Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Credentials

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#16    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

I have lived all over the world, with the exception of Australia and South America.  My favorite locations were Japan, Greece and the United Kingdom.

Since 1960, I have worked in Military Intelligence and Security, having taken my first degree in Chinese language at Yale’s Institute of Far Eastern Languages (had to go back to finish it out to a true BA), my second degree in History at UT and my final degree in Computer Technology at TSTC.  I worked originally as a translator for the old USAF Security Service and later in Strategic Air Command’s Recon program with the RC135M/V.  During Vietnam, I flew on 428 combat missions as a “back seater” in the O1E Forward Air Control (FAC) aircraft.  Presently I am the Security Program Manager for a Federal/Military Law Enforcement Unit.  

I have seen a UFO and likewise have no idea what it really was, but got a clear daylight view of it.

I lived in a haunted barracks in Feltwell UK (RAF Feltwell) and had several incidents with the entity that we called “Herbie”.  I have seen what I believe might have been a “La Chusa”, that Mexican “Witch Bird” and still can’t explain away what I saw.

Like Egg, I am open but skeptical of unexplained mysteries.

I think conspiracy theories are bologna..it is simply impossible for more than 3 people to keep leak-proof secrets, let alone large organizations keeping them!

was linguist/"spy" in airforce mostly in communications,

Celumnaz, ask your dad what units…we may have crossed paths, although he was probably a little later than me.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#17    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:14 PM

I have lived all over the world, with the exception of Australia and South America.  My favorite locations were Japan, Greece and the United Kingdom.

Since 1960, I have worked in Military Intelligence and Security, having taken my first degree in Chinese language at Yale’s Institute of Far Eastern Languages (had to go back to finish it out to a true BA), my second degree in History at UT and my final degree in Computer Technology at TSTC.  I worked originally as a translator for the old USAF Security Service and later in Strategic Air Command’s Recon program with the RC135M/V.  During Vietnam, I flew on 428 combat missions as a “back seater” in the O1E Forward Air Control (FAC) aircraft.  Presently I am the Security Program Manager for a Federal/Military Law Enforcement Unit.  

I have seen a UFO and likewise have no idea what it really was, but got a clear daylight view of it.

I lived in a haunted barracks in Feltwell UK (RAF Feltwell) and had several incidents with the entity that we called “Herbie”.  I have seen what I believe might have been a “La Chusa”, that Mexican “Witch Bird” and still can’t explain away what I saw.

Like Egg, I am open but skeptical of unexplained mysteries.

I think conspiracy theories are bologna..it is simply impossible for more than 3 people to keep leak-proof secrets, let alone large organizations keeping them!
Celumnaz, ask your dad what units…we may have crossed paths, although he was probably a little later than me.

Thanks for the post Mako.

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#18    momentarylapseofreason

momentarylapseofreason

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,132 posts

• Warning: This member may contain traces of Nut

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

I am a 47 year old american/european woman with an above average IQ.
I love books,science,philosophy,music,traveling,dancing and nature.
I have lived in Europe & the US an equal amount of time. I would loved to have emigrated to New Zealand.
I also have ADHD (might matter).
I am "extremely" intuitive and have had numerous amazing experiences that had started in my teens through adulthood
which has frightened  but equally impressed family and friends (and myself of course). Too many to post all at once.
I  also have seen UFO's but don't know what they really were.
I am an agnostic,Freethinker and rationalist. This may seem contradictory but I believe there is a logical answer for all my experiences but i may never know these answers in my time. These experiences haunt me and leave me little peace of mind.
I am still very sceptical regardless,  and feel there is much deception out there.
I'm glad that my son turned me on to this site. he is also a forum member.

Edited by momentarylapseofreason, 05 July 2007 - 12:03 PM.

If religion contained any truth, it could be ridiculed, insulted, even defiled without being diminished in any way. Its truth would shine through undimmed, unblemished, shaming those who abused it into silence. But that's not how things are. Religion is prickly, it's intolerant, it's ultra-defensive precisely because it's brittle and fragile.- Pat Condell

#19    Dewlanna

Dewlanna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• Dum Spiro, Spero

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Like this thread original.gif

Definately nothing special about me, about as ordinary as ordinary come. Average IQ, average in school, average everything.

Almost 30ish female, originally from Sweden, but now married and living in Northern Ireland with my darling hubby and our 2 furkids. Nightmist on here is my best friend, we've know eachother for years and she's class notworthy.gif
Apparantly the area where I now live used to be an old airfield and is supposedly haunted.
I think I've seen a ghost once, but apart from that, I'm as receptive/sensitive/whatever you want to call it, as a rock.
I try to stay open minded, and think I manage most of the time.
Love reading about paranormal stuff, came across this site by accident, and love it. I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I'll still give you my opinion. wink2.gif
Recently lost my dad, which has made me question life after death and all that..
Raised lutheran, not really actively religious, I don't pray, but God gives me comfort.

