Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#91    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

Our lives are already written. My reasons for saying this is because ever since a traumatic experience a few years ago I have been able to see visions of the future. When these visions come sometimes they make little to no sense, however they still come to pass exactly as I see them, despite me seeing them and possibly being able to change the future after seeing what is "supposed to happen." Thus my reasoning tells me that the future is already written.

Thanks for that Incubus420....I saw something on the TV a while back about a very down-to-earth man, who had an accident on the road...had head injuries and from then on had premonitions and visions of the future.

I think there's soooo much we have to learn about TIME.

Posted Image

#92    Incubus420

Incubus420

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Re·bel (rĭ-bĕl'): Verb. To resist or defy an authority, generally accepted idea or convention.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

However I forgot to mention that, you are able to change the future, I have had visions where bad stuff would happen and if enough effort was put into it it could be changed and a new vision would transpire and this process could be repeated until desired. I know this contradicts my last post but think of it this way, our lives are already written but 'they' (they authors) knew what we would (and will) have chosen ahead of time. Another example, we are on a huge intricate highway, all of us going to where will ultimately be our final destination, if you know where you are going you can change lanes but then again technically your life is already written so 'they' knew you were going to make a change in your life that would alter its course but that means that unless you can see the future and you knew that your life was definitely going to end another way, it was going to end that way all along since life is already written. It is confusing I know but I have had plenty of time to study it upon receiving this "gift" for a lack of a better word, sometimes it can seem like a curse due to some of the more confusing paradoxes associated with time and a few other strange circumstances that surround what I call my life.

Edited by Incubus420, 11 February 2007 - 06:58 PM.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

(The purest forms of life are days we're never getting back.)

#93    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

You ALWAYS have a choice. You may not like any of the options, but the choice is always there.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#94    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,640 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:14 AM

Not only is your life not 'written", it is, despite our stongest desires and inclinations, totally at the mercy of chaotic, random forces. As none of these forces are predestined, neither can our lives be. We can of course influence the course of our life instantly and over the long term, by the choices we make. It is only the complex nature of our minds which leads us to speculate that, because we are such important entities, there must be a grand plan for us. Now, none of this precludes visions of a future, although such futures must by their nature be mutable/changeable.  Neither does it preclude entities or an entity, which can calculate all possible futures and have/has the power to influence our life at critical junctures. After all, why is a lightning strike called an "act of god". Some times inexplicable forces influence our lives, and occasionally they make this known to us through direct communication.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#95    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

Wow....what a clever response.  You've convinced me, thanks for opening my eyes.
Seriously, use your imagination.  So many things can happen if you make the effort.

Ok since i don't know who you are, your age and what you do in life. I'll give you a hint of what i do.
I work 14 hours a day mon-fri. I pay mortgage of 600 a week
while earning 14 hundred clear money a week. I pay 2T interest a month. Now give me an equation to make me a millionaire? During my past experience i have a business. Business is the only way that you can go to the top, but...you can't get there if you're not clever or cunning.
I am a talented person in many ways but doing bad things to make me succesful is not my way.
I am a fair man therefore i cannot do business.

Seriously, use your imagination. So many things can happen if you make the effort.

Show me an effort. Let us say i will work 24/7. Can you calculate how much i am gonna spend and save ?

#96    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Ok since i don't know who you are, your age and what you do in life. I'll give you a hint of what i do.
I work 14 hours a day mon-fri. I pay mortgage of 600 a week
while earning 14 hundred clear money a week. I pay 2T interest a month. Now give me an equation to make me a millionaire? During my past experience i have a business. Business is the only way that you can go to the top, but...you can't get there if you're not clever or cunning.
I am a talented person in many ways but doing bad things to make me succesful is not my way.
I am a fair man therefore i cannot do business.
Show me an effort. Let us say i will work 24/7. Can you calculate how much i am gonna spend and save ?

I will say that you still had a choice before you got into the financial area you are now! Simply put you did not have to make the choices you did to be in the situation you are in now, It was all up to you to keep going or make a change.

~Moro

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#97    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:22 AM

I will say that you still had a choice before you got into the financial area you are now! Simply put you did not have to make the choices you did to be in the situation you are in now, It was all up to you to keep going or make a change.~Moro

Or should we say...i have no choice. Stopping or changing lanes is a sure death, know what i mean?

#98    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:26 AM

Or should we say...i have no choice. Stopping or changing lanes is a sure death, know what i mean?

That is still a choice.

YNWA

#99    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?

When God (if you believe in the God of the bible, Yahweh) in Genesis 11 confused the language of man.

Gen 11:7  Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8  So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Gen 11:9  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

From there I believe man had free will taken away from him.  He doesn't have any more free will!
What does that mean, though?
To be scattered about and not understanding others language?
Hmmm. . . does it mean that you can't understand what I'm saying?
I think everybody is going to argue with that and say 'You're wrong.  It can't be like that!'
That's my point!

