Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pluto...no longer a planet?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1    durbadurba

durbadurba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

Why is Pluto no longer a planet??We have been taught since day one of school that there have been nine planets.  Now, scientists are saying that there are only eight.  This is just like taking Elton John's knighthood away.  You can't take Pluto's planethood away!!!!!!  I totaly disagree with this and think that scientists should reverse this absurd decision.

Edited by durbadurba, 06 February 2007 - 03:59 PM.

#2    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

I don't care what they say, Pluto is still a planet to me and always will be.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,116 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

Why is Pluto no longer a planet?

There are several threads on this subject already. I would direct you to this one: Is Pluto a Planet?.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    nitro

nitro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:13 PM

Well hes new and im sure its covered up by now But im kinda new and ive never even read this section of the website. But pluto is a planet

#5    durbadurba

durbadurba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, my topic is better than that one. This topic is sort of like a petition to see how many people disagree with only having eight planets

#6    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,116 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, my topic is better than that one. This topic is sort of like a petition to see how many people disagree with only having eight planets

In which case you should have done it as a poll, but as that has also been done HERE there really is no point in keeping this thread open.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users