Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

planet x

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:51 PM

As I was reading the posts, I was also wondering what constitutes the classification of a planet.

On a side note, if they consider our moon as a planet, why not then all the other moons in the solar system?  ;D

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#32    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 25 October 2002 - 10:30 AM

a planet is a single mass that orbits a star, our sun (i say single mass because the asteroid belt isn't a planet)

a moon is a single mass that orbits a planet (our natural satellite :))

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#33    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 10:45 AM

tep a planet is a heavenly body with its own orbit around the sun and our moon is a satelite with an orbit which travels around a planet .
I can't remember whwere the thread is but somebody posted an interesting article on  a heavenly body with a horse shoe orbit , that may possibly become a second moon to earth. What cattegorie does this fall under as it doesn't appear to fit into either orbit category? Is this the tenth planet?

#34    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 11:07 AM

no it's not the tenth planet  . I just found the news story and silly me it's an asteroid  oops :se

#35    Electro

Electro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 11:44 PM

I'm a bit miffed actually because I've been hunting around for the story I read a couple of days ago. I think its somewhere on http://www.bbc.co.uk although I'm not sure.

Anyhow, to the point. It outlines a theory that there may well be a brown dwarf very close to our solar system capable of influencing a cluster of known asteroids comprising the Oort Cloud. The theory states that the brown dwarf forms a binary system with our own sun and that every 26-30 million years or so the brown dwarf intercepts the Oort Cloud and disloges asteroids sending them careering into our sun, through our obital path at a rate of about 1,000 asteroid per year for a period of one million years.

Anyhow, I've found a link now to some interesting letter posted on the web at http://www.cyberspac...om/nemhyp2.htm. If you want to look futher into this then do a search on google for something like "nemesis" or "extinction theory brown dwarf," which is the search I carried out.

Thanks, Electro.

#36    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:22 AM

I just thought I would drag this old thing back out of the closet  because today is the 15th of May the day that planet -x- is supposed to wizz past earth and cause unsermountable amounts of havoc . Well according to Nancy Lieder and some group called Zeta Talk  . unsure.gif

So hows your day been then ? smile.gif                                                  

#37    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 06:59 PM

I asked around about this planet X and I came up with some interesting theories. Here is one from a friend that goes by "Tinfoil":
"Generation X's home planet..
There's a Planet Yuppie,too. You don't want to go there. They spent all their money,lost their Mastercards & Visa and have moved back home to live off their parents."

Here's another reply by a guy named Dan: Between planet W and Y
Y...because we like you....M O U S E......

This is what I came up with:
Planet X                                                  

#38    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 11:58 PM

Darn it I missed it again ... ohmy.gif

Doomsday postponed untill Thursday It's a late linkie  wink.gif                                                  

#39    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Ghostboo @ Jun 14 2002, 12:34 AM)
i recently read about a new planet in our solar system:planet x.people say that it will be the end of us.it will stop earth's rotation for exactly 3 days and cause immense heat on one side and freezing cold on the other.it is also believed that there are people living on it.the ones responsible for our evolution:the Sumarions.it is very interesting indeed that we will probably soon meet them.planet x revolves around the sun the opposite way of us,and goes inside of the orbits of earth and mars every 3,600 years.

Ghostboo

I have also read about this planet (that is also called nibiru or the 12th planet (Planet X is mostly used when you talk about the searth for this planet) and the people on it (they are not called sumerians tho, the sumerians is an old earth people) I have also read that this planet will come here very soon (and I mean very!! acording to an old calculation they will come here sometime in june (or may)) you can read more here: http://www.alienscalpel.com                                                  

Knowledge is power

#40    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 01:49 PM

sorry kimm, i cant find it                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#41    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

Ok I heres some better links:

Linkie

Linkie 2

Linkie 3

Linkie 4                                                  

Knowledge is power

#42    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 04:56 PM

Himmmm mellow.gif !!!
I think Homer got the web site ..
Just to remind you that this planet is coming soon ... it is said --> late May and early June ... I wish to see it smile.gif
And I do not care if the world ended .. but I want to see what is going to happen smile.gif  ... and if we did not die today we might die tomorrow wink.gif
I do not want to scare you guys but this is just my oppinion huh.gif                                                  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#43    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:23 AM

xheers for the sites kimm, they have some good info                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#44    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:02 PM

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]Planet X? Didn't that cartoon Martian live there?                                                      

#45    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:04 PM

thats right Marvin Martian did.                                                      

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users