Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hypertextual Consciousness?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 22 November 2003 - 03:48 AM

Let's assume "cyberspace," here put in quotes so as to grab hold of the term as if it were an actual thing in the physical world of material thought, is a new universe, a parallel universe created and sustained by the global computer networks. If the continuous flow of data throughout the "cyberspace" realm is always already interconnnected by the network technology that makes the dream of international data-transfer possible, then what does this do to the concept of hypertextual consciousness?

How do you feel about this? The possibilty of an Actual Matrix, where people have Emotion, Pain, Ecstasy, and Wonder. thumbsup.gif  

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#2    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:26 PM

eehh..... Moe is not touching that one.  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#3    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:57 PM

Why not Moe? This is where Technology is leading us into. Where our world wil be controlled by nanotechnology, and Biological computers. thumbsup.gif

I find it quite simple for the idea of a man one day being capable of downloading himself into a V.R world.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#4    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:51 AM

lets be honest,,this is where things strart to freak people out

in the matrix neo is told..what is real..you feel the chair,an electrical impulse is sent from your fingertips to your brain...so how do we know we are awake

i love films like the matrix and another oldie..the net ...if everything is on barcodes and computers,,the ones who want to know where we are will know what they want..how many bottles of beer was puschased with your credit card and so on

#5    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:06 AM

You really think people freak out over this, which you are probably right.
But I say lets Embrace it. thumbsup.gif

Ill drink a Beer to that too. thumbsup.gif  

#6    alienmojo

alienmojo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• Now what???

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:30 AM

I don't know about you guys.. but I'm sick of being fat and ugly.  I'll take the matrix anytime.

Can you download me onto the Nostromo?  I'll take being stalked by aliens over a day in my life anytime.

I've got a bad feeling about this!

#7    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:52 AM

Im sick of just Good Looking, or Moderate Looking Girls, Id also take the Matrix Id make sure I have the Perfect Woman, no offense to My Girlfriend, hehehehe!!! thumbsup.gif  

#8    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 23 November 2003 - 09:58 PM

I'd email myself a six pack. laugh.gif  

Nothing to see here.

#9    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:36 PM

Wow sounds interesting, does this mean i could have bigger boobs for free? change my body anyway i like? Nothing is better than real life peoples, nothing would be real anymore if what your saying happens, it would get very boring very easily, with everything being perfect and all. I am proud of my uniqueness, where  as i am not "perfect", in my eyes why would anyone want to be perfect, howabout being unique?  

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#10    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Blood Angel @ Nov 23 2003, 04:36 PM)
Wow sounds interesting, does this mean i could have bigger boobs for free? change my body anyway i like?

Would you like bigger boobs BA??? I'm sure Santa would hook you up if you asked nice enough.  laugh.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#11    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:23 AM

<- New Jordan/Pam Anderson in the making, should i go all out and have my lips done too XD!!!

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#12    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:03 PM

I wanna cool car, too.   Like the one Mad Max drives.

Nothing to see here.

#13    Melladior

Melladior

Poltergeist

• 2,177 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:36 PM

I'd upload myself into a program that lets me shape-shift.  Then I'd run amok.

#14    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:19 PM

I would run the company that owns the computer you are all uploading into and become rich.
You didnt think it would be free did you? tongue.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#15    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 24 November 2003 - 11:28 PM

I'd email myself a six pack. 
  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users