Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 11 votes

Credentials


  • Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#196    PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • I need a new hobby...

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

eqgumby on Oct 10 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

I did it for a while myself (stay-at-home-Dad). It had it's ups and downs. But I really needed to go to work again for my sanity!  laugh.gif



I hear ya. I have been doing it for a little over a year now. There are days I go stir crazy.


#197    neferet

neferet

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:12 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:France

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hello!
Iím almost 38 years old, married, with 3 kids. I grew up in Tel Aviv, moved to France a few years back. I like: my loved ones (my 4 angels), family and friends; my job; travelling, astronomy, gardening, painting/drawing, classical music, art history, ceramology, etc. I dislike: dishonesty, racism, hypocrisy. As for credentials: I received my PhD in anthropology from Tel Aviv University, and my PhD in Egyptian Archaeology from the ENS in Paris. I taught epigraphy at the University of Montpellier. Iím currently on archaeological assignment/projects. Thatís it for me. Iím glad to be here. See you folks wink2.gif



#198    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

    misanthropic nihilist

  • Member
  • 26,177 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanybwlch

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Credentials? None.
Special skills? None.
I just find it all mildy fascinating. Some parts more than others, I don't have much time for conspiracy theories and suchlike, but politics can sometimes be entertaining, as long as you don't take it all too seriously, and I'm quite prepared to entertain the possibility of extraterestrial life; who knows, we might found out if there is some sooner rather than later, who can say.




wink2.gif

Edited by 747400, 12 October 2008 - 08:29 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#199    soloangel

soloangel

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined:09 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Some were over the road

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

I'm 38 and I drive a truck for a living and have been doing it for a little over 3 yrs now and I have a son who is in the US Army and I travel around with my ferrets....I have always lived close to the Ohio other then 3 months I stayed in New Mexico which the whole time I hated it so I packed up and moved back home...
I have always loved Archeology and things from history and the unknown...I don't know much but I like to look stuff up and if I'm not sure I ask when I can get computer time....


#200    PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • I need a new hobby...

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

soloangel on Oct 12 2008, 06:16 AM, said:

I'm 38 and I drive a truck for a living and have been doing it for a little over 3 yrs now and I have a son who is in the US Army and I travel around with my ferrets....I have always lived close to the Ohio other then 3 months I stayed in New Mexico which the whole time I hated it so I packed up and moved back home...
I have always loved Archeology and things from history and the unknown...I don't know much but I like to look stuff up and if I'm not sure I ask when I can get computer time....



Where in New Mexico were you? I lived there for a couple of years in the Los Alamos area. Very pretty state, but that's about it.

Nice to meet you.  original.gif


#201    eqgumby

eqgumby

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,576 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida Panhandle

  • If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

neferet on Oct 12 2008, 03:07 AM, said:

Hello!
Iím almost 38 years old, married, with 3 kids. I grew up in Tel Aviv, moved to France a few years back. I like: my loved ones (my 4 angels), family and friends; my job; travelling, astronomy, gardening, painting/drawing, classical music, art history, ceramology, etc. I dislike: dishonesty, racism, hypocrisy. As for credentials: I received my PhD in anthropology from Tel Aviv University, and my PhD in Egyptian Archaeology from the ENS in Paris. I taught epigraphy at the University of Montpellier. Iím currently on archaeological assignment/projects. Thatís it for me. Iím glad to be here. See you folks wink2.gif

Feel free to hit up the ancient civilization boards. They chat up Egypt quite a bit. Make sure you put your credentials in a signature or make them clear. Personally, I think it's great to have a PhD on board.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!


It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#202    Harks

Harks

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cairns

  • Forget Everything and Do Not Listern to Anyone, because you still have a chance to LIVE your own life.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Jack of all trades, master of none. cool.gif

Posted Image

#203    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,840 posts
  • Joined:01 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:oklahoma

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

61, two daughters, wife, dog, no cats.
Baptized Lutheran, raised Methodist and Presbyterian, convinced Quaker.  Thinking gradually evolving toward agnosticism/atheism.
Forestry researcher, currently specializing in ice storms and how they affect forests; interest in how trees and forests respond to damage/injury; interest in forests and climate change.
Graduate of Kent State; knew several of the principals personally.  Degrees from Kent, Univeristy of Idaho, Colorado State.  Ph.D. in Environmental Science.
30 years in service forestry, mostly Colorado.  Three years as a forestry consultant.  Eight years in research.  Published.
Spent two years researching the Bible (Moses and the Exodus).  Make large (4'X6') hooked rug "paintings."  Play the bagpipe.
That's it in a nutshell.  If you want to know more, ask.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#204    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

