviemaking technology and that it could fool people 40 years later is problematic.

#52    AtomicDog

AtomicDog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• NASA Disinfo Agent

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:37 AM

http://www.hardyart.demon.co.uk/pages-extra/moonhoax.html
Info...for and against....

I just think that maybe the film may have not turned out and that they had to be reshot convincingly....  or maybe they brought the camera,.,,and forgot the film... or that the atmospheric conditions destroyed the film...as alluded to in the above video....many things... it's just that there is something not quite right there.. eg like when you watch a movie and there is a really weak actor that spoils the continuity..of the movie...

You know, don't you, that the link you are posting is from one that believes that the Apollo landings happened as stated in the historical record? In fact, it very neatly debunks most of the Apollo Hoax talking points.

Edited by AtomicDog, 09 February 2007 - 01:40 AM.

#53    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:22 AM

You know, don't you, that the link you are posting is from one that believes that the Apollo landings happened as stated in the historical record? In fact, it very neatly debunks most of the Apollo Hoax talking points.

So????

I'm not saying that they did or didn't.. I'm just posting lots of views..impressions...so that we can look at both sides....and decide for ourselves...I wasn't part of the team...so only 'they' the participants  can know for sure....and everyone has to follow their own gut feelings... or stretch their own belief systems....

I was just saying that to me something just doesn't seem right...  Look I totally repect the bravery of the astronauts... they are like modern pioneers..with a huge support system....

Look I believe in Ghosts... spirits...  magic ...and all sorts of things... so it's no stretch for me to believe that man landed on the moon... actually by now I was hoping we'ed be living life similar to the Jetsons...  grin2.gif

Edited by crystal sage, 09 February 2007 - 05:23 AM.

#54    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:54 AM

...actually by now I was hoping we'ed be living life similar to the Jetsons...  grin2.gif

Yeah.  I want my flying car, and I want it NOW!

grin2.gif

#55    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,642 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Yeah.  I want my flying car, and I want it NOW!

No thanks.  I live in Florida.  I have enough on my hands with the way some of our more elderly citizens use normal cars, let alone flying ones.

#56    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

No thanks.  I live in Florida.  I have enough on my hands with the way some of our more elderly citizens use normal cars, let alone flying ones.

Hey, I think that stands just about wherever you are in the U.S.!

I cannot imagine most drivers at the controls of a flying machine.  I'd likely be walking all the time if everyone was flying their cars around.

#57    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,538 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:44 PM

I cannot imagine most drivers at the controls of a flying machine.  I'd likely be walking all the time if everyone was flying their cars around.

With my luck I'd probably be crushed (while walking) because someone decided to "park" their flying car!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#58    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

crystal sage,

If you pulled my leg any harder, it would come off.

Me too...

Oh my...

Kubrick's relentless perfectionism is evident throughout the Apollo production, from the chilling "1201 alarm" during the final seconds of the Eagle's descent to the lunar surface, right down to the lunar dust covering the astronaut's EVA suites
The drama is intense.
Actually, no one watching on the TV, had any idea what the program alarms were, or that there was even a concern about them.  The chilling 1201 alarm during the final seconds of eagle's descent never existed.

My own records from that day indicate that the first of 4 executive overload program alarms occurred at 4:42 in the powered descent of Eagle.   It was a 1202.   There was another at 6:03.   A 1201 at 9:06, and another 1202 at 9:30.

Engine cutoff was at 12:31, 3 minutes after the final 1202.  Thus, there was no alarm in the final seconds.
There was however, some tension in the MOCR, as they were way long on the timeline and Bob Carlton at the CONTROL console was just about to call 15 seconds (of fuel remaining, by his calculations) when shutdown occurred.

The only chilling thing happening in that silent room at 3:17:42 CDT on July 20, 1969 was the chill that resulted from a bunch of guys holding their breath for about a minute...they were in fact starting to turn blue.

An interesting side note: Kubrick is well-known for his interest in theoretical mathematics. During breaks in the filming of the Apollo missions, Kubrick would often dabble in orbital mechanics, frequently consulting with Werner von Braun who lived in Huntsville at the time.

After several of these sessions, Kubrick inadvertently derived an elegant solution to the "free return trajectory" problem -- the very problem that prevented NASA from completing a real moon mission in the first place.

Of course!  A movie producer inadvertently derived an elegant soution to the free-return trajectory 'problem' which prevented us from going to the Moon... grin2.gif

Free return trajectory was not a problem, nor was it necessary to go to the Moon.   It was merely prudent (and not all that hard to attain), especially for the initial lunar missions.   We went to the Moon without one on Apollo 13, because we couldn't and get where we needed to be to land at Fra Mauro.

We changed it to one after the incident...

The things people come up with!

#59    Snozzberry

Snozzberry

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

• the snozzberries taste like snozzberries

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:04 AM

I was more concerned with the reflection in the visor of the other astronaut

linked-image
When you reallllly zoom in
linked-image

That makes little to almost no sense at all. Why would NASA choose Elvis to play one of the astronauts? It makes absolutely no sense. Your photo is obviously fake and I just proved it to be.
I just debunked your post, how's it feel?

I'm back. And meaner than ever.

#60    the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

I just debunked your post, how's it feel?

If this is the level of seriousness you bring to the discussion, I'm really surprised that people here are not ignoring you...

Edited by the_UNKNOWN_DEAD, 11 February 2007 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users