Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American UFO Theory

Test Subject

So I have this theory behind UFO's and alien abductions in the USA. The basis of this theory is from "Ockham's Razor" which says that any phenomenon is best explained using the simplest explanation. The American government, at this point, has explained UFO sightings with several different stories such as weather balloons falling and the testing of new military aircraft. There's no doubt that these 2 explanations close the book on many sightings. Certainly the testing of military aircraft seems like a plausible explanation for almost any UFO sighting in the USA. UFO means "unidentified flying object" so if the person identifying a military aircraft on its first long distance test-run doesn't recognize it, then it's a UFO to them. We all know the Americans will keep their military and technology, above anything else, very secretive until they are ready to expose it. When someone sees a UFO in the states, Ockham's Razor demands they instantly think "new military aircraft" not "aliens".

Anyone familiar with th B2 Spirit Stealth Bomber? Check it out here: http://www.mara.org.uk/Image9.gif

In fact click here for a site with many pictures of American Military Aircraft that could easily be mistaken for UFO'S.

Now let's take this one step further. What kind of technology does the American government posess? How can we really know? What are they hiding and why? On a day-to-day basis, we see tonnes of technology yet our exposure to the state-of-the art is limited. Hell, Microsoft is limiting us to their technology that is years old, not their new stuff. Don't you think the American government is hiding more than Bill Gates? So with their newest technology, as with any technology, it needs to be trialed. That's why people are seeing UFO'S. As I said before, we don't know what they are hiding from us and/or why, so perhaps these trials need to be top secret. If the trials require the craft to be flown in residential areas, then keeping them secret is, well, impossible...

Not quite! The people who spot these crafts are going to assume they're alien, not military! Now what if the government feeds off of this and makes things more suspicious by staging abductions? It works because the people targeted are going to think they've been abducted by aliens, and everyone else won't believe them because they're obviously crazy. Seems like a pretty good little system, doesn't it? Now the American government can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Since they're already flying UFO's and abducting people, why not run tests and experiments on people that you otherwise would not be able to perform because of human rights? It's too perfect! This also explains why people are sometimes abducted a 2nd and/or 3rd time years later...follow-up tests!

OK now this seems like a neat little package they have tied up, no? Well the final nail in the coffin...the last part of the plan to ensure the focus is on extraterrestrials and off of themselves, the American sends out one of their big-wigs like former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter to "side with the people" and demand to know what the government knows about aliens. With a guy like that fuelling the flame, it really seems as though some alien/UFO knowledge is being covered up. But it's not. Hillenkoetter knows full well the American government has no proof of aliens. He knows the sightings and abductions are performed by his very own people. He's a part of the greatest cover up of all.

Now, I've certainly established motive. The rest is all circumstantial and far-fetched. Having said that, I feel the scenario involving aliens is more far-fetched. Ockham's Razor puts the odds in favour of my story. As for my theory being possible, which is the next question you're probably asking...think about it...if the American government wanted to abduct you directly from your house, room, and bed...don't you think they could? Think of their technology...they can do more amazing things than that. Abducting you without a trace and returning you home with the impression you were abducted by aliens would be easy for them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skyeagle409

• Test Subject

• Atheist God

• Unlimited

My dear boy, the US military has been tracking, studying, even downing and reverse-engineering extraterrestrial craft since the late '40s. We just don't know about any of that because major media are under the control of US intelligence agencies. It's very simple really. The dawn of the internet makes us slowly aware of what has been going on in black projects for decades.

But I agree with regards to one aspect: the reverse-engineering of ET spacecraft has given our military the potential to imitate a cosmic attack which will be indistinguishable from the real deal.

My dear boy, the US military has been tracking, studying, even downing and reverse-engineering extraterrestrial craft since the late '40s. We just don't know about any of that because major media are under the control of US intelligence agencies. It's very simple really. The dawn of the internet makes us slowly aware of what has been going on in black projects for decades.

But I agree with regards to one aspect: the reverse-engineering of ET spacecraft has given our military the potential to imitate a cosmic attack which will be indistinguishable from the real deal.

