Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Here's the final list of band names

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats the best band name? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Whats the best band name?

1. Going Postal (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

2. Escape From Noise (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. Groping For Grace (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

4. Zygote (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

5. Special Ed (10 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:30 PM

This is the bands final list of names,one of these will become our name.

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#2    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:52 AM

all i have to say is that if you chose a name that you and your band did not come up with then how can you consider your self an artist, no disrespect, but bands need to come up with lyrics and beats, if you cant even come up with your own name, a name that should represent the band, then thats bad, only the band could possibly know what represents them, not faceless people on an internet forum, just my .02

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#3    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:54 AM

These are our own band names doofus tongue.gif We just wanted a public insight to see what was popular.thanx for voting folks thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#4    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:23 AM

I actually dont listen to music . Seriously , none .  gunsmilie.gif  

Posted Image

#5    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:30 AM

Well each to his own i say.

Posted Image

#6    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (seeking @ Nov 18 2003, 01:52 AM)
all i have to say is that if you chose a name that you and your band did not come up with then how can you consider your self an artist, no disrespect, but bands need to come up with lyrics and beats, if you cant even come up with your own name, a name that should represent the band, then thats bad, only the band could possibly know what represents them, not faceless people on an internet forum, just my .02

well now, thats not very nice. especially coming from one who only uses  commas for punctuation.  Here are some tips for that. You wouldnt want to be a run-on sentence criminal now would you?

1. We can replace the comma with a semi-colon.

2. We can replace the comma with a co-ordinating conjunction (and, but, or, for, yet, nor, or so).

3. We can replace the comma with a subordinating conjunction (e.g., after, although, before, unless, as, because, even though, if, since, until, when, while).

Hope that helps. And Keep  up the flattering comments as they are quite amusing.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#7    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:32 AM

Moe made me smile. laugh.gif  

Nothing to see here.

#8    *MoG*

*MoG*

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

• 2008 - Year of the MoG

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:59 PM

Moe,

your not my old english teacher are you?

(Mrs Venus, commonly known by students as 'The V.E.T.' Venus English Teacher)

I note your <- says 'male' but as no-one has actually admitted physical confirmation that Mrs Venus was a 'Mrs' (if you get my meaning) and it could go either way on the looks department, so I was just wondering.

No way do I mean you are effeminate or remotely woman like, but The V.E.T. was very manly. wacko.gif

K? sad.gif  

#9    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:47 PM

Escape from noise thumbsup.gif  

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#10    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (thefirstman @ Nov 18 2003, 01:54 AM)
These are our own band names doofus tongue.gif We just wanted a public insight to see what was popular.thanx for voting folks thumbsup.gif

ok, but still to the fact, you should decide on your own name if you can come up with it on your own, why do you need people to choose one for you, even if you did come up with it on your own?  are you going to ask people what verse you should use as well because it may be more popular?

----

and i fail to see the connection between me expressing my opinion on something and punctuation

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#11    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:02 PM

Listen Seeking carefully....we wanted a public insight to what the public thought of all the name's,we were still going to choose our own,we weren't doing this so you guy's could choose for us,that would just be plain dumb.

and i fail to see the connection between me expressing my opinion on something and punctuation

Well you being of a lower intellectual capacity than the rest of us,i shall explain.Your lack of punctuation make's it harder for others to read,therefore making it more difficult for others to get your point.Simple as that.

not faceless people on an internet forum

I consider these "faceless"people as you call them,to be very nice,sophisticated fellow's worthy of everybody's trust,i ask you not to insult them,and/or me.

Posted Image

#12    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:18 PM

here, here. (sorry for the comma, moe!)

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

#13    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:03 PM

Moe,

your not my old english teacher are you?

Mystic Mog,
   My majors are  in Early childhood education and child psychology. None of them are completed majors so  I dont see how I could have been your teacher. Maybe if I move to England someday I will be your children's teacher. In the unlikey event that that does happen, I will be sure to teach them about run-on sentences. And just for you, I will attempt to keep my gender a mystery to them as well.

Not only did you fail to see the connection, but you also failed to make the correction.  You are still using run on sentances.
Ernest Hemingway used the run on sentance rather sucessfully to express his opinions. But comparing you to Hemingway, seeking, would be like comparing Tupac Shakur to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

here, here. (sorry for the comma, moe!)

Golam,  no need to apologize, your use, of the, comma, is appropriate, I just have, an errk , for overly judgemental people, like , seeking, who make insensitive remarks about others, with no basis , other than assumption.

Cheers Golam! thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#14    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:34 PM

Ernest Hemingway used the run on sentance rather sucessfully to express his opinions. But comparing you to Hemingway, seeking, would be like comparing Tupac Shakur to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

#15    Battlestar Scralatchtica

Battlestar Scralatchtica

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• So Epic

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:46 PM

For thefirstman:
I like the name special ed sounds like a punk rock band name.
alien.gif  alien.gif  alien.gif  

FACT: Twilight is for preteens and fat goth chicks that shop at Hot Topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users