Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Screaming Johnny's

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

It's about 2 miles outside of Hannibal, in the area of Hannibal Regional Hospital, White Bear Caves and Spartan International.  I should say more West than North, if you find Highway 36, you should find the hospital. The HRH road connects with a road running paralelle called MM. When HRH road crosses MM it becomes White Bear Road, the church is located some what on the corner of White Bear Road and the first avaliable left (not sure of the road # will look into it though)

Edited by Leviathan113, 28 January 2007 - 10:09 PM.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#17    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

It's about 2 miles outside of Hannibal, in the area of Hannibal Regional Hospital, White Bear Caves and Spartan International.  I should say more West than North, if you find Highway 36, you should find the hospital. The HRH road connects with a road running paralelle called MM. When HRH road crosses MM it becomes White Bear Road, the church is located some what on the corner of White Bear Road and the first avaliable left (not sure of the road # will look into it though)
hey Levi
thanks have you tried sky pics?
if you get more info please update post!.....b

#18    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

thats an interesting story, i wonder if the spirit is still there, maybe someone could do an <exorcism> (its amazing how many times i use that word now lol)

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#19    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

Creepy, lol.  I think it's creepier that a bunch of cars would line up every weekend to hear what's thought to be the sound of dying boy, lol.  But these things do attract.  Yes, I had some foxes where I used to live and when we first moved there, I heard what I would've sworn was a child screaming it's head off.  Scared the crap out of me.  And in the woods, you're never really sure where the sound is coming from.  Finally one morning hubby heard it too and said it was a fox.  I'd seen them running around, but geez, never would've thought they'd make that noise, lol.

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#20    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

Creepy, lol.  I think it's creepier that a bunch of cars would line up every weekend to hear what's thought to be the sound of dying boy, lol.  But these things do attract.  Yes, I had some foxes where I used to live and when we first moved there, I heard what I would've sworn was a child screaming it's head off.  Scared the crap out of me.  And in the woods, you're never really sure where the sound is coming from.  Finally one morning hubby heard it too and said it was a fox.  I'd seen them running around, but geez, never would've thought they'd make that noise, lol.
nadia you seem cool and all but ...
I was treated to fox thing well it was THE most horrible sound!...have not told ANYONE this!was rite before sunup  3-4  days ago!  (nortrhwest ILL.)........b

I was just gonna look for hannibal Mo PICs but.... grin2.gif

serious on fox thing seasonal or somthing?????........b

Edited by Barek Halfhand, 29 January 2007 - 02:35 AM.

#21    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

nadia you seem cool and all but ...

But what, rofl?

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#22    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

You know the area as well then?
no but its in my "zone"  5 hr. drive tops....
plus I have an "interest" in the OP as well...........b

ot- welcome to bucketheadland live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w8NR0opPgI

#23    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

no but its in my "zone"  5 hr. drive tops....
plus I have an "interest" in the OP as well...........b
ot- welcome to bucketheadland live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w8NR0opPgI

An interest in me? Should I start locking my doors?   unsure.gif

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#24    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

But what, rofl?

you freaked me out with fox screaming story...(is the "but")..............b

#25    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

linked-image

There are also rumors of hauntings at "White Bear Caves" and "Screaming
Johnny's"
, also "Devil's Tower" all in the same area in Hannibal. On the river front there is an old water plant and an amphitheater that might possibly be haunted. On Maine street an old movie theater called Star Theater is thought to be haunted. Below is a letter from a visitor to Ilasco.

It was founded in 1903,and was dissolved in 1963. Home to Mostly Slovak families. It housed most of the Atlas cement plant's workers.which was located just off of the settlement. In 1909 it housed about 3,000 people which made it Ralls counties largest settlement at that time. All that I could find out is that it was made up of in adition to houses, 8 Saloons, 7 Gen. stores early in the 1900's. The Romanian Lodge held many Funerals. Most of the settlers where buried in the Mt. Olivette and Riverfront cemeteries. In March 2nd of 1906 a large fire which started in one of the Gen. Stores spread threw the settlement and burnt most of the buildings down.In 1909 the Pauley Jail Building Co. built a 2 room escape proof  jail that could accommodate 8 people 'comfortably'. The entrance to this village is a small wooden/steel bridge, then just to your left is the two stores and then on past that to the left is the jail and to the right is the new Lutheran Church.
BM

#26    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:45 PM

you freaked me out with fox screaming story...(is the "but")..............b

I used to run around apolizing for bar brawls I started  ...sucks to grow older ..b!

