Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#76    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:37 AM

Wow!  It's funny you replied to that post and not to the one above it.  No answer?

#77    ivytheplant

ivytheplant

Knows what you're up to

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

• Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:49 AM

If my life is already written, I'd rather it be a Spielberg production. With dinosaurs.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

#78    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:56 AM

If my life is already written, I'd rather it be a Spielberg production. With dinosaurs.

I saw it somewhere in the book of life.
A dinosaur eating ivy. Your life was written before and you have another book this time.

#79    MechPenProdigy

MechPenProdigy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    Carl Jung

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

I totally beleive in that. but like Ganja Guru said

[quote name='GanjaGuru' date='Jan 23 2007, 02:53 PM' post='1512877']
You refer to destiny and no I do not beleive this.
There is no fate but what you make!

everyone forms their own future. So really you can both be right. I think that if there is a book that it writes itself as you go on through life.

"Change your thoughts and you change your world."
- Norman Vincent Peale -

#80    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

Michael Drosnin's books..'The Bible Code' and 'The Bible Code 2' are about such a book.

Just for the record....they are not religious books and Drosnin is not a religious person.(neither am I)

I found these books facinating. Apparently you can buy some sort of computer programme and look up your own name. There is loads about these books on the internet.

The modern discoverer of the bible code is  Eliyahu Rips. Isaac Newton believed the bible code existed and spent lots of time searching for it. But it was the invention of the computer that made it possible to find/examine.

These quotes are from 'The Bible Code 2'...page 11...

"Rips discovered the Bible code in the original Hebrew version of the Old Testament..............."

"Rips eliminated all the spaces between the words, and turned the entire original Bible into one continuous letter strand, 304,805 letters long."

"Rips wrote a computer program that searched the strand of letters for new information revealed by skipping any equal number of letters."

The Bible Code 3 is coming out this spring...I think it's called 'The Quest.'

Can't wait........

Posted Image

#81    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:26 AM

^^^ Haha!

#82    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:18 AM

I think i am the first one who discovered it using my family's name as told by an Alien long time ago.
Before Drosnin wrote it. Ha..ha..

#83    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Reply to first post: Is my life already written?

Sometimes I think so, and sometimes I would like to be, and sometimes I play to the delusion that I am the master of my own destiny.

The truth of the matter is, none of us is the master of our own destiny. The world around us dedicates how we will develop and what we'll become. Parents, family and friends, environment, schooling, literature, the media, even luck, all play a factor in our up-bringing. But I would like to believe that Hope is the determining factor, the hope that a person can make a better life for themselves away from the crummy existence they are living now.

Yes, I'm referring to my own life.

History is like Time - it always repeats itself.

#84    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:52 AM

Yes all of those things you mentioned contribute to your life.  More specifically, they affect the outcome of your choices.  However, the choices you make in life are still your choices and nothing has been written for you.  

A man born into poverty, if he chooses to work hard every day of his life can become a millionaire.  Or he can remain in poverty.  There's no way anybody can know that their life is already written.  If they believe so, then it's up to them, but it takes away hope and motivation, leading to them living a life that isn't as ideal as they could have if they didn't believe in such rubbish.

#85    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:55 AM

A man born into poverty, if he chooses to work hard every day of his life can become a millionaire.

Can you show me a mathematical formula for this coz i wanted to be a millionaire.
You might help me.

#86    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Can you show me a mathematical formula for this coz i wanted to be a millionaire.
You might help me.

Wow....what a clever response.  You've convinced me, thanks for opening my eyes.

Seriously, use your imagination.  So many things can happen if you make the effort.

#87    Mysterious Molecules

Mysterious Molecules

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:12 PM

I believe everything is a matter of cause and effect controlling us while our thoughts are merely serving the illusion of free will yes.

The universe is behaving how the universe is supposed to behave and so are each and everyone of us.

Deep down.

(that's what i mean when i say all life is really dead, my life is just as automatic as that plants life, and that plants life is just as automatic as the suns life, as a corn of sands life and so on... .)

Edited by Ykaedhi Aewee, 11 February 2007 - 12:14 PM.

#88    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Wow....what a clever response.  You've convinced me, thanks for opening my eyes.

Seriously, use your imagination.  So many things can happen if you make the effort.

I think becoming a millionaire is a bit of an over simplification as an example. Becoming more successful is one thing through diligence, but becoming a millionaire is another thing. But I understand your point of you can improve your life through choice.
You do not have to something, there is always a choice. Even if you don't like either option, there is always a choice.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#89    Incubus420

Incubus420

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Re·bel (rĭ-bĕl'): Verb. To resist or defy an authority, generally accepted idea or convention.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

Our lives are already written. My reasons for saying this is because ever since a traumatic experience a few years ago I have been able to see visions of the future. When these visions come sometimes they make little to no sense, however they still come to pass exactly as I see them, despite me seeing them and possibly being able to change the future after seeing what is "supposed to happen." Thus my reasoning tells me that the future is already written.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

(The purest forms of life are days we're never getting back.)

#90    Dixiepixie

Dixiepixie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• "Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

Hmmm... I have often wondered about this myself. Prewritten lives..it kinda takes the freewill out of life. In some ways it would be nice to know you were destined for greatness, on the otherhand, I would like to know I got there through my own blood, sweat and tears. just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users