Again, your statement is speculation and theory. You don't know for sure if aliens have even ever been on this planet. Nothing you said is any more plausible than what I said.

Push your assumptions aside. I've established motive and ability. Everyone who ever may have spent 1/2 hour watching an alien abduction special on TV may have been dooped by the government into believing such a thing has any possible realism to it.

So I have this theory behind UFO's and alien abductions in the USA. The basis of this theory is from "Ockham's Razor" which says that any phenomenon is best explained using the simplest explanation. The American government, at this point, has explained UFO sightings with several different stories such as weather balloons falling and the testing of new military aircraft. There's no doubt that these 2 explanations close the book on many sightings. Certainly the testing of military aircraft seems like a plausible explanation for almost any UFO sighting in the USA. UFO means "unidentified flying object" so if the person identifying a military aircraft on its first long distance test-run doesn't recognize it, then it's a UFO to them. We all know the Americans will keep their military and technology, above anything else, very secretive until they are ready to expose it. When someone sees a UFO in the states, Ockham's Razor demands they instantly think "new military aircraft" not "aliens".

Anyone familiar with th B2 Spirit Stealth Bomber? Check it out here: http://www.mara.org.uk/Image9.gif

In fact click here for a site with many pictures of American Military Aircraft that could easily be mistaken for UFO'S.

Now let's take this one step further. What kind of technology does the American government posess? How can we really know? What are they hiding and why? On a day-to-day basis, we see tonnes of technology yet our exposure to the state-of-the art is limited. Hell, Microsoft is limiting us to their technology that is years old, not their new stuff. Don't you think the American government is hiding more than Bill Gates? So with their newest technology, as with any technology, it needs to be trialed. That's why people are seeing UFO'S. As I said before, we don't know what they are hiding from us and/or why, so perhaps these trials need to be top secret. If the trials require the craft to be flown in residential areas, then keeping them secret is, well, impossible...

Not quite! The people who spot these crafts are going to assume they're alien, not military! Now what if the government feeds off of this and makes things more suspicious by staging abductions? It works because the people targeted are going to think they've been abducted by aliens, and everyone else won't believe them because they're obviously crazy. Seems like a pretty good little system, doesn't it? Now the American government can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Since they're already flying UFO's and abducting people, why not run tests and experiments on people that you otherwise would not be able to perform because of human rights? It's too perfect! This also explains why people are sometimes abducted a 2nd and/or 3rd time years later...follow-up tests!

OK now this seems like a neat little package they have tied up, no? Well the final nail in the coffin...the last part of the plan to ensure the focus is on extraterrestrials and off of themselves, the American sends out one of their big-wigs like former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter to "side with the people" and demand to know what the government knows about aliens. With a guy like that fuelling the flame, it really seems as though some alien/UFO knowledge is being covered up. But it's not. Hillenkoetter knows full well the American government has no proof of aliens. He knows the sightings and abductions are performed by his very own people. He's a part of the greatest cover up of all.

Now, I've certainly established motive. The rest is all circumstantial and far-fetched. Having said that, I feel the scenario involving aliens is more far-fetched. Ockham's Razor puts the odds in favour of my story. As for my theory being possible, which is the next question you're probably asking...think about it...if the American government wanted to abduct you directly from your house, room, and bed...don't you think they could? Think of their technology...they can do more amazing things than that. Abducting you without a trace and returning you home with the impression you were abducted by aliens would be easy for them.

Well done, except that UFO's have been recorded and photographed since well before our military MIGHT have the technology to do anything like the UFO's. I still haven't seen ONE military aircraft that looks anything like a B-2 or F-117 that is quiet (both are incredibley noisy), or can hover. Please explain when we developed the technology to cancel out G-forces when making super rapid accelerations and turns? If we have it, why aren't we using it?

I'll grant that 95% of all sightings are explainable by normal means, but I can more easily believe in alien visitation than we (or any other country on this planet) have this type technology and have managed to keep it a secret and not use it in combat. Why would we do this when our country is at war?

