Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#46    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

Why would a perfect Being like God contradict His own divine plan?

Maybe he's not perfect after all.

#47    Daddy Walrus

Daddy Walrus

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

• "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:16 AM

Maybe he's not perfect after all.

hmmm... but perfection is a prerequisite for Divinity and Godhood.
If He's not perfect, then that means He's not God

#48    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:23 AM

hmmm... but perfection is a prerequisite for Divinity and Godhood.
If He's not perfect, then that means He's not God

True...but we are using our own languange.
How if God has its own terminology?

#49    Daddy Walrus

Daddy Walrus

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:42 AM

then that means He's beyond our own comprehension

#50    Daddy Walrus

Daddy Walrus

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:45 AM

possibly.

anyway, let's not expect that a finite human mind can fully understand an infinite God.
We can never really fully comprehend God, that's why He's called a Mystery

#51    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:02 AM

let's not expect that a finite human mind can fully understand an infinite God.

thumbsup.gif

#52    Lady_Mercury

Lady_Mercury

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• 'What would James Bond do?'
    'He'd probably wear a corset so no one would guess he was sixty.'

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

Is this book you're thinking of called the Necronomicon??  grin2.gif
Seriously though, what is the point of even considering this topic?  At best, you'll come out feeling depressed.  OK, this is a kind of extreme view - on the one hand, to believe that such a book does exists means that nothing you do has any meaning; there would be no such thing as individuality and your entire life would just be some crazy farce orchestrated by the man upstairs for who knows what reason.  If you have a rotten life,  that would just mean that god must hate you - otherwise you wouldn't have been alotted this fate (yes, this analysis is a tad on the cynical side...can you spot the atheism? tongue.gif ).  
If on the other hand, the idea of predestination is completely bogus to you and you believe that that you can control your own destiny, does that mean that there's no such thing as good and evil, or right and wrong?  Does that also mean that if your world goes pear-shaped, it's your own doing??
To look at it another way: by attempting to control your own life, you could just be reinforcing the idea of fate - it was your destiny to react that way.
Blah this topic is as confusing as the timeline in the original Terminator movie...or the bible...didn't God give Adam and Eve free will knowing in advance that they would eat the apple?  So, who's really responsible?  And why is he punishing Satan if he knew he would revolt - as seen through the construction of Hell beforehand.  Ah, but that's a different kettle of fish.
Sorry if this is incoherent but i think it's best to tackle these sort of issues when you're between states of consciousness  sleepy.gif

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time
- T.S. Eliot

#53    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

What if you could be downloaded and awake your real self in this world or reality then what. Would you then be erased from the book as then you own your life so there is no dying on your part??

So could their two books as if one for life and one for death!! all trying to find!!

DhA...OraCle
-Randy W.

Frankly, there are too many diversions for me to even think about these books. I don't even care much about reading earthly books, let alone otherworldly books. Books or not, I have bills to pay and people to know (all over) and care about. Basically, I have no guilty feelings to worry about, to be erased, to be jotted down, to be expanded, to be dumbed down. Besides, my God is never petty. If my life is already written down, then wonderful, perfect, amazing. God is supreme, eurika! I won't lose sleep over my life. It is what it is. My ignorance is my bliss at the same time. My ignorance is my God's gift. My life would be such a bore if I knew its course already. If my life affects others, then bully for all of us -- I soldier on, regardless. I don't give myself an award, pat my back, nor expect to be worshipped, unlike other people. On the other hand, I respect those who live their lives worrying about these invisible books, as long as I don't have to be around them. Peace.

#54    dlv

dlv

Psychic Spy

• 1,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

Yes, we are using our LIMITED-TO-DESCRIBE-THE-INFINITE language. Exactly.

#55    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

As for me, my life was already written.
I'm here on earth without my will to live but i am living.
Therefore there must be a line to cross to go to the other side. I have no choice but to thread this line...but carefully. My question is...whats on the other side?
Okay, since i am here and there is something on the other side or there must be something. Well you know i have no choice and i have to go straight as much as possible but the road was dangerous. Do i have to go straight or walk another path which is less streesful but long. I've tried a shorcut (kill myself) but didn't work.
Ahh !!! i'm forced to go all along. Is that a free will? NO!!! it's against my will. Well, as i travelled the long and winding road, i see beautiful things in there and i apppreciated it. Then i started questioning myself...who made those beautiful things? Ahh!!! maybe the one on the other side. Well, if there's no one in there? I think i don't have to worry about that, i'll be there anyway. Like to add some more but i'm in a hurry to go to work.

#56    kobie

kobie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Life is lifes ultimate goal, to achieve a boundless intricate web of limitless possibilities.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:14 AM

i still am a firm believer of making your own paths, you see everyone do it everyday and with my empathetic side i feel peoples control in life and there ultimate determination of choice,we make our own fate and with every action and way we move in our life determines a outcome.really i shouldn't say i believe ,i know! unfortunately...sorry i just had to say that!  hmm.gif

Users/repro/Desktop/dimsum-3.jpg

#57    Daddy Walrus

Daddy Walrus

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

As for me, my life was already written.
I'm here on earth without my will to live but i am living.

Well, based on some esoteric readings that I've encountered, before you entered the physical dimension your soul made the decision to be born in this world. Thus, there is still free will and you chose to be born here.

#58    FOAM

FOAM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

grin2.gif
Seriously though, what is the point of even considering this topic?  At best, you'll come out feeling depressed. Sorry if this is incoherent but i think it's best to tackle these sort of issues when you're between states of consciousness  sleepy.gif

Question: Seriously though, what is the point of even considering this topic?
Answer: Unexplained-Mysteries.com

"it's best to tackle these sort of issues when you're between states of consciousness"

Nah...Its best to tackle these issues when your high

Edited by FOAM, 03 February 2007 - 06:07 AM.

#59    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:36 AM

Your life is not already written.  Stupid topic.

#60    FOAM

FOAM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Your life is not already written.  Stupid topic.

Pretty much everything on these forums are strange,unbelievable or just plain nonsense.  Thanks for sharing your intellectual insight on this one.....
Keep running on that treadmill....... thumbsup.gif

Edited by FOAM, 03 February 2007 - 05:54 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

birdnbuck