Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I Want to Believe

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    swj20

swj20

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 11:43 AM

One Current theory, based on estimated star formation rates from
Hubble Telescope, and others.  

Time begins> Universe accelerates.

2 bil.yrs.> Early stars. Fusion creates carbon. Outer gas layers lost
and carbon distributes. Cores remained as White dwarf stars.

6 bil. yrs.> Carbon production peaks.

8.5 bil. yrs.> Sun/Earth formed.

8 bil. yrs.> Life on earth appearing.

11 bil. yrs.> Multi-celled organisms appear.

12 bil. yrs.> Sea based life emerges onto land.

13.696 bil. yrs. > humans first appear.

13.7 bil. yrs. > man goes to earth's moon.

If we strictly use this as the benchmark for life, than it is doubtful
that anyone preceeded us by more than one million years.

It still creates a wide swath, within those million years.
If a civilization was 100,000 years older than ours, then perhaps
they have pushed the boundries of applied physics.
Four types of gallaxies. Spiral sorts are favorable to life, others much less so.
We live on the perimeter of our galaxy.

ftp://ftp.stsci.edu/pub/ExInEd/electronic...folder/TOPS.pdf   (page 15)

#17    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 November 2003 - 01:59 PM

Very true Nax, but evenso these conspiracies would only last for the lengt of their working career on average.

never take me too seriously

#18    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:35 PM

Anyway one question for any American here,how many missing children (say...3-7yrs old?) are reported in the States alone yearly??Just asking out of curiousity original.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#19    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 27 November 2003 - 03:42 AM

I once believed in aliens and spacecrafts but not life on other planets the reason why I'm not a sceptic is because of a show of all things. I watched a show on the Space Channel on aliens and stuff the guy (that they interviewed) said he was abducted, and (and here's the bizare part) said that the aliens couldn't breath our air. (that got me thinking) And that they (meaning the aliens) used robots to inspect him! Sheesh! And I remember being kinda disapointed that he passed his lie dector test. The reason why now I'm a skeptic (and still am) is becaus of two things: 1) the aliens couldn't breath our atmosphere/air.  2) that they had to use robots to inspect him! That got be thinking about aliens. And thats why I don't believe, yes it sounds crazy because I watched a tv show about them.   laugh.gif  

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users