Paul R. Hill, former NASA engineer, in his landmark book "Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis," he related a sighting that occurred on December 6th of 1952. A B-29 bomber was cruising at 18,000 feet over the Gulf of Mexico. At 5:25am, a fast moving target appeared on the scope as reported by Lt. Coleman. Coleman was amazed at the speed of the object. It moved 13 nautical miles between radar sweeps. He grabbed his stopwatch, timed the object, and computed its speed to 5,240 mph. Captain Harter ordered Lt. Coleman to recalibrate his set. Harter was in disbelief that an object at that altitude could attain such a speed. After recalibration the same blip was present on radar traveling at the same speed earlier recorded.

Then, 4 more blips appeared on the scope approaching the B-29 head on. These objects also appeared on the captains scope as well as the navigators scope. The objects were then seen visually by every man onboard. The objects eminated a bright blue light as they flew by at over 5,000mph. Shortly there after, a third group appeared on the scope and flew by at close proximity appeared as blurs of blue-white light at that speed. Again the clocked speed was over 5,000 mph. Later, Captain Harter watched 5 of the objects 40 miles behind them cut across the path of the aircraft then turn and head straight for the bomber. After catching up to the bomber they slowed down and paced the bomber for a little over 10 seconds.

The objects then sped off picking up speed once again. Captain Harter then noticed a new blip on the scope. The spot was half an inch wide on the radar scope! The 5 unknown objects were seen on radar to merge with this enormous half inch blip on the radar scope. After merging the object shot off the scope at a tremendous speed. Coleman clocked the speed of the exiting "mother ship" and related his calculations to Captain Harter. "We clocked it. You won't believe this! It was making over 9,000 mph!" Captain Harter replied, "I believe it alright. That's just what I figured."

The objects observed were certainly not meteors. 5,000 mph is far to slow for meteorites, and meteorites don't travel on a level plane of trajectory. Nor can they approach an object head on than make a U turn and rendezvous with the same aircraft, then decrease speed and pace the aircraft for several seconds before shooting off in another direction increasing speed once more.

From the manuevers documented by these highly trained observers, it is clear that whatever was observed was being intelligently controlled. The objects flew towards the bomber in formation at 12 oclock, then after 40 miles completely turn and then slowed down to pace the bomber after catching up only to turn in another direction and increase speed once again to merge with a much larger object that hovered then shot off the scope at more than 9,000 mph.

And this is all documented in Air Force files. It is a reliable, verifiable form of evidence.

Paul Hill noted three reasons why the object was unconventional

1. Conventional craft don't cruise at 5,000 mph in level flight at 18,000 feet altitude. If they did, they would burn up.

2. U.S. rocket planes of that time period used only boost-glide trajectories, heading westward towards Edwards Air Force Base, Muroc, California, far to the west and over land.

3. Conventional craft don't make a blue streak. The blue streak tends to confirm the sighting of unconventional flying objects, as this is their characteristic color at high-power operation (further explanation in Section III).

It should also be noted that on November 19th of 1952, just one month prior to the sighting, the North American F-86 Sabre set the world aircraft speed record, 1124 kph or 698.4 mph. Are you suggesting the United States military possessed the technology for such feats of aircraft superiority? We had yet to top the sound barrier and yet you claim we had the technology to develop aircraft capable of doing 10 times that speed??? We have YET to produce aircraft that even come close to that speed. Another thing to note is the lack of a sonic boom. Are you to suggest the United States military possessed the technology to prevent a sonic boom in 1952? Looks like the burden of proof is on you here.

Edited by Prophecy Guru

Well, your theory is plausible, Test Subject, taking in consideration that probably the only nation highly affected by the UFO hype is the United States. Why do most (roughly all) of the UFO incidents/sightings being recorded occur in the US? Don't you see that guys? Don't tell me Aliens target the US because it's the most advanced nation in the world. Well, honestly, if I were them, I'd hit Japan instead -- no offense here :)

Well, your theory is plausible, Test Subject, taking in consideration that probably the only nation highly affected by the UFO hype is the United States. Why do most (roughly all) of the UFO incidents/sightings being recorded occur in the US? Don't you see that guys? Don't tell me Aliens target the US because it's the most advanced nation in the world. Well, honestly, if I were them, I'd hit Japan instead -- no offense here :)

This is one of the most common misconceptions made regarding the field of UFOlogy. The reality of the matter is quite the contrary. There have been thousands of reported sightings all throughout the world, not exclusively the U.S. It just so happens that the american culture embraces the phenomenon more openly than in other countries. Despite this lack of "hype," there are no less sightings in other countries than there are in the United States. Maybe you've never heard of the French Cometa Report. How about the Belgium UFO wave? Japan Airlines?