Put simply, I like to believe... (and yes, some may call it gullible!)

Edited by Dewlanna, 05 July 2007 - 10:26 PM.

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it.

#20    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:25 AM

Hmmm...

Well, I'm a 40 year old mother to a 20 year old daughter who is half Roma (gypsy) and I raised her primarily by myself, even though I was married to her step father for roughly 14 years.

I work in the software industry, and have since 1993. From 1987-1993, I was a store manager for the Starbucks Coffee Company, I was employee #101 (only 11 stores at the time!). In 1986 and '87, I worked as a state certified Rx Tech. Today, I primarily consider myself a Web developer, but over the years have done everything from Network Operations management to simple program management. Currently I manage internal technical and marketing communications for one of the worlds largest software product lines and corporations. My former husband is also in Software, but when we married, he was a merchant seaman working on ocean going tug boats (mostly in Alaska, Hawaii, San Diego, and Panama). I've visited every continent except Antartica and Africa. I'll never know how I missed Africa. My daughter and I spent a vast majority of our travel time in Japan, India, England, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia.

I've lived and traveled all over the world for work and because of that, I decided early on to "unschool" my daughter. It's different from homeschooling--it's even less structured. Today she's a Sr. at University and is setting her sights on using a scholarship for an overseas university. She is a Computer Graphics and Animation major with a minor in Asian Studies. Her post grad work will be an MBA (she thinks). Unschooling allowed me to keep her with me while I was on the road for work.

I was raised a vegan and in the yogaic disciplines by hippy trippy parents who are totally awesome. For 2 months, I lived in a southern India Ashram. My baby sister is a doctor of Audiology.

I call Washington State home, my maternal grandmothers family is one of the oldest families in the state going back about 8 generations (4 generations still living!). My maternal grandfather's family were all from bayou country in deep Mississippi and Louisiana.

My paternal family is shrouded in mystery, my grandfather was Choctaw indian but refused to claim his heritage. My grandmother was from a well known S. Dakota Danish family. My paternal grandmother was university educated and was a painter/artist. My paternal grandfather was a welder and rancher, and illiterate.

I used to race cars (SCCA) and teach performance driving. I raised parrots for several years. I like to read a lot (fiction only) and I bead weave and make jewelry. I love all water sports and try to spend my summer weekends jet skiing and wakeboarding.

I have close childhood friends who are in the music industry and are very well known from the pre-grunge and grunge era laugh.gif .

I love Urban Legends and sometimes paranormal topics interest me, but I'm largely a skeptic. (I used to listen to coast to coast before it was a paranormal show!)

I'm a Quaker by faith, but frequently take up with my Mennonite brothers and sisters to keep things interesting.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 09 July 2007 - 07:47 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#21    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:36 AM

No formal education
I'm always right (except for my first wife....)
Arguably the worlds smartest mule, certainly the smartest mule for my weightclass...
I work in an auto industry steel forge (practice for the afterlife)
I coach football
I'm a musician
I don't beleive in anything.
I'm so far to the left politically that sometimes I'm on the right
I'm always right (except for my first wife...)

Edited by The Mule, 06 July 2007 - 03:45 AM.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#22    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

Nice to see some familiar faces here, thanks for posting on my supposedly dead thread. Necro-posting is NOT always bad I guess!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry

#23    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

I am 35 with 2 kids and a wife.
Oh and 2 dogs.lol
I am in real estate in Dallas.
Of course I am a skeptic, BUT:
I saw  a UFO as a kid. Don't know what it was.
When I was living in Alabama as a kid, a friend and I were up in a tree and thought we saw a bigfoot about 20 yards away. We ran away terrified. It fit every description of a bigfoot. Looking back I guess it might have been a bear. As a child I thought I saw glowing eyes(probably a dream). As a teenager I believed in vampires.

I am now a skeptic and proud of it. I can't wait for the day that I can see the paranormal verified. Once the market picks back up I would like to buy some ghost detecting equipment(EMF, etc.) and go try to see some things for myself.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic, 08 July 2007 - 11:29 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#24    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

Oh, God!  Do I have to?

#25    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

Oh, God!  Do I have to?

No, but I thought long ago it was a good idea. Too many times people assume that you are 12 years old when you are 40, or vice-versa. This is just a good place to say..."Uhhh, actually I AM a Dr. of Mathematics." when confronted with the inevitable naysayers howling away saying "Who the hell are YOU to tell me such and such, what are you, a friggin Doctor!?" Or "As a matter of fact, I am the Pope!"

