Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#31    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:42 AM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

Yeah fate controls everything we do. The way to get around it is by wanting what fate wants, that way nothing can go against your will. laugh.gif

Edited by brave_new_world, 25 January 2007 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image
The man of science is a poor philosopher.
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#32    kobie

kobie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Life is lifes ultimate goal, to achieve a boundless intricate web of limitless possibilities.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

You are the making of your own fate!cause and affect of the paths and the way you move through and in your life!

Users/repro/Desktop/dimsum-3.jpg

#33    Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

This book you speak of was written by Edgar Cayce, It is nothing more than a story.

I don't recall Edgar Cayce writing fictional stories. And it's not a book that we know exists, since if it was it would be very big, give me the ISBN number  wink2.gif

#34    FOAM

FOAM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Hello, this is my first post so I hope I don't do it wrong or say something stupid.

The book I believe is referred to is the Akashic Book of records (spelling might be wrong, I'll look into it) Your life should be in there already, and you can't read it. Some holy people are said to be able to aty least read the book, and if you are God-like or even holier you can even change what's in it.

Hey Lars, thanks for the info. (Your named after Lars Ulrich, did your parents worship Metallica?) lol......  I'll do some research on this while i'm at work.  w00t.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

Edited by FOAM, 25 January 2007 - 01:35 PM.

#35    CapybaraCoco

CapybaraCoco

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

I always wondered what's the point to arguing if our lives are predetermined or if we have a choice...because if we have a choice in what we do we pretty much can live our lives the way we normally do anyway.   And if we don't it appears that you have free will... so it's a win/win ( or lose/lose if you're a pessimist) situation.

#36    Teslasparkgap

Teslasparkgap

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

Yeah fate controls everything we do. The way to get around it is by wanting what fate wants, that way nothing can go against your will. laugh.gif

If life goes on forever, then how can it be written?

#37    Lars Johansson

Lars Johansson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hey Lars, thanks for the info. (Your named after Lars Ulrich, did your parents worship Metallica?) lol......  I'll do some research on this while i'm at work.  w00t.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

No, I'm in Sweden, thanks for reminding me of adding the info to the avatar info. I like Lars Ulrich and Metallica. He is from Denmark originally, close to Sweden. But now he is in California consuming Danish cheese  grin2.gif .

#38    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

• My men like satyrs grazing on the lawns, shall with their goat-feet dance the antic hay. --Marlowe

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

If life goes on forever, then how can it be written?

Ok then I'll rephase it. We are all the same eternity and all sense of separation is but an illusion. Really there is nothing written. Everything just "is".

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

<a href="http://funkyflea.deviantart.com" target="_blank">http://funkyflea.deviantart.com

#39    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:15 AM

I think we are lead toward's the path we are meet to follow, But i also believe we have free will and that we decide which road where going to travel....There is nothing written in stone if you ask me.....

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#40    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:21 AM

My opinion on this is fate is a good excuse to not take responsibilty for your actions, but thats about it.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#41    Zombie Boy

Zombie Boy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• Ready to Die

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:26 AM

My opinion on this is fate is a good excuse to not take responsibilty for your actions, but thats about it.

thats definetly one way of lookin at it

#42    LuckyLee

LuckyLee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:30 AM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

I think if my life was written down and determined by now then that means that I had been screwed since birth! I mean with parent's breaking up, going suicidal having a best friend die... I din't think I want to believe that my life was already completely laid out already....

#43    brave_new_world

brave_new_world

Peasant love child

• 6,842 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:35 AM

I come from the point of view that the universe always is as it should be no matter what. Hence My belief in determinism. At one level we do have free will but no matter what choice we make it is always with how the universe wants it and so how can it truly be free?? Nothing we can do can contradict the flow of the universe at any of it's levels. Ultimately i believe there is neither freewill nor determinism and that there is just an 'isness' that is eternal and infinite which we all are. And that one can unite with it with all their being thus actually becoming it well not becoming it but realizing it as their original nature. It's the same as being one with god or nirvana.

Edited by brave_new_world, 27 January 2007 - 03:36 AM.

Posted Image
---Albert Einstein

#44    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:56 AM

Or probably we should ask " Did i wrote my own life story ? "  at least no one's to be blame for if it go grainy or smooth.
As for me, life was already written.

#45    Daddy Walrus

Daddy Walrus

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

• "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:52 AM

No, I don't believe that our lives are already written. If this is so then it would be a complete negation of our free will.

Why would God give us free will then design our lives in such a way that everything is already "pre-written" and pre-determined? Why would a perfect Being like God contradict His own divine plan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users