Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The final word on Ouija Boards

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?

1. Never use them. (13 votes [27.08%])

Percentage of vote: 27.08%

2. Use them with extreme caution. (25 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

3. Make sure you read the manual first, but they are fine. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Just mess about with them. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Ouiji Boards are fake garbage. (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Wah? Leave me alone. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 25 2003, 08:51 PM)
[QUOTE=thistle1,Nov 25 2003, 12:40 AM] [QUOTE=The
All I meant was how does he know that spirits understand english, you know what I mean.

They wouldn't respond otherwise, then people wouldn't bother.

#32    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Agent_21 @ Nov 25 2003, 11:04 PM)
They wouldn't respond otherwise

Well said A21  thumbsup.gif

#33    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,025 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 26 November 2003 - 01:38 AM

Okay thats a good enough answer for me. Ive lived 22 years, Ive tried time after time to conjure up spirits, angels, demons etc, and I have never seen or heard any of them, Ive used every method that I know possible, and none worked. Same go's for my friend Ronnie, Jason, Kenny, Rick, and other friends of mine.

My dude ronnie declares himself to be a satanist, but personally I think he's full of himself, and Kenny would like to call himself a druid. Who really cares? But if thats what makes them happy then Im happy for them. Same for you guys.

Honestly I think ronnie, let Dungeons and Dragons go to his head. dontgetit.gif  

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#34    Ruthie

Ruthie

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Life after death? -Yes, please!

Posted 26 November 2003 - 04:52 PM

Hi!

I just want to say: PLEACE STAY AWAY FROM THESE THINGS!

If someone told you they have smoked for 60 years, and they're still healthy, would you think "Oh, that must mean it's not dangerous" ?

Those who have played whit the board whitout getting any contact, I would consider  them LUCKY!!

So pleace stay away!

Hugs from Ruthie!

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.

Quote George W. Bush.

#35    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:01 PM

Now that I think about it, why would a board produced by Parker Brothers have the ability to contact spirits?

All I know is that if that thing is really suppose to move by itself, it should be on front page news, proof that spirits exist! Or at least evidence of psychokinesis.

#36    algernon the 3rd

algernon the 3rd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• ???

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (The Nameless One @ Nov 25 2003, 08:51 PM)
All I meant was how does he know that spirits understand english, you know what I mean.

Well of course spirits speak English, it's just like aliens they all speak English, I mean haven't you ever seen Star Trek, Star Wards, Dr Who, etc. etc.  tongue.gif  wink2.gif  

#37    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:18 PM

laugh.gif Funny, I nearly mentioned that!

#38    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:29 AM

Although I will say it is quite entertaining, especially if your camping out in the woods.

P.S My mother thought that they were so evil that one time she took my Parker Brothers Board and threw, Holy Water on it, it was so ridiculous. I laughed for hours upon hours, she even read the Bible to it.

In my very humble opinion I find it  unwise to go around treating the Ouija board as a play thing , your Mother was probably very wise to bless the board with the bible . Perhaps that's what stopped you from experiencing anything nasty . On a side note it has recently been proven that intelligence is past down genetically through the female parent , in your case nameless you should consider yourself very lucky ..

Oh and nameless if you are tempted which I urge you not to be try cutting out bits of paper labelled with the alphabet  , the numbers 1 to 9 and the words Yes and No  arrange them in a circle and just use a glass as your planchette . And then if you really really want to prove that spirits exsist ask for ED . I'll send him your way  , he'd like you  devil.gif

#39    Nowhere

Nowhere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• I am everyone and noone.