#26    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• 1,132 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

No, but I thought long ago it was a good idea. Too many times people assume that you are 12 years old when you are 40, or vice-versa. This is just a good place to say..."Uhhh, actually I AM a Dr. of Mathematics." when confronted with the inevitable naysayers howling away saying "Who the hell are YOU to tell me such and such, what are you, a friggin Doctor!?" Or "As a matter of fact, I am the Pope!"

Oh, all right.
62 years ancient.
HS grad 1963, BS (heh!) electronics engineering 1975, MS 1982.  Quit working 2001.
US Navy 1965-69, 3 WestPacs.  Primary MOS ASW except on Yankee Station, CSAR (the Big Mothers, both in ASW squadrons and the Sea Devils).
R&D electronics 1969-.  Tech 3 years, junior engineer 2 years before degree.  Aerospace R&D.
1976, due to downturn in aerospace in San Diego, switched to control systems, primarily industrial controls.  Entire career from that point there is some association with controls (it's a fascinating area, constant study).
1979, changed habitat to San Jose (yes, Silicon Valley) from San Diego.  13 years engineering, with 5 years dual purpose: spent a few hours teaching college level electronics/math/computer sciences, and the rest contract engineering.  Mostly contract engineer during Silicon Valley days.
1992, for a sabbatical, got my class A commercial license and went trucking, OTR, for a while.  Enjoyable, but not really my cup of tea, so back to engineering in early 1993, in San Diego.  There, decided to degrade myself for a while and did motor, motor drive, and high power design, with a backside of test engineering.  Stayed in power design till 2001.
Ended (essentially) work career since I found I could make a decent living trading futures.  Now engaging in Forex, it's more relaxing.
Still do my own brand of R&D in electronics, however.
On a personal level, I try to keep an open mind, especially with physics (too many problems with past/current malfunctions, wherein my systems didn't quite coincide with the laws); religion is a non-subject, as each person has own beliefs; UFOlogy is interesting, to an extent (yes, I've seen inexplicable things, sometimes human, sometimes questionable).
That ought to do it, for a while anyway.

#27    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• 1,995 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

ok real quick and short for now...

mom (70 yrs) Cherokee, Chi-Chi Meccan, Mexican, Spanish = pentecostal evangelical christian, daughter of preacher who in younger days rode with pancho villa (good stories), schoolteacher currently employed

dad (early 60's) English, German, Irish, Prussian, Scottish = avowed and adament atheist, pure logic, was linguist/"spy" in airforce mostly in communications, was 2nd head of johnson & johnson's accounting requireing him to live in Belgium for a time, currently works as consultant... responsible for some of the work on the networks at NASA and various Municipal services like local hospital and fire/police networks.

sis (43?)= born in Tripoli Libya, has rare form of dwarfism with many other complications, is about 12 years my senior, married to biochemist who is a high school teacher.

lived and learned in TX, GA, NJ, FL, spent time in Europe every summer with dad, visited many, many places and usually not as a tourist.  Met king and pauper.

Always in advanced classes in school, always scored high, always sent back to normal classes because I would refuse to do homework for something I could make a 100 on the test on.

Started playing music at about 3 on piano, trumpet in 3rd grade, guitar in 5th.  Took off from there to most instruments except reed instruments... and have performed more than a few recitals and solo performances.  Made some $ playing local bars (in teen years).

Am forgetting so much lol... read the entire unabridged dictionary and 2 full sets of encyclopedias Cover to Cover (and more... tellin ya, I LOVE to read) by the end of the 5th grade.

Was short about 7 hrs? 20 hrs? I forget... solo flight to get my private pilot's licence.  Was never able to land very well... nearing the end of that training is where my homeless stint was so didn't have the $ to continue at the time.

Been on missionary trips... where I would buy beer in Mexico...  almost got myself married off there too at around 14 or 15... crazy experience...

Been beat up more times than I can count, for various reasons (like, sitting in someone's bar stool)... been stabbed, shot at, and done every drug I know of...

Have had "relations" with men and women and various fetishes and groups... my first "encounter" was at the age of 7... not counting what happend when I was 5 cause that seems like most people do that... been raped (as an adult).

expelled from TX when 18 until 21 for organized crime, only spent about a month in county jail

saved a girl from drowning once, am trained but not licenced as a lifeguard, know all the strokes and CPR/first aid etc...

