Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what if the dinos are coming back?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

I wasnt going to reply on this thread but it really bothers me when someone says something is not possible when they have no clue what they are talking about, first of all a civilization no matter how advanced they were after 40+ million years and a meteor strike there would be no evidence of that civilization and if there was it would be buried so deep we wouldnt have found it yet. Also do you honestly beleive that we have fossils of every creature that lived back then because if you do you are sadly diluted we havent even discovered all the living animals yet. 120 million years is plenty of time for a intelligent species to evolve and then leave this earth to avoid the impact of a meteor. I agree its not likely but it is not impossible.

If you didn't say it, I was going to.  I don't think it happened, but there is a chance it could have.  Certainly NOT impossible.

#32    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

I wasnt going to reply on this thread but it really bothers me when someone says something is not possible when they have no clue what they are talking about, first of all a civilization no matter how advanced they were after 40+ million years and a meteor strike there would be no evidence of that civilization and if there was it would be buried so deep we wouldnt have found it yet. Also do you honestly beleive that we have fossils of every creature that lived back then because if you do you are sadly diluted we havent even discovered all the living animals yet. 120 million years is plenty of time for a intelligent species to evolve and then leave this earth to avoid the impact of a meteor. I agree its not likely but it is not impossible.

Well there would be evidence, there are 2 known meteor strikes one in Yucatan and one much smaller (but still sizable) in the North Sea. That leaves a lot of land still, also a civilisation capable of leaving the planet would have left a lot of technology, it would not have been destroy by a meteor unless they all lived in Yucatan, something which can be safely ruled out. No i don't believe we have discovered all dinosaur species, but we have discovered enough to show there is no evidence of any of them being able to pilot a spaceship.

Personally I have never been diluted in my life. I don't believe I have I been deluded either.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#33    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,412 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

Well there would be evidence, there are 2 known meteor strikes one in Yucatan and one much smaller (but still sizable) in the North Sea.

There are more than 2 known meteor strikes, here is one that was recently found under a half mile of ice in the antartic.  The crater is as wide as the state of Ohio.
http://buzz.smm.org/buzz/blog/crater_found...killer_asteroid

I don't believe I have I been deluded either.

Not allowing even the smallest chance that we could be wrong about the evolution of life on this planet or missing some key discoveries would seem delusional to some.

#34    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:46 PM

There are more than 2 known meteor strikes, here is one that was recently found under a half mile of ice in the antartic.  The crater is as wide as the state of Ohio.
http://buzz.smm.org/buzz/blog/crater_found...killer_asteroid
Not allowing even the smallest chance that we could be wrong about the evolution of life on this planet or missing some key discoveries would seem delusional to some.

I never said I wasn't wrong, I said I wasn't delusional, there is a difference.
Those meteors are the wrong time, I'm refering to the K-T boundy not the permian - triassic, that was 120 million years before the dinos dissapeared, just before they arrived in fact.

YNWA

#35    anarchy_?

anarchy_?

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:42 AM

i am half dinosaur and yes my great great grandpa left earth many moon cycles ago.wtf ph34r.gif

#36    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,412 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:12 AM

I never said I wasn't wrong, I said I wasn't delusional, there is a difference.
Those meteors are the wrong time, I'm refering to the K-T boundy not the permian - triassic, that was 120 million years before the dinos dissapeared, just before they arrived in fact.

You didn't specify, which is fine.  I'm sure the asteroid impacts that you have learned about are the only ones that will ever be discovered around the time of the K-T boudary.  There is no way there could be another one out there or we would have noticed.  I mean after all, we know everything that is to be known about the earth's history and the life that has evolved on it.  Surely nothing could have existed on the face of the planet that we don't know of because we would have found evidence of it by now.  Yeah, new discoveries don't happen ever and the paradigms are unchanging.  All the pieces are already in place.  It sure is nice that we know everything and there is not the slightest chance that a scenario like the op stated could have happened.  

It is not a possibility.

It really, really is not possible at all. Really.

#37    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:14 AM

You didn't specify, which is fine.  I'm sure the asteroid impacts that you have learned about are the only ones that will ever be discovered around the time of the K-T boudary.  There is no way there could be another one out there or we would have noticed.  I mean after all, we know everything that is to be known about the earth's history and the life that has evolved on it.  Surely nothing could have existed on the face of the planet that we don't know of because we would have found evidence of it by now.  Yeah, new discoveries don't happen ever and the paradigms are unchanging.  All the pieces are already in place.  It sure is nice that we know everything and there is not the slightest chance that a scenario like the op stated could have happened.