Posted 02 December 2003 - 05:36 AM

I used to be a skeptic but if you will suspend disbelief for a few pages I will describe my encounter. For kicks I bought one, never really got a reaction out of it. A few months later my sister had a friend over and wanted to try, my room was in the corner of the house and had no windows, very tiny house. We turned off the lights and had a lamp as a light source, the 3 of us starting getting a response, the questions mainly regarding my sis' friend's boyfriend, he had lost a brother in a motorcycle accident 2 years earlier, and strangeley the boyfriend and his brother tread a similar path in life. After a few sessions things began to get very omenous. Mainly fortelling of a similar accident. Later they got ludicrous saying I would marry my sisters' friend and she would cheat on me several times. Some of the times no one needed to be touching the planchette, merely asking a question would elicit a response,I had begun to use it alone as if it were a compulsion. I had some people say that I should not be playing with this thing anymore(plus the scene in amityville 3-d aka amityville the demon with the homemade board and Meg Ryan creeped me out)I began to read more and more about things such as channeling and the paranormal. I had two friends which were remote viewers and they showed me how to do it, for fun they would use it on me and they always noticied a dark shadow in the same room as I was, needless to say this creeped me out. I tried to rid myself of it but was unable to, It would come and go when I read the bible or prayed, but never would be totally gone. After some time I had gotten into channeling, visualization etc and I was able to put a face to what I was being stalked by, he wore a tuxedo with the top button undone, no tie, has dark sunken eyes, and long shaggy hair, went by the name of Howard. Eventually my cats would start trying to strike at thin air and hiss for no reason, my dog would start yelping and running out of  the room for no reason,it was always cold. I had later moved out into the basement and kept the door to that room closed at all times. I did not have a bed anymore but that didn't bother me, I would lay awake on the couch and shadows would be dancing around me forming images randomly, I had a hard time sleeping at night and would try to stay out as late as possible, it was hard being 16 at the time. Eventually I "closed the gate" for a time things calmed down, my parents gave me the hint to move out a few months later and things appeared to be fine, I'm still sure something is there in the house and is affecting my Dad, my mom has since temporarily moved out, she is only there on weekends, Oddly enough my wife had told me what she is giving her for x-mas, something my mom has not used since she was little, an ouija board. So even in the hands of an expert it can be dangerous, on the other hand it could be no more evil than Monopoly.

I remain....

Nowhere

I remain...

Nowhere

#40    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• It's in the trees--- it's coming!

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:15 PM

Say, here's a good question: where did the Ouiji Board come from?  Was there one person who created it, was it based on an older form of spirit communication, or was it created as a board game?  

I've never seen a Ouiji board in real life, only on TV.  No one I know has ever owned one.  But I probably wouldn't touch one, even though psychological theory totally discredits them.      

...I Want to Believe.

#41    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

If the thing on the Ouija board started moving by itself with no hands on it, I would totally freak out, turn the lights on, and stopped asking the board anymore questions. Sorry, Nowhere, nothing against you, but I really express doubt whenever people have such a "calm" reaction to a supernatural experience. blink.gif  

#42    DarkSoul

DarkSoul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• ~Lost Soul~

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:36 AM

The messesage indicator can move without being touched....
my cousin used to play with it a lot
and she said it used to just move on its own...
she could just look at the board and ask it something and it would
start moving on its own....
but then the board went crazy
and starting spellin E V I L over and over..
she said she didn't want to talk the spirit anymore....
but then thing in the house started flying around the vcr turned on and off
lights turned on and off
so they she stopped playing....
then at night she said she could feel something punching her from inside....

thats the story she told me.....
scary......

ouija boards are fun.. as long as you dont ask them.. WHEN DO I DIE... etc....

MUUUU HA HA HA AH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA devil.gif  

Posted Image

#43    Coconino_County

Coconino_County

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 179 posts

• Ka-wa-am!!
    I popped him with the sweetest brick Kolin Kelly ever baked.

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:49 AM

I find it hard to believe that the majority of ouija boards, which are mass produced in factories by the hundreds, could have any spirit attached to them. They are most likely made in sweatshops by asian children who have no idea what the symbols on them mean. They are sold in toy stores, in between candy land and mousetrap. i'm sure there is the occasional ouija board hand carved in barbados and cursed by a jungle queen that could be considered genuinely mysterious, but for the most part, they are toys and nothing more.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. - W.C. Fields

#44    s158stu

s158stu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• the truth is out there

Posted 05 December 2003 - 10:46 PM

me and some friends used one in the winter of 1986, we where at  my friends place at the time, we were in his fathers camper van messing around with one, when the class moved and tried to spell out a word, we sh** ourselfs, and put it away under the mattress,the next day his father died in a road accident??yes in his camper??if you do use one make sure you close the door to spirt world, before you pack it away?because you don`t want a house full of bad spirts do you??? devil.gif    

#45    Ruthie

Ruthie

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Life after death? -Yes, please!

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:17 PM

As I said before HOW can you be SURE of that the advices you give has any form of truth????!!!!??
Just because it has worked for you? Just because someone told you? Because you read it somewhere??

If you open up for the possibility of a Ouija bord working, then shouldn't you open up for the poosibility that you DON'T know every thing??

I'm having a hard time trying to understand how you could be so SURE that you have the correct answeres!

Please tell me how!

-RUthie-

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.

Quote George W. Bush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users