Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

global warming

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    The_Atheist_Mind

The_Atheist_Mind

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

• Do you have the documents to prove it?

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

i would like to say that we cannot do anything about global warming    we are all going to die    please  prove me wrong

Wow... That's expensive... Must be good! *Buys satellite TV from overpriced distributor.*
*Watches a premium channel.* Oh dear... This is the same as what my friend got! *Looks down, frustrated.* Oh! A link!
A link to affordable television! Cheaper than you might expect...

#2    Mr Black

Mr Black

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

• If the Avvie made you smile once, i'm happy

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

Theres a thread floating around about this already with some pretty interesting things in, ill see if i can find it again...

*WARNING* - Expect typos!

JB FAQ

* I have a dry sense of humour, any sarcasm that offends was not meant to do so.
    * I am a sceptic at heart, however am open minded to new ideas and experiences
    * If i dont reply ive probably lost track of the thread overnight and cannot be bothered to trawl through new posts

#3    The_Atheist_Mind

The_Atheist_Mind

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

• Do you have the documents to prove it?

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

well we are all going to die    unless someone can find an answer. . .   the permafrost melting at the icecaps. . .    itll end in like 50 years    enjoy your medium-length lives. . .

Wow... That's expensive... Must be good! *Buys satellite TV from overpriced distributor.*
*Watches a premium channel.* Oh dear... This is the same as what my friend got! *Looks down, frustrated.* Oh! A link!
A link to affordable television! Cheaper than you might expect...

#4    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,365 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, I bet within 100 years we're all dead ....... wink2.gif  

People don't die from global warming.  But they do die as a result of human ineptitude, arrogance, ignorance and avarice.

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#5    Mr Black

Mr Black

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

well we are all going to die    unless someone can find an answer. . .   the permafrost melting at the icecaps. . .    itll end in like 50 years    enjoy your medium-length lives. . .

Your a bundle of joy then! lol only J/K........the ozone is reportedly fixing its self slowly but surely, i posted the details in the last thread about this.

JB FAQ

* I have a dry sense of humour, any sarcasm that offends was not meant to do so.
    * If i dont reply ive probably lost track of the thread overnight and cannot be bothered to trawl through new posts

#6    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

I would agree that life causes death.

#7    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Theres a thread floating around about this already with some pretty interesting things in, ill see if i can find it again...

Is global warming a hoax? By yours truly

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 16 January 2007 - 05:59 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#8    Mr Black

Mr Black

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

Is global warming a hoax? By yours truely

That may be it, there have been so many i lose track

JB FAQ

#9    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

Why would we all die because of global warming?  Certainly, a great many lives are going to be overturned, but it's hardly an extinction event.  Massive climate changes happen regularly.

#10    punish3ment

punish3ment

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• I choose death before dishonour, I'd rather die than live down on my knees

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:40 PM

Isn't one way to absorb CO2 in the air ash. Aparantally, ash absorbs CO2, but not alot of it. There is a chemical which can absorb alot of CO2, but it's way to expensive for factory owners to use. Can't we just put a giant ice cube in the north pole like they did in Furturama?

Posted Image
"I dress to kill, but tastefully." -- Freddie Mercury

#11    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

Even if it is a mass extinction event, these things do n ot happen in a short space of time, the fastest mass exitinction was the Permian-Triassic mass extinction which lasted just under one million years.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#12    Bearly

Bearly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• And He who made kittens, put snakes in the grass, He's a lover of Life, but a player of pawns...

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

Your a bundle of joy then! lol only J/K........the ozone is reportedly fixing its self slowly but surely, i posted the details in the last thread about this.

The ozone hole has almost nothing to do with global warming.  There is another thread in urban myths about dying from the ozone hole, but that is not going to happen either.  

CFC's causes the decay of ozone which filters out uv radiation, while green house gases such as carbon dioxide and methane trap heat which leads to higher temperatures.

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

Yes we are all going to die. Likely from some kind of illenss or injury, but there is a 100% mortality rate to life. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The good news is that it likely will not have anything to do with global warming.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#14    Reincarnated

Reincarnated

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

We have to worry about our children and grandchildren & so on, not us.

#15    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

exactly, which is why I'm against the Global Warming Hysteria Industry and its pursuit of policy that will be damaging to my kids and grandkids future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users