Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Credentials

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#151    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

65-years-old . . . . graduate University of Liverpool in Middle Eastern History . . . . doctorate in classical philosophies . . .  second degree in language sciences . . . . and I will be honest and say that all this was not because I was such a dedicated student, rather that the Vietnam War was in progress and it seemed better to have a student exemption at the time.  Didn't work though . . . . before I could register for a second masters, I received that dreaded telegram.

I studied in England because I had a step-father who hated me as much as I hated him.  But he had money and told me that he wanted me to go to university and he would pay for it all as long as it was a university as far away as possible.

I was sent to OTC upon my return to the states and served 21 months in Vietnam.  Marines, first division.

Authored several books, some of which are still on Amazon at collectors prices.  I have lived for a time in Italy, Germany, France, Costa Rica, Honduras, the U.S. and now Mexico.  

In the early 90s I got fed up with the direction the U.S. was going and moved to Mexico.  I purchased a home that was constructed in 1593 and restored it.  I still live there today.

I have two marvelous Schnauzer dogs . . . . Oliver and Olivia . . . . and a host of friends.  I live in a small village that finds every day to be tranquil, tropical and incredibly satisfying.

Edited by Expatriate, 22 June 2008 - 11:23 PM.

#152    Travelling Man

Travelling Man

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

• And you are asking... Why?

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Forty-six years old, married with three daughters.  I have a BA in Environmental Studies (Policy & Management emphasis).  I served about 6 years in the Army, and now have 15 years in the US Coast Guard - and my present job has me working with the Air Force as an instructor.  I've been stationed in South Korea, Panama, Iraq, Kuwait and Turkey, with combat experience in Iraq (twice - GW I, and OIF).

I grew up Roman Catholic, but became disillusioned in my teens when I was told to stop questioning the Church's teachings.  I toyed with the occult and paganism until ending up re-immersed in Christianity - when I earned my Ordination as a Christian Minister.  Since that time, I've backslid to the point that I an no longer Christian, and describe myself as a very devout agnostic.

I've experienced what I believe to have been several supernatural incidents, but question everything... absolutely everything (to include my own beliefs!!).

I am VERY polically and fiscally conservative, but am pragmatic enough to realize that without folks of all flavors, no real progress can be made.  

I've been a Freemason for a decade, and also am a member of the Royal Arch and Knights Templar.  I joined this board to debunk crazy ideas about the Freemasons.

Superior firepower will win over superior numbers - every time!  G.A. Custer
Superior numbers will win over superior firepower - every time!  S. Bull

My credentials

#153    sbradj

sbradj

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

33 years old, married for 14 yrs three children, which are all straight A students.  thumbsup.gif  live in WV grew up in Va.  have no
degrees.  I am a substitute teacher and a teachers aid. My spouse and I run a small home improvements business out of our
home. which we have done for over 10 yrs.  I am a retired horse trainer if there is such a thing. I don't think you can ever
retire from something you love. I have worked in the equinebusiness for over 20 yrs. I got started working for other people at a young age. I grew up in the equine world. It was all I knew as a child.  

I have 2 dogs. a German Shepherd, (Von bloodline) and a English Mastiff Great Dane breed for wild bore hunting.  he weights
around 210lbs and is a couch potato.  best dog Ive ever owned.  One horse three  goats. four rabbits 2 cats an a few
chickens. I enjoy taking care of animals in which are in need of special needs. I assisted a local vet when I managed a horse
farm. It was very educational with the line of work I was in. I love to teach children who are "underprivileged" about
horses and maintenance of such.  They always come out ahead of spoiled children. I refuse to teach a child who is spoiled
and given everything they ask.   And I am very Straight Up with such.

When in high school my algebra teacher stated I was "set in my ways"  that statement has lasted thus far. I am not open
minded. I usually offend people by just being myself with no harm intended.  I am quite but very blunt. I don't believe in
ghosts UFOs aliens or global warming. I fully support the war in Iraq and have many family members in Iraq. I grew up with
some beliefs in God. Now I am Apostlic.  Not because of people but because of self foundness..(if that's a word) I generally post
mainly in the spirituality boards. Ive played video games since Atari 2600 came out.  w00t.gif  I've been playing the quake
series since 1998 and counting. I came to um almost two years ago and have learned a great deal about people. Its an great
place to learn about anything and everything in the world. That's it for me. not sure if its whats suppose to be, but I gave it a
try. original.gif

Edited by sbradj, 24 June 2008 - 05:53 PM.

If you wanna read nice things, then go to your local floriest and read their nice note tags  

"I'm your huckleberry" Doc. Holliday

#154    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

sbradj on Jun 24 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

33 years old, married for 14 yrs three children, which are all straight A students.  thumbsup.gif  live in WV grew up in Va.  have no
degrees.  I am a substitute teacher and a teachers aid. My spouse and I run a small home improvements business out of our
home. which we have done for over 10 yrs.  I am a retired horse trainer if there is such a thing. I don't think you can ever
retire from something you love. I have worked in the equinebusiness for over 20 yrs. I got started working for other people at a young age. I grew up in the equine world. It was all I knew as a child.  

I have 2 dogs. a German Shepherd, (Von bloodline) and a English Mastiff Great Dane breed for wild bore hunting.  he weights
around 210lbs and is a couch potato.  best dog Ive ever owned.  One horse three  goats. four rabbits 2 cats an a few
chickens. I enjoy taking care of animals in which are in need of special needs. I assisted a local vet when I managed a horse
farm. It was very educational with the line of work I was in. I love to teach children who are "underprivileged" about
horses and maintenance of such.  They always come out ahead of spoiled children. I refuse to teach a child who is spoiled
and given everything they ask.   And I am very Straight Up with such.

