Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Independent Order Of Oddfellows

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    KILLUMANATI

KILLUMANATI

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

• Real Eyes Relize Real Lies

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:05 AM

I live about 2 blocks away from an Odd Fellows Lodge, i live about 6 blocks from a Mason Lodge. both lodges are always empty and just taking up space if you ask me......I also doubt any thing "Strange" is going on in these Lodges, Just a buch of old farts with a ton a money and not a damn thing to do..

Posted Image

ONE NATION UNDER MOLECH-GOD BLESS AMERICA INC.

#17    eponymous67

eponymous67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Join us at http://groups.google.com/group/Eponymous

There a lots of serious ritual traders there posting all of the time.  Mostly Greek orgs., but also other secret societies such as Oddfellows, Acacia, and Freemasons as well.  It is a closed forum, so you may post freely as only other members with your interest are admitted.  

Hope to see you there.

#18    tall grass

tall grass

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

I live next door to an Oddfellows lodge and they need to learn how to cut their damn grass more than once a month! So sick of their 2 foot tall grass making our street ugly. Be benevolent to your neighbors by maintaining a decent yard. Most the time it looks like an abandoned building with no one to care for it and apparently the city doesn't care to MAKE them cut it. Half the time it only gets cut because of a neighbor down the street and his riding lawn mower.

#19    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 7,812 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

View Posttall grass, on 23 October 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

I live next door to an Oddfellows lodge and they need to learn how to cut their damn grass more than once a month! So sick of their 2 foot tall grass making our street ugly. Be benevolent to your neighbors by maintaining a decent yard. Most the time it looks like an abandoned building with no one to care for it and apparently the city doesn't care to MAKE them cut it. Half the time it only gets cut because of a neighbor down the street and his riding lawn mower.

Thanks for the necro-thread. Why are you telling us and not the Oddfellows? Wait, don't tell me because I don't care about that either.

#20    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,331 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Interesting I never heard of them

#21    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

My understanding of the Oddfellows besides being used as a name for many pubs (public houses) is that it was one of many 'friendly societies' which flourished during the 19th century whose purpose was to look after the welfare of it's members and their families in times of financial hardship and ill health as this was a time before trade unions and free health care existed so these societies functioned in much the same way. There were many such organisations which took grandiose names, titles and claimed ancient lineage my own particular favourite being The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalos ( R.A.O.B ) which my grandfather was a member. I think such organisations that continue to this day operate in much the same way though in the UK at least I don't think their numbers are anywhere near what they were in their heyday.

Edited by aimlesswalk, 24 October 2013 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users