Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The final word on Ouija Boards

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?

1. Never use them. (13 votes [27.08%])

Percentage of vote: 27.08%

2. Use them with extreme caution. (25 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

3. Make sure you read the manual first, but they are fine. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Just mess about with them. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Ouiji Boards are fake garbage. (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Wah? Leave me alone. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    JordanK

JordanK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Jordan: "Did you just tap me?"
    Clara: "...No"

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:45 PM

I have heard all over threads, dont use Ouiji Boards, they are dangerous, etc, etc.

What I want to know is if they are used in a controlled manner, are you still guaranteed safety? And what is so dangerous about them exactly? I only ask because with the new series of BFH, we do a featured experiment each episode (there are six in total) and so far we have gotten: Dowsing Rods, Saence, Channeling and Crystals, and this leaves us with two more which we need to think of. Obviously a Ouiji Board would fill up another space, but naturally I am worried about the concequences if we do use one.

Thanks for any help you could offer original.gif  

#2    thefirstman

thefirstman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

• Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:56 PM

Ouija boards are dangerous.Period.But if used correctly can be fun.Me and 4 friends have been using Ouija for a couple of years now.At first it was freaky but now it's good.My best friend knew what to do so we followed his lead and eventually talked to an electrician called Frank.

Posted Image

"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#3    algernon the 3rd

algernon the 3rd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• ???

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:14 AM

I gave my answer in one of the threads of Friday, don't touch 'em.  

#4    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 23 November 2003 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (algenon_iii @ Nov 23 2003, 12:14 AM)
I gave my answer in one of the threads of Friday, don't touch 'em.

As someone who is verging on being a sceptic........I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole having heard so many bad stories from those who have

#5    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:37 AM

A family friend was a police officer in Salford, Greater Manchester in the 60's.  His sister died using a ouija board.

Don't use the damn things.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#6    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:49 AM

How she died using a Ouija board? dontgetit.gif

Anyway, I have a ouija board at home and the damn thing doesn't work. I mean is the thing really supposed to move on its own? My brother and I just sat there with our fingers on the thing and the thing barely moved. And it if it moved it was like a centimeter, mainly because our arms were tired from holding that position. It never moved back and forth all over the place like they do on TV or on the "In Search Of" series with Leonard Nimoy. disgust.gif

So it seems if the thing do move on the board, somebody is moving it. In the end, it is a self fulfilling prophecy! whistling2.gif  

#7    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:50 AM

Don't touch the thing ever.  They are dangerous.  They can conjur up some pretty nasty spirits.  My 2 aunts were living together years ago and they decided to play around with one.  Afterwards doors slammed in their house, there were cold spots, knocks on the walls, etc.  They had to move because it was too bad.  Don't use one ever!

Let's rock this joint!

#8    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:00 AM

My experience with the ouija board is the same as KayEl's. I tried the board several times with different friends and relatives, and nothing ever happened.

#9    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:40 AM

I was into these a long time ago, and considered myself mastering the object. Until the last time I touched one. A few of us used it one fell out the window minutes later breaking his ankle, another lost his job the next day, but while going to take the chap to the hospital to check on his ankle the over 4 in the car (all who used the board at the same time) crashed and all broke at least one bone each. The only one unaffected was me, because just before we started I had a nose bleed and filled the glass with my blood (I know, I was a teenager, and the last thing you do when youre a teenager is use your neurons, lol) huh.gif  

#10    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:16 AM

You people are foolish, Ive messed with over 4 different kinds of Ouiji Boards, from Parker Brothers, to 2 actual Boards created by Real Druids, or (Wiccans), and one board that my friend Kenny and I Carved out of Wood and none of them worked.
There was one time that I actually believed that Kenny, Rick, and Myself were not Moving it, but then Rick started laughing, and we all knew it was him moving the Dial. I have tried time after time, even by my lonesome trying to actually Meditate to see if anything would happen, and nothing happened at all.

Although I will say it is quite entertaining, especially if your camping out in the woods.

P.S My mother thought that they were so evil that one time she took my Parker Brothers Board and threw, Holy Water on it, it was so ridiculous. I laughed for hours upon hours, she even read the Bible to it. wink2.gif

You people are silly if you think they are dangerous. They are just mere fun.
So I guess Halloween is bad to now, since the Mexicans call it the Day of the Dead. tongue.gif

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#11    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 22 2003, 09:16 PM)
So I guess Halloween is bad to now, since the Mexicans call it the Day of the Dead. tongue.gif

Um, not sure if this is directed at me? But Im not Mexican, Im British, I just live in Mexico!

And Halloween and Day of the Dead are two completely different things. Halloween is on 31st of October, and takes place before Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead is on November 2nd, and is celebrated all throughout Latin America! And has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween!

#12    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Kryso @ Nov 23 2003, 03:27 AM)
QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 22 2003, 09:16 PM)

Um, not sure if this is directed at me? But I’m not Mexican, I’m British, I just live in Mexico!

And Halloween and Day of the Dead are two completely different things. Halloween is on 31st of October, and takes place before Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead is on November 2nd, and is celebrated all throughout Latin America! And has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween!

Yes I know that. wink2.gif I was just using it as an analogy, because of there are a few similarities, and the fact it was the only thing I could come up with at the time.  thumbsup.gif

Mexico has awesome, food!!!! I love Atomic Peppers. thumbsup.gif

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#13    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 22 2003, 10:19 PM)
Mexico has awesome, food!!!! I love Atomic Peppers. thumbsup.gif

If you like Mexican food, even some of the weird stuff, check out: World of the bizarre fried rat shocks dinners - thread. Because I have posted a few things I have tried while being in Mexico, from dog to donkey, to shark, etcetera.  dontgetit.gif

#14    JordanK

JordanK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Jordan: &quot;Did you just tap me?&quot;
    Clara: &quot;...No&quot;

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:22 AM

Ahhh, mexican is the best food in the world! It even overtakes Chinese Take-away in my mind. grin2.gif

Anywho, thannks to anyone who answered. I would be interested to find out how that lady died because of an Ouija Board and even though to be honest I am quite skeptical of the things, I wont suggest it. Thanks again! wink2.gif  

#15    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:36 AM

Ok............ don't know how many times I've said this on here ~ *takes deep breath*

The boards are not a toy - hence them being banned as such in many countries. Most of the time it's the collective concious of the group using the board that makes the planchette move, not a 'spirit'. However, sometimes things happen. During the research for my book I interviewed several sensible, articulate, intelligent people who have been terrified using the ouija. I myself used one in my teens and would never ever touch one again. (I only did it because I had been warned not to by other people - and I'm one of them that does the opposite of she's told  tongue.gif ).

Hammy x x x

PS Cold, pooped and covered in dog-hair  wacko.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users