Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The final word on Ouija Boards

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?

1. Never use them. (13 votes [27.08%])

Percentage of vote: 27.08%

2. Use them with extreme caution. (25 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

3. Make sure you read the manual first, but they are fine. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Just mess about with them. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Ouiji Boards are fake garbage. (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Wah? Leave me alone. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:45 AM

Ouija boards are dangerous, not only if they are used incorrectly, but also if they manage to attrct an evil or malign spirit.  There are a number of ways in which you can protect yourselves from the spirits that you summon, if it works at all.

1. Always wear silver, touching your skin.
2. Always say goodbye to the spirit after you finish as this helps it to depart.
3. Draw a circle around the board and sitters before you start.

There are others, but as I have put them elsewhere I will not repeat them all.

They are dangerous because you can call evil spirits to you, that then stay, it is if they stay that the fun begins, and you start to experience bad luck, accidents, cold spots and the other phenomenon.

Doing the above helps to stop this, but it may not if the spirit is particularly strong.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#17    Hammys Teddy

Hammys Teddy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 249 posts

• But you told me to 'paint the town red'. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:03 PM

*stands on propped up Ouija Board and peers over edge of toybox*

The only reason Ouija Boards are dangerous is due to people like Althalus and their scare mongering.

What gives 'silver' its protective power against 'spirits' exactly??

How does drawing a circle stop 'evil demons' coming through???

Does saying goodbye to a 'spirit after using the board make them feel better???

The only demons/spirits that you contact using a ouija board are those conjured up by your own mind.

A simple test will prove Ouija Boards are nonsense,, Do it blind folded and have a friend stand by and write down whatever messages you get, oh and have someone fluent in gibberish handy to interpret what you get.

*blows kiss to Hammy and climbs back inside toybox*

Avatar designed by 'thisfallendrummer' modified by 'UniversalAbsurdity'

#18    JordanK

JordanK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Jordan: "Did you just tap me?"
    Clara: "...No"

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:13 PM

I have to agree, but with some of the experience I have gotten from doing BFH I have learned not to mess in things that I dont understand. Maybe in the furure with more extensive research but I doubt it.

Is it nonsense? Probably, but why take the risk if its just for the sake of it. blink.gif

#19    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:43 PM

I find Kryso's and  Hammy's stories perfectly conceivable. But whether they are spirits, demons, auto-suggestion or projected complexes or whatever is another thing. There are so many accounts of less than pleasant things occurring with ouija... Maybe these occur when one or more suitably 'gifted' or attuned people are present.

A:21

#20    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• It shouldn't be "Seize the day" but "Seize *every* day"

Posted 23 November 2003 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 23 2003, 03:16 AM)
You people are foolish, Ive messed with over 4 different kinds of Ouiji Boards, from Parker Brothers, to 2 actual Boards created by Real Druids, or (Wiccans), and one board that my friend Kenny and I Carved out of Wood and none of them worked.

SO just because it's never worked for you means that they don't work for anybody?

The board is like a gateway between our side of the world and the spirit side. Saying goodbye closes the door.

If you don't believe it is at least *possible* then it most likely wont work. You've got to be open minded.

My brother and I just sat there with our fingers on the thing and the thing barely moved.

this is probably a stupid question but: you did ask it a question didnt you? It wont move unless you ask it questions to open the door.

You don't have to believe that it will or believe that it wont - just that it's possible.

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Long live PLGROYR!

#21    algernon the 3rd

algernon the 3rd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• ???

Posted 23 November 2003 - 10:00 PM

It's like the analogy I gave in another thread.  Using a ouija board is like leaving your front door open. But just because you've opened the door doesn't mean anyone will actually come in, but if they do you have little control over whether they have malicious intent or not.

