Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#61    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Well a lot of other topics I can handle a discussion about.  But saying there's a chance that your life has completely been predetermined is absolutely ridiculous.

#62    MarleyVincent

MarleyVincent

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• If the universe is self-explanantory, then it must evolve beings able to explain it.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

Personally i do believe in fate, nobody is in control, the choices you think you make are already made for you. We are just folowing our design untill we move on.

#63    MarleyVincent

MarleyVincent

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• If the universe is self-explanantory, then it must evolve beings able to explain it.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

Well a lot of other topics I can handle a discussion about.  But saying there's a chance that your life has completely been predetermined is absolutely ridiculous.

The book The Goldilocks Enigma covers alot of this. Fascinating to read if you have the time, he talks about and explains why the universe is just right for life and the connection with mathmatics to life.

#64    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:25 PM

Personally i do believe in fate, nobody is in control, the choices you think you make are already made for you. We are just folowing our design untill we move on.

Its a good attitude to take if you never want to take repsonsibilty for your actions. You ALWAYS have a choice, even if it is one you don't like.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#65    MarleyVincent

MarleyVincent

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Its a good attitude to take if you never want to take repsonsibilty for your actions. You ALWAYS have a choice, even if it is one you don't like.

I personnaly feel that that is how it is, If the action you take is positive or negative it has already been made for you. Its a great question to which nobody has a difinitive answer. I have made a choice to reply to this but had i not i feel that was how it was meant to be.

#66    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:10 PM

Well, yes your life is written in your astrology chart. But it only shows the paths you have, you also have free will. So, it's a yes and no answer.

Posted Image

#67    FOAM

FOAM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

Well, yes your life is written in your astrology chart. But it only shows the paths you have, you also have free will. So, it's a yes and no answer.

So what you are saying is....It is written...just depends what path you choose right?

#68    smokey_spunk

smokey_spunk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

hey i juss red your input but my opinion that is.................... every one has choices and chances to do what ever the frick ya want.... where ever you look you have a choice and chances  to make the only problem here is you always have to live with the choices you make.... so i dont think something so complex of evryones choice is in a book is higly unlikly

#69    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:17 AM

As for me, my life was already written.
No matter how hard i try to achieve want i wanted in this life, it is not gonna happen then i learned to accept or just go with the flow. It is much easier now for me to travel my destiny because i know my life was already written. And one day you will encounter, you have no free will.

#70    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:23 AM

^^^ It's just a bit sad that you've given up in life because you don't have the determination to get what you want, but don't try to convince others to do the same.

#71    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:33 AM

^^^ It's just a bit sad that you've given up in life because you don't have the determination to get what you want, but don't try to convince others to do the same.

I challenge you to become a president and see how much determination you have in your life.
I will give you 100 years to do it. You are the one sad hearing this while i was enjoying the passing of time because my life was already written.

#72    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

As of this moment I'm starting a club of the "people who think the person who posted above me must have a sorry excuse for a life with no meaning for living of any kind is is trying to infect others with his/her negativity".  I declare myself....PRESIDENT.

Didn't take 100 years, only took a minute, thanks for the challenge.

If you think your life is already written, stop doing anything.  Stop eating, stop wearing clothes, just stop performing any task of any kind.  I bet you still will do these things, because you choose to.  When you go to a fast food store, don't order anything, because your life is already written and whatever meal you were meant to eat will accidentally be dropped in your lap.  When you go to work, just sit there and bounce a tennis ball.  If you were meant to keep that job then everybody else will somehow not notice you doing nothing and you won't get fired.

I guess the only reason you would believe that your life is already predetermined is because you tried for something, failed and instead of finding some inner courage or determination, played if off as "prewritten" because you can't accept that you failed.  That's what is totally sad.  The rest of us are having a great time succeeding, you're stuck in your predetermined world.  Try to enjoy it please...

#73    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

Oops double post.....it was meant to be I suppose.

Edited by ssjtin, 07 February 2007 - 03:33 PM.

#74    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

With regard to the original post, wouldn't it be a rather large book, but also what would be the reason for writing it down?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#75    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

Oops double post.....it was meant to be I suppose.
you see ? you just can't stop anything because it is written.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users