Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hoax of global warming

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:23 AM

CO2 and temprature show a pretty linear relationship. And we are way past the co2 levels of any record in the past 800000 years.

linked-image

How on earth can we say what the carbon dioxide levels or weather was like 800000 years ago?

Edited by brave_new_world, 21 January 2007 - 06:30 AM.

Posted Image
The man of science is a poor philosopher.
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#17    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:29 AM

List them please.  Oh and thanks for calling me illogical and stupid, Iam's.  I knew you were always such a nice guy. (Hi sarcasm)

Oh, and list any credible scientists.  I'm curious.  I see people saying "These scientists! (lists and links) Say that there's global warming!"  And then there are people who say "These meteorologists and scientists (not listing a damned thing... infact this thread had the first link I've seen.  Then again, I don't look at all the damned global warming threads that are popping up faster then the "OMGS!! THE ANTICHRIST AND NWO!!!" threads...) say there is no such thing as global warming!"

Meanwhile, people who know that global warming means winter and summer are getting more extream and odd... (50 degrees in the Adirondacks in Janurary when it should be below freezing, what?  Along with it being 40 in Moscow when it should be -30, what?  WAIT!!  10 inches of snow in Arizona when it should be alot warmer then that...  Oh dear!")  are left shaking our heads because apparently everything is normal.  It's just a cycle... forget that it's stronger then any other cycles....

Want links?  Well I can't link the Adirondack thing.. since ya'know... I'm not linking the contact info for my family.   Moscow is an easy NPR link... bling   And the Arizona one, again, I'm not linking contact info for friends out there.  Quite sure there's a news article about it.  I'd have to google it, and I know how people love discrediting the use of google...

There are cycles that occur every twenty six thousand years according to the mayans. There could be cycles that happen so many millions of years who knows. But the earth and nature is in constant flux and change. Millions of years ago the Antartic used to RAINFORREST!@! Now it is all icecaps. Also The antartic is one and a half the size of Europe. That is a big continent to completely melt away. And in some parts the ice is getting thicker. So There is alot of conflicting information.

Let us not forget that in the seventies that Carl Sagan and other scientists had the world alarmed that the world was going to experience a nuclear winter.

People the weather is way too complex for the best of our technologies to predict any further than twelve hours from now let alone a hundred years.

Edited by brave_new_world, 21 January 2007 - 06:39 AM.

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#18    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

• If she has no need for lovers
    Then what's stopping her?

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

How on earth can we say what the carbon dioxide level or weather was like 800 000 years ago?

I think that I read somewhere that they tested the bubbles caught in the ice caps of Antartica.

I'll try to find a link....

Here we go. First sentence after Variations in the Past. Click Here

Edited by when.i.am.queen., 21 January 2007 - 06:35 AM.

Posted Image

#19    carini

carini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

How on earth can we say what the carbon dioxide levels or weather was like 800000 years ago?

Just follow iamqueens link. You can measure co2 levels based on ice core samples and by looking at isotope relationships of carbon 13 and carbon 14, there are other ways too.

They can do decent measurements up to 650 million year ago when co2 concentrations where much much higher then they are today, the difference is that we will hit 500ppm in the next 50 years which the planet will not be able to cope with rapidly.

65 million years ago co2 levels were at about 1000ppm and decreased to about 280 ppm before the industrial revolution started. But we are doubling the co2 in the atmosphere in the environment much faster then anything seen in recent history, i.e. the past 65 million years.

#20    adkchamp

adkchamp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:09 AM

ok people....why are we in such panic! Who cares about global warming....this world is gonna end in about 50 years (water shortage;no more resources and etc).....so like my friend said, stop worrying and have fun. WE ARE LIVING THE END OF THE WORLD, how coool is that!!

#21    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

ok people....why are we in such panic! Who cares about global warming....this world is gonna end in about 50 years (water shortage;no more resources and etc).....so like my friend said, stop worrying and have fun. WE ARE LIVING THE END OF THE WORLD, how coool is that!!

It would be cool...if anything you said was true. Water shortages? Seriously?

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#22    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:42 AM

Just follow iamqueens link. You can measure co2 levels based on ice core samples and by looking at isotope relationships of carbon 13 and carbon 14, there are other ways too.