#22    JordanK

JordanK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• Jordan: "Did you just tap me?"
    Clara: "...No"

Posted 24 November 2003 - 06:32 PM

*Applauds*

yeh, I guess that bascially explains it all then huh.gif  

#23    trekgirl

trekgirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:13 PM

I have heard on more than occasion (from more than a few sources which I cannot recall at the moment) that a spirit can get trapped in an Ouiji Board.  (which is why the same spirit will communicate with you over and over and over again).  Anyway, I never use them anymore... grin2.gif  

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]
"It is the unknown that defines our existence.  We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions.  We are explorers.  We explore our lives day by day.  And we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge.  And that is why I am here, not to conquer you with weapons or ideas but to coexist and to learn."
-Benjamin Sisko  "The Emissary"

#24    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

Supposedly it is because silver is supposed to either hurt spirits or they can not touch it, due to its existance in the spiritual plane also, and as you wear some during the session the spirit can not touch you.

The circle stops anything evil from coming through because it forms a protective barrier between the spirits and the living, they can not enter the circle, but can still communicate through it.

No, but it does let the spirit know that you want it to depart and so forces it to go.

This and other protective measures were given by David Farrant in a fairly recent interview in The X Factor.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#25    JLA369

JLA369

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• I am beavis!Before me you will bow!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:15 PM

Don't ever use it! Like all da people said...it has been a long time here and yes,I've seen alot of strange board games in my life...

Posted Image

Beavis and Butthead

Things that rock
-------------------------
AC/DC
Sevendust
Metallica
Korn
Black Sabbath
JLA369 says to rock on!

#26    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,352 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:30 PM

I was skeptical years ago. I tried it with different people with different outcomes. Lets just say that I wont be doing it anytime soon. Most of the outcomes were negative and frightening.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#27    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Althalus @ Nov 24 2003, 07:53 PM)

Supposedly it is because silver is supposed to either hurt spirits or they can not touch it, due to its existance in the spiritual plane also, and as you wear some during the session the spirit can not touch you.

The circle stops anything evil from coming through because it forms a protective barrier between the spirits and the living, they can not enter the circle, but can still communicate through it.

No, but it does let the spirit know that you want it to depart and so forces it to go.

This and other protective measures were given by David Farrant in a fairly recent interview in The X Factor.

First off I just want you to explain to me why Aleister Crowley, and Anton Levay former leader of the Satanic church uses Hexagrams, Pentagrams, and Baphomets made of silver to bring forth evil spirits if silver is supposed to make them go away? Are you saying that their methods are wrong.

Second of all a CIRCLE of MASS, from the Satanic Church is meant to summon forth demons, from the the 9 or 13 planes of Hell hmmmm?

3rd of all who are you to say that spirits understand English what if it was a spirit who only knew the words Roussus Demis which is goodbye in Russian, or Adios Amigos, or Asta la Vista, which is Goodbye in Spanish, Aloha which is goodbye in Hawaiiain.
I personally think that what you said could be a possibility, but you cannot dismiss the fact that you could also be absolutely wrong. Until you become a spirit yourself, more than likely you will never be able understand their needs or beliefs or what languages they understand. thumbsup.gif

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#28    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 25 2003, 12:23 AM)

Roussus Demis which is goodbye in Russian

Um........ I am gonna assume that you meant to put " Do svidaniya " there and not " Demis Roussos  " who is a Greek singer.  

whistling2.gif  

#29    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (thistle1 @ Nov 25 2003, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 25 2003, 12:23 AM)

Roussus Demis which is goodbye in Russian

Um........ I am gonna assume that you meant to put " Do svidaniya " there and not " Demis Roussos  " who is a Greek singer.  

whistling2.gif

Hahaha, I was just trying to prove a point I don't know how to speak russian, or any language besides English, a little Latin, and Spanish. I just wanted to let him know, that Mozart which is goodbye in scandinavian, just kidding.
All I meant was how does he know that spirits understand english, you know what I mean.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#30    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:45 PM

Not at all, just that in the Satanic Church the Circle is used differently than in Wicca.

The circle in actual fact gives you a point of focus for you to concentrate on.

David Gemmell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users