Paranormal, most significant was the "Ghost" I saw as a child, somewhere between ages 7 - 9.  Other more minor experiences.  Both parents, who cannot live in the same state as eachother (ruthless divorce) agree they both witnessed a UFO together, both give the same story.  So it's never been a question to me... it exsists.  Odd things exsist.

TMI?  At least I'm not going into details! tongue.gif

there's more but that's a brief.

Edit: was a Royal Ranger, Cub Scout, and Boy Scout.  Did more with the rangers, never got my Eagle.  was an "Explorer", related to the newspaper, learned all about the newspaper from the inside out and worked there in Jr. High school (volunteer).  Also have operated a TV camera, been on commercials, modeled clothing for televised shows.

Edit2: Added parent origin
None of this qualifies me to be an expert on anything imo, but has given me many different perspectives to look at life and people... hope the rest of my life is fairly uneventful.

Edit3: Fed the babe and in back for smoke... adding networked a timex sinclair 1000 and a commodore vic 20 when was 13... worked in FL as an electrician's assistant, worked at the community college computer labs (helped pay for college) including mac lab, unix etc..., deep sea fished, shrimped, turned 21, lived on an island, worked at a convienience store/Subway sammich shop on the beach, attended biker convention in Bandera TX when 16 or 17, wrote web pages around 19 or 20, did some cable work laying network/phonelines in a wharehouse... worked as a roofer for a while then some construction for a few months... all this stuff brief mention but there's more than a few stories lol

more "wierd" stuff... heard voices during a meditation session when I got into taoism, used the ouiji and had a rotten time after... "Paj" was it's name.  come across various wierd books/grimoires/whatnot, tried as many as possible all wreckless...

someone asked me on another forum (similar in nature) what interests me an here's copy/paste:

Editagain: rode a goat when was 5, hunting started at 8 (9?)yrs., can ride/care for horse but am no expert at any of the above imo.

man if I ever need to write and autobio... I'm a freaking windbag, and this smoke is great.  dunno about credentials tho, easier to say I'm just some dude. tongue.gif

married, 3 kids above ground 2 boy 1 girl and 2 under 1 boy 1 girl

Editzzz: talked to my mom earlier, she said was short 6 hours on solo flight so whatever, she's an optimist

That was a great post!!
You should write an autobiography. I'd read it! and pay to read it!

#28    MadMachine

MadMachine

Knight of the Most High God

• 1,728 posts

• Your God is Imaginary.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

I'm a 17-year-old son and older brother who has never finished the 4th Grade.

Algebra is alien to me.

I've never seen anything conclusively supernatural, but once have witnessed along with my mother a strange phenomenon involving a "living shadow" on the wall, with nothing to cast it.

I'm a moderate bibliophile.
-
Maybe that's enough. dontgetit.gif

ERODE

#29    jowell

jowell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

Well I dont have alot id like to put here but...

Im 16 years old, i live in the east of the Scottish highlands,
I have olive skin an black hair, im about 5'10
im still in highschool, i have no idea what i want to be yet,
im very ambitious, i wont settle for 'normal' but maybe im too lazy to reach my goals,
i like to think im intelligent, i cant use my left brain well though, mainly my right, i dont bileave in IQ tests, a good score just means your good at taking IQ tests
I can not do maths, period, i dont understand it
im creative, artistic, im very philosophical and i spend hours everyday drifting off wondering about life and god and that,
i like to keep fit, though i dont play sports
in music, im a huge hip hop fan, though i listen to alot of indie rock, dance and reggaeton,
im learning to play the electric guitar
i break the rules and disrepect authority regularly, i just dont care, which is probably more bad than good,
i bileave in ghosts, im skeptical that ufo's are from another planet, though i do bileave in them
im far too feminin for my liking, but im not self concious about this
im outgoing but i have a hard time maintaining friendships,
i also bileave in most things paranormal, though i can be skeptical at times

i could go on forever but i'll stop now, i just like the fact that people will probably read this,

Edited by jowell, 11 July 2007 - 12:08 AM.

Posted Image

#30    RadicalGnostic

RadicalGnostic

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• We are all children of the same Universe.

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

I am 46 year old female, living in Los Angeles with my life-partner (we are registered domestic partners). I hold a B.A. in Psychology/Comparative Religious Studies and a Th.D. in Franciscan Spirituality. I have served as Franciscan Fraternity Minister and as standing committee member at the regional level before leaving the Church of Rome and finding my way as a Gnostic Christian. I am a candidate for Gnostic Clergy and a practicing Hermetic/Kabbalistic magician.

I am an expert user and installer of Linux, especially networking Linux boxes.

I am a Harley-Davidson owner and rider.

Want to know more? Then PM me, and I will respond.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

Edited by RadicalGnostic, 29 July 2007 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users