Edited by greggK, 12 February 2007 - 02:02 AM.

It is me!

#100    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

That is still a choice.
Yes...a one way choice.

#101    ssjtin

ssjtin

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:54 AM

Stopping and changing lanes are two different choices.

#102    Cadetak

Cadetak

Defender of the Universe

• 6,371 posts

• Sometimes It's Darkest Just Before Dawn

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

This is copy and pasted from my blog so forgive me if this doesn't seem entirely on topic.

The Coexistence of Freewill and Fate and Predicting the Future

Free will and destiny can coexist. We make our own choices and God already knows the outcomes of them. When someone or something "sees they future" they are just seeing the outcomes of choices and consequences. I believe that any action or choice can be predicted if the variables of the choices are known. If one knew the How, the Why, the Where, the What, the When, and the Whos of a particular choice one could accurately predict the outcomes of events and predict any other future choice that may occur.

Simple events and choices are predicted all the time...applying the same principles to a larger scale should show similar results.

One can predict exactly what will happen when a ball is thrown(how hard, how fast, where it will land, etc.) by applying mathematical principles(velocity, strength the ball was thrown at, weather conditions, angle it is thrown at, etc.)

One can also predict a human event or choice by applying similar principles, you just have to know the variables of the equation. The variables of the equation are many which include the person's personality, location, genetics, history, and mood. You would also have to know the same variables of the people(and their choices) around that person because other people can effect your decision. In all actuality though knowing these variables would require the powers of mind reading(being able to read the whole planets mind actually) and omnipotence. There is a reason why we make the choices we do...all someone has to do is know those reasons before hand.

Know once you predict one choice you can use that conclusion to determine the consequences and any events that may happen because of those choices. If you predict multiple people's choices you can also predict how choices will interact with other choices
again causing different consequences and events. Keep on taking the idea further by predicting everyone's choices(also note that you have to know the environment...because a hurricane could change your decision in buying a house in Florida) you can accurately predict the future...and knowing what the future holds implies destiny.

So by my little theory destiny/fate does exist but so does free-will...because destiny is just the foreseeing of events, actions, and choices. The future is already history...all that needs to happen for the future to become present is for us to make the choices.

So God sees into the future and knows that one day I will conquer the world. Is God going to make a plan and put the pieces in play so that I can achieve this? No. Does God know how I will make my choices, what events will effect me, etc.? Yes.

God could force us to make a choice, directly change a choice, etc. but he gave us Free-will so if he did make our choices for us he would be going back on his word. God just knows the outcomes of our choices...he could influence our choices but the choice is still ours to make. God still can have a plan for us...he is just building that plan around our choices.

This quote(yes it is Quote Time!) from the Matrix Reloaded helps:

The Oracle: Do you see her die?
Neo: No.
The Oracle: You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without time.
Neo: Then why can't I see what happens to her?
The Oracle: We can never see past the choices we don't understand.
Neo: Are you saying I have to choose whether Trinity lives or dies?
The Oracle: No, you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it.

Maybe humans do not have free will...but if destiny exists then someone had to create it. Somewhere down the line someone made a free will decision to make destiny because destiny cannot create destiny. All we have to do is find a way to get around or destroy destiny(God's plan) and we will be forced into having to make our own choices....make our own destinies.

Between Red Team and Blue Team I stand colorblind

Posted Image

"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."-Eric Hoffer

#103    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

I have come across the theory (somewhere) that there could be an unimaginable number of dimensions.

And that every time a choice is made....a new dimension is opened up.

But all the un-made choices exist in their own dimensions as well.

For example...just then I decided to go into my bathroom and turn off the taps, that I had left running.
   If I had not chosen to do this I could have flooded my whole block of flats (I'm on the top) It would have had a dramatic affect on the lives and emotions of all my neighbours.
   I didn't flood the block (phew!) but all the things that could have happened if I had....exist as a probability...

Zillions of mini dimensions could be opening up all the time....based on free will.

But there may be a boundry to all the mini dimensions.....that are enfolded within a predestined whole.

Our lives may consist  (in the physical body) of a journey through countless dimensions...that we are creating and sharing with everyone/everything else.

Time for that bath now.

Posted Image

#104    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:07 PM

So there I was...in the bath...pondering on the free will v. destiny question....quite pleased with the post I'd just written..

when I suddenly remembered that over an hour before I'd left a small saucepan of porridge on a low light on the cooker.

Leaping from the bath....dashing through the living room....there's a nasty smell of burning....?

Horrible brown mess in saucepan...but no harm done!

Life eh?   happy.gif  rolleyes.gif

Posted Image

#105    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

Yes...a one way choice.

No, there are options available, just because you do not like them does not mean options are not available.

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users