    Cosmic Baker

  • Member
  • 13,443 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

wow Doug! Cool research!

shortly after I bought my house, an ice storm took out every tree on my property, it was quite amazing. Two 110' Doug firs lost ALL their boughs (creating a pile more than 9ft high in my driveway) and they looked like two GIANT toothpicks. I had to take them down. I also lost a thundering plum which landed ON my house, and a 70 year Weeping Willow as well. The ice storm actually froze the inside of the willow's trunk which caused it to split and nearly "explode" ... weirdest darn thing I'd ever seen.

Since then, I've replaced my trees (which I have to do according to city law, this is Seattle. lol) and I replaced them with a moon maple, two pin oaks, and a cherry tree. LOL. Something that won't crush my house in the event of another storm. LOL

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#205    IamsSon

IamsSon

    Unobservable Matter

  • Member
  • 11,873 posts
  • Joined:01 Jul 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX

  • ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Harks on Oct 12 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

Jack of all trades, master of none. cool.gif

What!?  I thought you were a master at one-handed grilling (need the other hand for the beer)!  tongue.gif

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#206    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,840 posts
  • Joined:01 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:oklahoma

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

MissMelsWell on Feb 11 2009, 11:13 AM, said:

wow Doug! Cool research!

shortly after I bought my house, an ice storm took out every tree on my property, it was quite amazing. Two 110' Doug firs lost ALL their boughs (creating a pile more than 9ft high in my driveway) and they looked like two GIANT toothpicks. I had to take them down. I also lost a thundering plum which landed ON my house, and a 70 year Weeping Willow as well. The ice storm actually froze the inside of the willow's trunk which caused it to split and nearly "explode" ... weirdest darn thing I'd ever seen.

Since then, I've replaced my trees (which I have to do according to city law, this is Seattle. lol) and I replaced them with a moon maple, two pin oaks, and a cherry tree. LOL. Something that won't crush my house in the event of another storm. LOL

I am working with shortleaf pine.  Out of nearly 7000 trees, only three have lost all their branches.  Apparently has something to do with branch structure.

I got closely-acquainted with an ice storm several years ago.  Had a branch come through my roof.  Stopped about three feet above my daughter's bed.  Gave her quite a thrill.

BTW:  Are you a member of PYM by any chance?
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#207    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

    Cosmic Baker

  • Member
  • 13,443 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Doug1o29 on Feb 11 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

I am working with shortleaf pine. Out of nearly 7000 trees, only three have lost all their branches. Apparently has something to do with branch structure.

I got closely-acquainted with an ice storm several years ago. Had a branch come through my roof. Stopped about three feet above my daughter's bed. Gave her quite a thrill.

BTW: Are you a member of PYM by any chance?
Doug



Nope, I'm NWYM original.gif

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#208    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

    Death Before Decaf

  • Member
  • 5,468 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Western Australia

  • There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    A symptom of the universe

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

Almost 20, live with a boyfriend, a cat and a dog. Qualified youth counsellor, going to uni next year to study Psychology.

That's about it. I'm a boring person ph34r.gif

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.


Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02


#209    Harks

Harks

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cairns

  • Forget Everything and Do Not Listern to Anyone, because you still have a chance to LIVE your own life.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

IamsSon on Feb 12 2009, 03:19 AM, said:

What!?  I thought you were a master at one-handed grilling (need the other hand for the beer)!  tongue.gif


We all have our hidden talents. cool.gif

Posted Image

#210    Queenofthefairies

Queenofthefairies

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Throne of Fairyworld

  • "Nothing can be truer than fairy wisdom. It is as true as sunbeams.".... Douglas William Jerrold

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:55 AM

Okay i'm 22 years old and happily married with my own house, eight fish and one bird, had one child but it was a stillbirth sad.gif i graduated from high school then went on to college where i got a degree in teaching. Also have a diploma in children's education original.gif yeah nothing exciting going on now. that's my credentials original.gif

<QueenoftheFairies>

Edited by Queenofthefairies, 13 February 2009 - 01:59 AM.

as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know.  There are fairies everywhere:  under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day.  So listen, touch, and look around - in the air and on the ground.  And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.  ~Author Unknown




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users