Here is a case from China.

Speaking of China they take this subject very seriously! Check out some of these articles:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articl...e.html?id=10685

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1203.htm (half of the entire population of China believes in UFO’s!)

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/cover010206.htm

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc431.htm

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf...aliens/?related

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc450.htm

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/China.htm

India UFO Website

UFOs in Russia

UFOs Over Africa

South Africa & UFOs

Jet Chase UFOs in Brazil

UFO Chase Over Tehran Iran

Rendleshem Incident: Suffolk, England

UFO Pictures: South America

Poland/Germany UFO Photo

UFOs in Mexico

UFO Sightings in Argentina

UFOs in Australia

Finland UFO Controversy

UFOs in Canada

Italian UFO Site

More on UFOs in Italy

The list goes on and on. Although the number of reports may be magnified in the western hemisphere, the notion that sightings are rare anywhere other than the U.S. is simply flat out inaccurate.

Edited by Prophecy Guru

On a recent airing of Sci-Fi Investigates they had a New Mexican rancher near Dulce on...He showed them audio bugs they found in their house, gas mask they found in their field etc.. They also said that army helicopters abducted their cows took them away for a little cut them up then they watched as the helicopters retured dropping the cows from some serious height enough to break it's hips. They said they were told why but were told not to tell anyone or else.

Government staging cow abductions in Dulce, NM is pretty interesting considering the rumors of an underground/mountain base their of course hidden and top secret. The towns folk there seemed like they all had something to hide, I base this opinion from previous footage I have seen from that neck of the woods.

I agree that the government is responsible for most UFO sightings and possibly abductions as well. I also beleive that the only thing the government has is evidence on the same level as what is available to the public. They know something thats not theirs is flying around they just don't want people to know they don't have a plan. Realistically how could you prepare for an interstellar war with a species many more times as advanced as you?

I have often considered the possibility that we do have highly exotic propulsion systems and weapons etc and that every UFO is human in origin. Government plays the psy-op card now you have 2 sides debating what UFO's are keeping their eyes off the real prize.

As I said before, we don't know what they are hiding from us and/or why, so perhaps these trials need to be top secret. If the trials require the craft to be flown in residential areas, then keeping them secret is, well, impossible...

They hide the good stuff so the enemies they have don't find out. As for flying in residential areas if no one can identify it they don't have to either...In other words out right deny it. I have seen 2 UFO's one of which was definatly unlike anything I have ever seen.

Prophecy Guru,

That was very convincing! You must have spent a considerable amount of time typing these links!

Thanks anyway :)

Actually, I know there are a lot of UFO incidents around the world. There's even a popular one in my country that was published in a well-known magazine. It happened in a country region. I'm gonna translate it from Arabic and post it here as soon as I get excited about it..

Stonewall: Perhaps the technology isn't combat ready. Perhaps it is combat ready but the US doesn't feel they have to use it, and instead are holding on to it until a time when they have to use it. The truth is they'll use it in combat once and then another country will eventually double the technology, so there's no need to risk that until they have to. And as you mentioned, the US is at war, but to me this is even more of a reason to keep technology secret. Any country will go through great lengths to keep their technology secret. The Bismark, in WW2, was caught dead in the water. The crew destroyed that ship from within rather than have the allies board it and learn their technology.

Prophecy Guru: I don't think I am familiar with this case. I can counter quickly with (a)people tend to exaggerate things; and (b)Captain Harter and Lt. Coleman may be right alongside Vice Admiral Hillenkoetter in creating a cover-up. Thanks for posting all those links, I'll check them out later. Is there a link to the mother ship story you posted as well?

