Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Can a snake eat a human?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1    Serpent

Serpent

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Got these recently, sorry if its been posted before. Not sure where they're from (the guy in the picture with camera looks Asian) but it looks pretty real. What do you think? Possible? The last time we got a 'snake eats someone' story here, they killed the snake while it was in the midst of swallowing the guy. This snake seems to have managed to get the whole guy in.

Serpent

Attached Files

Edited by Lottie, 23 January 2007 - 12:21 PM.
removed due to image of death.

#2    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

Hi everyone,

Got these recently, sorry if its been posted before. Not sure where they're from (the guy in the picture with camera looks Asian) but it looks pretty real. What do you think? Possible? The last time we got a 'snake eats someone' story here, they killed the snake while it was in the midst of swallowing the guy. This snake seems to have managed to get the whole guy in.

Serpent

I think a large Boa or Anaconda would have no trouble eating a human, especially a smaller one.

#3    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:51 AM

The answer is yes, as said above the Anaconda most definitly has been responsible for human deaths. A 20 foot anaconda can eat a 7 foot croc, and animals such as deer, small cattle. A human that gets to close to the water, or stumbles across one in wait will have very little chance. They can wiegh many more times then an average man and trying to fight one off once it has you, good luck.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#4    glynne64

glynne64

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

~~Albert Einstein~~

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:52 AM

I think a larger boa or anaconda could.  If they are able to feed on deer, pigs, etc. why wouldn't they be able to feed on humans?  Big snake site   If ya want to find out...I'll go first!  Right after you.   wink2.gif

Posted Image
R U on the list?
HEROES HOMEPAGE

Good things seldom come in pairs.
Bad things never walk alone.
~Chinese proverb~

#5    El Barto

El Barto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:05 AM

On the National Geographic Channel they were talking about this.  There was a case where a park ranger or somebody came upon an anaconda eating a man in the forest.  He could hear a wierd gasping-like noise coming from the snake.  What that was, was a protruding air tube to assist in its breathing as it ate larger animals or people.  It appeared to be having trouble, though.  What happened was that the man was positioned in a certain way that the shoulders prevented the snake from eating the guy whole.  If he was positioned at a different angle, the snake could have had its fill.

#6    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Serpent

Yes green anacondas and reticulated pythons (the snake in those pics, but I heard that they were faked and the man lay there after a pig carcas was removed) and potentially Burmese pythons. No others as far as I am aware a really big enough.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#7    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

Yes green anacondas and reticulated pythons (the snake in those pics, but I heard that they were faked and the man lay there after a pig carcas was removed) and potentially Burmese pythons. No others as far as I am aware a really big enough.

I have heard that the pic was faked as well, but still a large anaconda can and will eat people givin the oppertunity.

#8    Libranaster

Libranaster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:53 AM

Well from my research it would take something like a full day for a snake to swallow a human being even a big snake. It would take days for a snake to digest a human and it is very possible that the snake would die from such a thing. This stuff looks pretty real, if it is not real it is still spine tingling.

#9    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:11 AM

Well from my research it would take something like a full day for a snake to swallow a human being even a big snake. It would take days for a snake to digest a human and it is very possible that the snake would die from such a thing. This stuff looks pretty real, if it is not real it is still spine tingling.

It would probably leave the snake exausted swallowing a human, maybe take a few hours maybe more, and after eating a meal like that it would diguest it over a period of weeks and might not have to eat for months. There is a video out there of a snake eating a baby hippo and that weighs far mor then I at 165 lbs. A human body is actualy a pefect food for a large snake, no horns, no fangs or claws let alone hooves. We are generaly slender where these creatures live. If I was a large constrictor I would go after humans all the time, far less dangerous minus the guns and what not.  

#10    Libranaster

Libranaster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:19 AM

It would probably leave the snake exausted swallowing a human, maybe take a few hours maybe more, and after eating a meal like that it would diguest it over a period of weeks and might not have to eat for months. There is a video out there of a snake eating a baby hippo and that weighs far mor then I at 165 lbs. A human body is actualy a pefect food for a large snake, no horns, no fangs or claws let alone hooves. We are generaly slender where these creatures live. If I was a large constrictor I would go after humans all the time, far less dangerous minus the guns and what not.

Thanks for that silver thong it has been a long time since I have researched this stuff and I wasn't sure on my facts. I do know that it happens especially in jungles and stuff because the snakes are really big out there. I suppose it depends on the type of snake too. I don't think human would be a food of choice though I mean we must taste awful really and we would be all fatty and yucky. Plus the foods we eat aren't natural and I honestly think that I can remember it being said in the report I was reading that we make snakes feel sick anyway. So I don't think they would exactly go out of their way to make an effort to eat us when they can swallow something smaller much more quickly and without the pesky ranger hacking you open to get the person back out lmao. But I can understand if they feel they are in danger of course they would eat you. I think its hard to say whether it would or would not eat a human considering the question of species and the fact we cannot know everything about animals because there are parts of the jungle that go unexplored and my guess is they are unexplored for a reason and we may just have found it lmao.

#11    MUM24/7

MUM24/7

All Words And No Action !!

• 2,041 posts

• When I'm hungry, I EAT

When I'm thirsty, I DRINK

When my coffee is strong, I ADD sugar

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

The first pic looks suspiciously like a still from the movie "Anaconda 2 " but the other two look real enough....Looks like the snake has swallowed an animal to me.....

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence,

Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race....

#12    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

I wonder how nutritious we are compared to their other prey?  <-- That's something you don't hear everyday.

#13    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:18 AM

Actually, there was a recent, authenticated case of an African Rock python swallowing a boy while his horrified friends looked on in a tree, and escaped whent the snake left.  But I don't know of any reliable cases of adults being swallowed by this species.

As the Nat. Geo. program pointed out, it is very difficult for all but the largest snakes to stretch their jaws over an adult humans shoulders, unless they take them in sideways.

#14    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I believe an Anaconda could definantly eat a human whole. Creepy.

Posted Image

#15    iain c

iain c

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• belief is 9/10ths of the law

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

what if you managed to only get one leg in it's mouth,what then?,would it choke to death,or would it suck off the leg? dontgetit.gif

forteanc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users