#27    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

linked-image

There are also rumors of hauntings at "White Bear Caves" and "Screaming
Johnny's"
, also "Devil's Tower" all in the same area in Hannibal. On the river front there is an old water plant and an amphitheater that might possibly be haunted. On Maine street an old movie theater called Star Theater is thought to be haunted. Below is a letter from a visitor to Ilasco.

It was founded in 1903,and was dissolved in 1963. Home to Mostly Slovak families. It housed most of the Atlas cement plant's workers.which was located just off of the settlement. In 1909 it housed about 3,000 people which made it Ralls counties largest settlement at that time. All that I could find out is that it was made up of in adition to houses, 8 Saloons, 7 Gen. stores early in the 1900's. The Romanian Lodge held many Funerals. Most of the settlers where buried in the Mt. Olivette and Riverfront cemeteries. In March 2nd of 1906 a large fire which started in one of the Gen. Stores spread threw the settlement and burnt most of the buildings down.In 1909 the Pauley Jail Building Co. built a 2 room escape proof  jail that could accommodate 8 people 'comfortably'. The entrance to this village is a small wooden/steel bridge, then just to your left is the two stores and then on past that to the left is the jail and to the right is the new Lutheran Church.
BM

White Bear Caves are actually quite beautiful, more so than the comercialized Mark Twain Caves, but some bots did vanish in them in the early 70's. The Star Theater is actually on Broadway, dunno why it says Main St. About 80% of Hannibal is in Marion County though, only the southern outskirts is in Ralls County.

I will say this about Devil's Tower though, it is a very bad place and you should stay away from there. Stick with Screaming Johnny's and forget about Devil's Tower.

Posted Image

#28    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

. The Romanian Lodge held many Funerals. Most of the settlers where buried in the Mt. Olivette and Riverfront cemeteries. In March 2nd of 1906 a large fire which started in one of the Gen. Stores spread threw the settlement and burnt most of the buildings down.[/u][/color]In 1909 the Pauley Jail Building Co. built a 2 room escape proof  jail that could accommodate 8 people 'comfortably'. The entrance to this village is a small wooden/steel bridge, then just to your left is the two stores and then on past that to the left is the jail and to the right is the new Lutheran Church.
BM
nice NME!
still cant believe all that good work came from a COLTS fan!!!
going to examine photo soon ...for kixx....etc...
if you are incahoots with "tonecop" the "overpass" thing is going to be cool!............B

even a Colts fan MUST love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JiXjuwyuQ

#29    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

nice NME!
still cant believe all that good work came from a COLTS fan!!!
going to examine photo soon ...for kixx....etc...
if you are incahoots with "tonecop" the "overpass" thing is going to be cool!............B
even a Colts fan MUST love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JiXjuwyuQ

Ah ha ha! I see a Bears fan! I love that video! Boy.... Congrats on your Bears SB appearance. The Bears are also a team that I have been rooting for to got o the SB. They have also been long over due for it.

Yup, ToneCop is not much of a believer in the paranormal, and that why he's a great part of our group. He's also a real cop so there's no need to carry my gun along since he's aways carrying his. Also, he can tell the police department of our scouting around so no one runs us off.

We're doing a big foot search soon in the Big Thicket, Texas. Also, this is the same arae where I done my Saratoga Ghost Light investigation.

Edited by NME_locus, 29 January 2007 - 05:16 PM.

#30    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

Ah ha ha! I see a Bears fan! I love that video! Boy.... Congrats on your Bears SB appearance. The Bears are also a team that I have been rooting for to got o the SB. They have also been long over due for it.

Yup, ToneCop is not much of a believer in the paranormal, and that why he's a great part of our group. He's also a real cop so there's no need to carry my gun along since he's aways carrying his. Also, he can tell the police department of our scouting around so no one runs us off.

We're doing a big foot search soon in the Big Thicket, Texas. Also, this is the same arae where I done my Saratoga Ghost Light investigation.
KNEW he was a real cop -......interesting!....still like him tho!! grin2.gif .......b

love the crypto-xeno zoo- ology stuff too(bigfoot) good show on "digging for truth" -HChannel-has a search for south american  "Land of the Giants"- SLOTH(20 feet tall)-  all sorts of prints in sand etc.. really cool..

NME/tonecop now have been granted "skeptics immunity" as legit investigators.. often skeptics are the MOST opened minded ...
case in point: one month ago I was the Arch- Skeptic!....NOW....well ... these dudes are researchers and NOT critics !.....rock on!

Edited by Barek Halfhand, 29 January 2007 - 05:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users