Don't patronise me, I never said I knew everything, I never said everything was know, I said dinosaur didn't fly away in a space ship. The vast majority of people would consider that a perfectly sensible statement. I neve said the was no other K-T meteorite hits, but since Asia lacks any giant K-t craters,  it is safe to assume one didn't hit there. They have great fossil beds however from the cretacious, and the are only bones, nothing indicating that anyone manufactured anything.

Edited by Mattshark, 12 March 2007 - 01:17 AM.

YNWA

#38    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,412 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:10 AM

Don't patronise me, I never said I knew everything, I never said everything was know, I said dinosaur didn't fly away in a space ship. The vast majority of people would consider that a perfectly sensible statement. I neve said the was no other K-T meteorite hits, but since Asia lacks any giant K-t craters,  it is safe to assume one didn't hit there. They have great fossil beds however from the cretacious, and the are only bones, nothing indicating that anyone manufactured anything.

I'm not patronizing you, I'm just taking issue with your posts, nothing more.  I am certainly not arguing that the dinos flew away in a spaceship.  They OP asked if it was possible that the dinos "evolved a humanoid being capable of technology and space travel" and could have left the earth.  My stance is that the possibility, while EXTREMELY small based on what we know, still exists.

Think of it this way, what if I asked if it was possible that I win the next two lotto jackpots.  Now you seem like a smart guy.  The answer I would expect is, yeah it is possible, but... then give me all the reasons why it is not going to happen.  

I realize that is not an exact anology, but I think you get my point.

#39    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

I'm not patronizing you, I'm just taking issue with your posts, nothing more.  I am certainly not arguing that the dinos flew away in a spaceship.  They OP asked if it was possible that the dinos "evolved a humanoid being capable of technology and space travel" and could have left the earth.  My stance is that the possibility, while EXTREMELY small based on what we know, still exists.

Think of it this way, what if I asked if it was possible that I win the next two lotto jackpots.  Now you seem like a smart guy.  The answer I would expect is, yeah it is possible, but... then give me all the reasons why it is not going to happen.  

My personal idea is though that when you get to a level of probability that is so low you can safely dismiss an idea. linked-image

YNWA

#40    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Well there is a possiblity that pigs can  fly.
The chances for dinos is so small as to be impossible.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#41    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

just a wierd thought.. the dinos have been dominating earth for 120 million years, is it possible they have evolved a humanoid being capable of technology and space travel..that they fled earth before the asteroid impacts all, krypton style? anyways.. you must be thinking. well if they did evolve into technological capable species, why arent any of their ruins left behind? for one thing what if it was their choice to not leave anything behind in case mammals takes over the planets while they are gone and decide to evolve into people and start reverse engineering their technology and one day use it back against them when they come back.... haha who knows.. but its an interesting thought tho..it only took apes couple of million years to evolve into people..and only 40 thousand years ago we started becoming modern.. and it only took us 100 years from shuttling across the oceans to shuttling to the moon...  
dinos that lived in trees might have counterparts to the mammalian monkeys or apes.. that eventually lead these into man.. so within that 120 million years, it's a possibility  grin2.gif

Hi Cyrus,

Very interestng post.  If you get a chance, pleae read R. A. Boulay's book "Flying Serpents and Dragons."  In that book, he indeed talks about them not leaving any of their destructive technology behind.  Albeit, we do have some, what I would call "alien" technology", I think the technology mentioned in the book would be so destructive that it could wipe away a civilization in the blinking of an eye.  I agree as you mentioned that maybe they didn't want us to reverse engineer any of those weapons to use against them.  You know what they say about foolish children.  I do believe there could've possibly been a homo-saurus(as you will see in the book), but it could be too that they retreated underground.  From things I've heard, there are living creatures living under the Earth.

As far as us evolving into these homosauruses, I think that would be devolution UNLESS we were genetically engineering to evolve into these beings.  With all the experiments going on right now in genetic engineering, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an off-shoot of our species to homosaurus.  Also, to recreate the dinosaurs, all they would need is a little DNA from ancient remains.  I have a sneaking suspicion they may have one or more of these dinosaurs already created and hidden somewhere.  It's not an impossiblity.

linked-image

#42    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,412 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

My personal idea is though that when you get to a level of probability that is so low you can safely dismiss an idea. linked-image

Fair enough, I think we have expended enough energy on this thread  wink2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users