When in high school my algebra teacher stated I was "set in my ways"  that statement has lasted thus far. I am not open
minded. I usually offend people by just being myself with no harm intended.  I am quite but very blunt. I don't believe in
ghosts UFOs aliens or global warming. I fully support the war in Iraq and have many family members in Iraq. I grew up with
some beliefs in God. Now I am Apostlic.  Not because of people but because of self foundness..(if that's a word) I generally post
mainly in the spirituality boards. Ive played video games since Atari 2600 came out.  w00t.gif  I've been playing the quake
series since 1998 and counting. I came to um almost two years ago and have learned a great deal about people. Its an great
place to learn about anything and everything in the world. That's it for me. not sure if its whats suppose to be, but I gave it a
try. original.gif

Sounds good to me. Now make it a little link in your signature, so anyone that says, "Who is this knuckle head and why does he think such-and-such?", they can look at this post and have a better idea of where your coming from.  thumbsup.gif

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#155    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

eqgumby on Jun 24 2008, 01:59 PM, said:

Sounds good to me. Now make it a little link in your signature, so anyone that says, "Who is this knuckle head and why does he think such-and-such?", they can look at this post and have a better idea of where your coming from.  thumbsup.gif

Sorry, error!
wink2.gif

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry

#156    sbradj

sbradj

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

rolleyes.gif       tongue.gif  

now if you can give instructions on how to put it into a link. Id appreciate it. i havent been able to do so successfully.

If you wanna read nice things, then go to your local floriest and read their nice note tags  

"I'm your huckleberry" Doc. Holliday

#157    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

sbradj on Jun 30 2008, 10:21 AM, said:

rolleyes.gif       tongue.gif  

now if you can give instructions on how to put it into a link. Id appreciate it. i havent been able to do so successfully.

Mine looks like this:
Go to My Controls, and edit signature.

url="http://www.unexplain...#entry1535534"]Credentials/Background<--This is a link![/url

I just removed the first bracket and last bracket [ ] so the HTML shows up.

It's all in the "insert link" box next to the emoticons button.  wink2.gif  Dig around, you'll find it!

#158    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

I'm 17
I currently am going into grade 12
I believe in ET visitation and the possibility of spirits/ghosts.
I enjoy reading, family, traveling, and playing the occasional video game. I also like movies and some TV.
I have a cat and a dog...
I intend on going into either LAW or Medical after highschool.

#159    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

I don't have any BA's, ABC's or PhD's........
I don't have any money or recording studios, books in print or run any theatre companies.
Joining UM has been the best education I have had, better than school.
I haven't seen a ghost or know anyone who has seen a ghost or think I am likely to see a ghost in the near future.
I am pretty boring, have been in a long term 24 year relationship, have 3 kids and too many pets.
I don't know why I even contributed to this topic.............
I don't have any credentials. ph34r.gif

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#160    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

weareallsuckers on Jul 9 2008, 09:10 AM, said:

I don't have any BA's, ABC's or PhD's........
I don't have any money or recording studios, books in print or run any theatre companies.
Joining UM has been the best education I have had, better than school.
I haven't seen a ghost or know anyone who has seen a ghost or think I am likely to see a ghost in the near future.
I am pretty boring, have been in a long term 24 year relationship, have 3 kids and too many pets.
I don't know why I even contributed to this topic.............
I don't have any credentials. ph34r.gif

That's the BEAUTY OF IT! You DO! See, now I know why talking to YOU about ghosts would be futile. You really have no associates or know anyone that claims to have seen a ghost?
We also know that you have some experience in the realm of child-rearing too, so a topic that touches on kids may mean something different to you than to a 13 year old kid. (We had a HUGE debate about the Spears girl from ZOE 101 getting knocked up, and age played a huge factor in the varying opinions as well as if you had kids or not).

So now we know MORE about you and where you are coming from! THAT is what this thread is for. Now, MAKE A LINK!  wink2.gif

#161    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,686 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

While I am here, starting September 1st I'll just be a bee keeper....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#162    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

questionmark on Jul 9 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

While I am here, starting September 1st I'll just be a bee keeper....

Just? You mean, your giving it all up, the fame, the fortune, the respect and prestige, to be a ... bee keeper?

#163    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

eqgumby on Jul 10 2008, 01:08 AM, said:

That's the BEAUTY OF IT! You DO! See, now I know why talking to YOU about ghosts would be futile. You really have no associates or know anyone that claims to have seen a ghost?
We also know that you have some experience in the realm of child-rearing too, so a topic that touches on kids may mean something different to you than to a 13 year old kid. (We had a HUGE debate about the Spears girl from ZOE 101 getting knocked up, and age played a huge factor in the varying opinions as well as if you had kids or not).

So now we know MORE about you and where you are coming from! THAT is what this thread is for. Now, MAKE A LINK!  wink2.gif

lol...I guess so.....

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#164    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,686 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:40 PM

eqgumby on Jul 9 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

Just? You mean, your giving it all up, the fame, the fortune, the respect and prestige, to be a ... bee keeper?

You mean: am I giving up a board that insists on not paying author's advances, will in the future only publish known authors and is going to scratch about 50% of the publishing? Well, YES

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#165    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

questionmark on Jul 9 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

You mean: am I giving up a board that insists on not paying author's advances, will in the future only publish known authors and is going to scratch about 50% of the publishing? Well, YES

Dare I ask what board you are referring to, or do you wish to keep that on the down low? I'd love to peruse some of your work if it's publicly available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users