They can do decent measurements up to 650 million year ago when co2 concentrations where much much higher then they are today, the difference is that we will hit 500ppm in the next 50 years which the planet will not be able to cope with rapidly.

65 million years ago co2 levels were at about 1000ppm and decreased to about 280 ppm before the industrial revolution started. But we are doubling the co2 in the atmosphere in the environment much faster then anything seen in recent history, i.e. the past 65 million years.

It is still educated guess work.

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

#23    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• 1,519 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:43 AM

Who cares about global warming....

Well, quite obviously the people who are responding to this topic. Hoax or not, it has to mean something to them or they wouldn't have bothered replying.

this world is gonna end in about 50 years (water shortage;no more resources and etc)
So no giant comet? War with Aliens? Wiped out by a mystery virus?
Come on! If you are going to make claims like that, at least make them credible tongue.gif

.....so like my friend said, stop worrying and have fun. WE ARE LIVING THE END OF THE WORLD, how coool is that!!

Uhuh, well, if it was actually happening , the fact that you are celebrating the death of billions of people I find slightly disturbing.

Anything else you would like to add?

Posted Image

#24    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• 1,519 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:46 AM

It is still educated guess work.

The exact numbers are, the trends are not. I think that it definitely implies that something is happening.

Posted Image

#25    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

Tell the former inhabitants of Lohachara Island that there is no such thing as global warming.  They just lost their island to rising see levels.  It is sad that some of the people I have seen post intelligent comments on this board, are saying we have nothing to do with global warming and it is just a cycle.  That freaks me out.  Like I said already in this thread, we are in a natural warming period, but our human activites are increaseing the warming at an alarming rate.  It is not egotistical to think we can have an impact on the planet.  It is just a fact.  Ever seen a photo of the earth at night?  Did you know more earth is moved by humans every year then natural processes?  Did you know the daming of rivers is effecting the spin of the planet?  

We are impacting our planet on a global scale.  We need to be careful because we are smart enough to do things on a global scale that we don't fully understand the consequences of.  We only have the one planet, it is better to play it safe than sorry on this one!!!  geek.gif

#26    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• 1,519 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:07 AM

Good on you Razer - I would have to say that your lack of apathy is heartwarming!

I know that it sounds silly advocating an Inconvenient Truth, but the majority of what he says is actually true.
If you can forget the fact that the guy is some washed up ex politician on some publicity stunt, he has something true to say. I digress.

What i really wanted to say was...I agree with Razer. Uhuh, I just took a long time writing it.

Edited by when.i.am.queen., 21 January 2007 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#27    YouMustLookToSee

YouMustLookToSee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Beliefs are dodgy

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

Well I am fairly new to this forum but here goes.....
Global warming should really be getting evened out by global dimming another phenomena with plenty of evidence to support it.
So the arguement is pretty hard to take a side on. The Earth is getting warmer and some ice is melting and some ice sheets are getting thicker but as far as I can gather from everything I have read, the 'general' trend is that there is a larger percentage melting then being re-frozen.
There are way to many gravitational and weather factors to gauge the rize and fall of the ocean on a couple of random islands the suit which ever theory you support.
Political propergander has rendered the media useless for any kind of real facts on the subject which kind of puts a spin on what people are starting to believe or not believe,.
Just an opinion. wink2.gif

#28    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• 1,519 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

Political propergander has rendered the media useless for any kind of real facts on the subject which kind of puts a spin on what people are starting to believe or not believe,.
Just an opinion. wink2.gif

Welcome to UM!

You forget one thing. Politicians have a reason for promoting all of this Global Warming hype. Because, if it is true, then very soon there will be very little people left to vote for them tongue.gif

Besides, I don't think its that bad.

Posted Image

#29    YouMustLookToSee

YouMustLookToSee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Beliefs are dodgy

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

You forget one thing. Politicians have a reason for promoting all of this Global Warming hype. Because, if it is true, then very soon there will be very little people left to vote for them tongue.gif

Heh' They are definatley thinkers these politians......... Though the direction they have the world headed I might just become a Reilian? haha

#30    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• 1,519 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

Heh' They are definatley thinkers these politians......... Though the direction they have the world headed I might just become a Reilian? haha

Ahh well you would be hoping that they were thinkers...considering that they are all but running our lives
tongue.gif

But...perhaps I give them to much credit?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users