Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mini-copter stars at robot show

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:19 AM

user posted image

One of the world's lightest and smallest robot helicopters has been unveiled at a Tokyo exhibition by the Seiko Epson company. The designers say the 70-mm-tall device could be used as a "flying camera" to enter earthquake-shattered buildings. The prototype four-legged robot weighs 10 grammes and although it flies by remote control, it has to be linked to an external power source via a cable. Seiko Epson manger Junji Ajioka said he was looking for another firm to help develop a super-lightweight battery. "That's why we showed this robot at the exhibition. We want to attract battery makers who can manufacture a very light battery for us," he said, adding the company had yet to set a date for marketing the robot.

"The robot has a camera and can fly into dangerous areas or areas hit by disasters in place of human beings. In a word, it functions as an eye," said the manager of Seiko Epson's strategic business development division.

It has taken the company three years to get the vehicle to its current stage of development.

The biennial 2003 International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo is always a major draw.

It has become a showcase for leading manufacturers to demonstrate their concept machines.

Organisers expect about 100,000 people to attend the four-day event.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

Edited by Lionel, 20 November 2003 - 11:21 AM.

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#2    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 06:06 AM

Wow that I might say is pretty cool, I always love a good robot. thumbsup.gif  

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#3    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 09:09 AM

will work for spying  ph34r.gif  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#4    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:04 PM

I just hope they don't become as annoying as flies!

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users