GanjaGuru: Thanks, finally someone who agrees with my theory! You know, a lot of the UFO sightings in other countries can be attributed to this as well. Perhaps the US is flying these things into other countries' territory so as to see what is picked up...honestly, it's a trial they would have to do with such technology, so it makes sense. Perhaps these other countries have seen these things and when they ask the US about it, the US denies any knowledge and then look suspiscious. Do you think Prophecy Guru's story could be fabricated by the US government to put themselves in the same situation as those other countries, to keep the suspiscion off of themselves?

well said...Im sure they have also since about 1938-39...theres so much disinformation floating around here that noone can just demand the truth...it's a matter of national security...i've spent time in a secret service dungeon; for seeking these truths...

i've spent time in a secret service dungeon; for seeking these truths...

oh please elaborate...

I have some problems with your theory. That would be money and motive.

How much money, aircraft (secret) and manpower would it take to fly these aircraft all over the world. UFO's are observed all over the world and in very remote areas, not just in the US. Sure, many sightings in the US could be explained with black projects, but not everywhere. There are literally thousands of reports each year. There just wouldn't be enough of these secret aircraft to pull it off. The US Air Force couldn't do it with known existing craft, much less thousands of secret aircraft. Too much fuel, no motive and too many people involved to keep it all quiet.

I prefer this quote as opposed to Ockham's Razor ..."when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I'm thinking that there could be a second top secret and self-funding world government that is responsible for making and piloting UFO's, maybe because there is something that they feel could be threatening the human race, but the treat doesn't have to be aliens.

The Bismark, in WW2, was caught dead in the water. The crew destroyed that ship from within rather than have the allies board it and learn their technology.

GanjaGuru: Thanks, finally someone who agrees with my theory! You know, a lot of the UFO sightings in other countries can be attributed to this as well. Perhaps the US is flying these things into other countries' territory so as to see what is picked up...honestly, it's a trial they would have to do with such technology, so it makes sense. Perhaps these other countries have seen these things and when they ask the US about it, the US denies any knowledge and then look suspiscious. Do you think Prophecy Guru's story could be fabricated by the US government to put themselves in the same situation as those other countries, to keep the suspiscion off of themselves?

They scuttled the Bismark after it was a broken hulk....not before. They weren't dead in the water, but the rudder was damaged by a British aircraft.

If the US wants to keep the secret aircraft a secret......why do they fly them all over the place where they are observed and photographed?

AW...not every sighting would be a part of my theory. Just several sightings and most of the abductions. Other sightings are misidentifications, weather balloons, hallucinations, fakes, stars, etc, etc

As for their top secret aircrafts being photographed...how many good photos are there? Not many at all, so it's not a problem.

If the US had developed exotic technology in secret or even possibly reverse engineered alien technology we will never know about it. If the US could build what I seen I would be surprised.

How much money, aircraft (secret) and manpower would it take to fly these aircraft all over the world. UFO's are observed all over the world and in very remote areas, not just in the US. Sure, many sightings in the US could be explained with black projects, but not everywhere. There are literally thousands of reports each year. There just wouldn't be enough of these secret aircraft to pull it off. The US Air Force couldn't do it with known existing craft, much less thousands of secret aircraft. Too much fuel, no motive and too many people involved to keep it all quiet.

I kinda have to agree with most of this, the resources needed to conduct operations of these kind would have to be great. While American sightings could infact be secret planes in a lot of cases I doubt they would be recreationally flying around small puny nations.

If the US wants to keep the secret aircraft a secret......why do they fly them all over the place where they are observed and photographed?
Why not it could make for the perfect psy-op... While I don't think this is necissarily the case in a lot of the good UFO sightings I definatly think that the US, Brittain and other nations have more knowledge then they make aware to the general public.

AW...not every sighting would be a part of my theory. Just several sightings and most of the abductions. Other sightings are misidentifications, weather balloons, hallucinations, fakes, stars, etc, etc

Personally I think abductions belong in a totally different category then UFO sightings.

