Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ghost moose of Maine.

Sabu

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isis-999

• eqgumby

• jaylemurph

• capoeiranger

This article was in my local newspaper on Saturday. Rather interesting but more than likely nothing more than an albino moose. The photo accompanying the article is of an albino moose, not the mysterious "ghost moose".

ze link

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/02/...&frame=true

Sounds interesting. I'd love to actually see it though. But, if it were a real, live moose, I'd be up a tree like the bicyclist it scared. ^^

Sounds interesting. I'd love to actually see it though. But, if it were a real, live moose, I'd be up a tree like the bicyclist it scared. ^^

Ever see a moose close up? I lived in Maine, and went to a "ranch" and saw one like 2 feet away. They are HUGE. It's the legs, they are so long these critters bellies are at head level. And I'm 6ft+!

This article was in my local newspaper on Saturday. Rather interesting but more than likely nothing more than an albino moose. The photo accompanying the article is of an albino moose, not the mysterious "ghost moose".

ze link

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/02/...&frame=true

we used to have Albino Deer on an island I lived on, a fairly large herd actually. They were always totally fun to see. Admittedly, the first time I saw one it was dusk, they DO look "ghostly" in dusk or dawn or when it's foggy.

Yes, most likely an albino moose. I know a serviceman stationed in Alaska who saw an albino moose.

Does anyone know how to upload a pic on this thing?

Yes are you asking how or do you want to know why they post the link?...

Ever see a moose close up? I lived in Maine, and went to a "ranch" and saw one like 2 feet away. They are HUGE. It's the legs, they are so long these critters bellies are at head level. And I'm 6ft+!

Oh yes, the moose are large. I live in Maine, and have for 17+ years. As far as a "Ghost Moose"... probably not.

Albino, most likely. :tu:

we used to have Albino Deer on an island I lived on, a fairly large herd actually. They were always totally fun to see. Admittedly, the first time I saw one it was dusk, they DO look "ghostly" in dusk or dawn or when it's foggy.

Where I grew up on the North Carolina coast, there was a tale of a (ghost) White Deer, complete with schmaltzy Indian/colonist love story, and part of the Lost Colony non-sense.

--Jaylemurph

Oh pretty moose.

I'll be scared if I saw that thing. At night especially with fog.

its an albino moose no doubt about it, would look pretty freaky to see it during a fog though..

Where I grew up on the North Carolina coast, there was a tale of a (ghost) White Deer, complete with schmaltzy Indian/colonist love story, and part of the Lost Colony non-sense.

--Jaylemurph

I saw a white buck (deer) in Conn. in my backyard years ago. Pretty cool. Was like an 8 pointer too, full grown.

I saw a white buck (deer) in Conn. in my backyard years ago. Pretty cool. Was like an 8 pointer too, full grown.

That's cool!

Unfortunately, the place where you're supposed to see the White Deer of Roanoke is now Airport Rd.

I don't think there are any non-ghost deer in the Outer Banks any more.

--Jaylemurph

Well what does Bullwinkle think about this?

I'm sure he's jealous about it....... :w00t:

Moose --- black, brown or albino --- are not to be trifled with.

I have a cabin on a lake in British Columbia, Canada. Been going there since 1971. The locals are more afraid of moose than the black and grizzly bears in the area, with good reason.

Moose are incredibly stupid and impulsive.

They will charge unprovoked. Other times, you may be able to get quite close without any problem.

They're so unpredictable. This makes them dangerous to the unsuspecting.

The locals give moose a wide berth if they're encountered in the forest.

I knew an old guy years ago who came around a highway bend in his new 1951 Chrysler and there was a moose in the road. It charged his car. He had to slam his new car into reverse and go down the highway in reverse before the moose gave up!

He laughed about it and said it was one wild ride to escape it. With him were his wife and another couple, terrified at both the wild ride in reverse and the moose bearing down on them.

And yes, they are BIG!

My Dad had one run from the forest into the driver door. He was driving a pickup and it swung its head OVER the pickup's cab!

Watch them from a distance. Always keep an avenue of retreat in mind. Enjoy them for the magnificent animals they are. But never, ever think they won't paste you into the ground.