As for their top secret aircrafts being photographed...how many good photos are there? Not many at all, so it's not a problem.

Or maybe there are lots of them but because people can't identify them due to various factors they are mistaken for alien craft... Personally though after some of the things I have looked into I think that a lot of UFO's aren't American.

Actually, taking performance characteristics of UFOs and those of conventional aircraft, "Oscam's Razor" would present the ETH as the most logical and simpliest explanation. Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, knew the UFOs were not ours.

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is..."

Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

Edited by skyeagle409

A marriage between the two viewpoints.

Ufos are originally extraterrestrial, but the US government has been busy like bees retreiving some of them, reverse engineering their flight propulsion systems and copying their design. Other nations may have tried as well, but eventually didn't go so far as to literally copy them.

Why are the US doing this? Not to use them in combat.

The Americans, as the immature culture that they are, saw ETs as a menace, and applied their Cold War logic:

1. assume the colors of the enemy

2. create a false flag operation where aliens will be presented as evil

3. force your own legitimacy to fight against the cosmic invaders and assure space militarization.

That's what the American ufos are kept in stock for: to reveal themselves in a fake attack from outer space.

Cosmic deception: let the citizen beware

Edited by DeltaT

please elaborate...

I agree that the government is responsible for most UFO sightings and possibly abductions as well. I also beleive that the only thing the government has is evidence on the same level as what is available to the public. They know something thats not theirs is flying around they just don't want people to know they don't have a plan. Realistically how could you prepare for an interstellar war with a species many more times as advanced as you?

So, basically the government is responsible for soundless objects moving at speeds of about 3,000 km/h, making sharp turns and zig-zag patterns in the sky?

You make it seem as if all sightings are misidentifications and whtanot. Are you trying to say that a disc-shaped craft with pulsating lights all around the perimetre, hovering soundlessly and witnessed by several others would be a mere hallucination or a 'star'?

The frontiers of science have moved ahead at a certain overall pace, since the 1960s. The advances in the Standard Model and quantum physics have been assisted mostly by particle accelerators and astrophysics research. That community, worldwide, ends up being familiar with concepts and breakthroughs that are international in scope.

QCD, asymptotic freedom of gluons, and confirmation of GR and SR and their plausible extensions leave little room to suppose that we have pushed ahead with grand new discoveries. Stan Deyo and his ilk claim that an international group has systematically bought out research, and taken theorists into their fold for complete control of non-traditional

flight methods.

Deyo used to live in my town, and I checked out his background as far as possible. Some small details held up, but that does not convince me that down the line, he discovered the "clique" that controlled top researchers, whom he also claims he worked for. He is the only person who states he was a design engineer for the USG on exotic propulsion.

I doubt him, and others who claim that advanced physics is qualitatively beyond what the world already knows about.

At least we all agree on one thing - we have been duped!

Well... don the tin foil hats..... If a substantial threat existed and these sightings occurred so frequently that they caused public concern, wouldn’t there be an awareness campaign?

Black Projects and Shadow funding obviously occurs if a Government can afford a billion dollar a day war, I'm pretty damn sure they can fund the projects of insane theories.

As for Aliens why haven’t 'they' made contact with us, do you see our top scientists trying to communicate with ants.....

But as a famous comedian once stated (unsure of who), "For an advanced civilisation that has mastered interstellar / inter-dimensional travel, why would they travel here to be shot down by primitive missile systems, abduct innocuous hillbillies / insane people and crash land. Wouldn’t you think that they would have invented crumple zones or air bags?"

Edited by hbd777

So, basically the government is responsible for soundless objects moving at speeds of about 3,000 km/h, making sharp turns and zig-zag patterns in the sky?

Pleas re-read that quote.... What I was saying is that a large chunk of sightings especially in the US could be and have been secret planes. I had also acknowledged that not all of them can be ours and aren't.

As for zig zags and sharp turns as well as 3k km/h we are more then capable of the speeds. For example the Raptor fighter jet is capable of manuevering well past the threshold of sound. It is also capable of exremely sharp turns givin in new thrust vectoring system.